|Woojin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||April 8, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Woojin is a South Korean musician who was the vocalist of the boy band named Stray Kids until 2019 which also includes artists such as Bang Chan, Lee Know, Changbin, Hyunjin, Han, Felix, I.N, and Seungmin. Stray Kids was launched via a self-titled survival reality show in 2017 and has released a number of EPs, mixtapes, and singles like I Am Not, I Am Who, I Am You, Clé 1: Miroh, Clé 2: Yellow Wood, District 9, I Am You, My Pace, Miroh, and Side Effects. The band’s skills have also been recognized and it has been accordingly rewarded with several awards such as Asia Artist Award, Gaon Chart Music Award, Asia Model Award, Golden Disc Award, MBC Plus X Genie Music Award, Mnet Asian Music Award, Seoul Music Award, Korea First Brand Award, and Soompi Award. Moreover, Woojin has trained with entertainment companies such as JYP Entertainment, Fantagio, and SM Entertainment and shares a friendly bond with the members of the k-pop boy group, NCT.
Daejeon, South Korea
Woojin studied at and graduated from the School of Performing Arts Seoul (SOPA) based in South Korea.
Singer, Musician, TV Personality
- Siblings – Woojin has an older brother.
Woojin is represented by JYP Entertainment.
K-Pop, Hip Hop, Electronica
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has described his ideal type as someone who is charismatic.
Race / Ethnicity
Woojin is of South Korean descent.
- Lean body
- Thin lips
- Pierced ears
As a former member of Stray Kids, Woojin has done endorsement work for a number of brands which include the likes of Jambangee Jeans, Ivy Club, Minute Maid Sparkling, Pro-Specs, and many others.
Moreover, Stray Kids has been chosen as an ambassador for the likes of Lotte Duty-Free and Talk Talk Korea Contest (2019) and it has also served as an honorary ambassador for the Korean Culture and Information Service (KOCIS) as well as the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism (MCST).
Best Known For
- Being the former vocalist of the South Korean boy band, Stray Kids, alongside the likes of Bang Chan, Lee Know, Changbin, Hyunjin, Han, Felix, I.N, and Seungmin. Stray Kids has won several awards such as Asia Artist Award, Gaon Chart Music Award, Asia Model Award, Golden Disc Award, MBC Plus X Genie Music Award, Mnet Asian Music Award, Seoul Music Award, Soribada Best K-Music Award, U+5G The Fact Music Award, Korea First Brand Award, Soompi Award, and many more. The group has also amassed a huge social media fan base with more than 5 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Twitter, and more than a million followers on Facebook.
- Having released popular music as a part of Stray Kids which released its pre-debut extended play, titled Mixtape, on January 8, 2018, via JYP Entertainment and Genie Music and it included 7 tracks – Hellevator, Spread My Wings, School Life, Yayaya, 4419, Glow, and Beware. The EP was ranked at number #2 in the US World Albums (Billboard) chart as well as in the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart, at number #9 in the New Zealand Heatseeker Albums (RMNZ) chart, and at number #22 in the Independent Albums (Billboard) chart.
- Being a part of the 4th extended play, titled Clé 1: Miroh, by Stray Kids which was released on March 25, 2019, via JYP Entertainment and Iriver. It comprised of songs such as Entrance, Miroh, Victory Song, Maze of Memories, and Chronosaurus and topped the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart as it appeared on the chart’s topmost position. Also, it was ranked at number #3 in the US World Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #13 in the Top Heatseekers (Billboard) chart, and at number #15 in the Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart.
As a Singer
As a former member of Stray Kids, Woojin has been a part of a wide range of EPs, mixtapes, music videos, and singles which include the likes of I Am Not, I Am Who, I Am You, Clé 1: Miroh, Clé 2: Yellow Wood, District 9, I Am You, My Pace, Miroh, and Side Effects.
Woojin has maintained a healthy physique by working out on a regular basis.
Woojin Favorite Things
- Movie Genre – Mellow
- Season – Autumn
- Food – Chicken with cheese on the top
- Ever since he was a young boy, he wanted to pursue a career in music because he enjoyed singing a lot.
- Previously, Woojin used to train with entertainment companies such as Fantagio and SM Entertainment and has trained with the NCT members as well.
- After JYP Entertainment (JYPE) announced a new survival show titled Stray Kids, the eponymous boy band was launched in the year 2017. The agency released the band’s very first music video for a song named “Hellevator” even before the show premiered and later, the song went on to be released as a digital single. In the show, 2 members, Lee Know and Felix, got eliminated from being a part of the group but, fortunately, ended up being in the final line-up.
- Woojin is trained in Kendo which is a traditional Japanese martial art.
- According to him, his best facial feature is his laugh.
- He takes a great interest in self-care.
- Woojin has revealed that one of his secret talents is that he can tell all the fried chicken brands.
- If he ever gets a time machine, he would love to go back to the days when he was a mere 10 years old boy.
- While being a member of Stray Kids, he was cast in a variety of shows and dramas such as The 9th, Intro: I Am Not, The 9th: Season 2, Stray Kids Amigo TV, Two Kids Room, The 9th: Season 3, Two Kids Room Vol. 2, Finding Stray Kids, Two Kids Room Vol. 3, Two Kids Room Vol. 4, What If You Are A JYP Entertainment’s Trainee?, and SKZ-Talker Go!.
- If Woojin were given a choice between mountains and sea/beach, he would definitely go for the sea/beach.
- His idea of a nice vacation might include going to a valley.
- While vacationing, Woojin does not like to indulge in the water fighting at a playground.
- He prefers pouring sauce to dips.
- Woojin has been roommates with artists such as Minho, Changbin, and Felix.
- He shares a friendly bond with Wanna One‘s Jihoon and NCT‘s Jungwoo.
- Apart from his mother language, he can also speak English.
- Woojin has been an admirer of the Versace Dylan Blue perfume.
- He totally enjoys shopping for clothes and also loves listening to music in his spare time.
- His hobbies include playing games and watching horror and action movies.
- He dislikes eating Tom Yum Kkung.
- Eyes are considered to be Woojin’s best feature.
- If things had not worked out for him as a singer, he might have opted to become a vocal trainer or a music teacher.
- He certainly has the biggest hands amongst the Stray Kids members.
- He has had a habit of eating rice really quickly.
- Woojin credits the American singer, songwriter, record producer, multi-instrumentalist, and dancer, Bruno Mars, as his role model.
- He lives by the motto “Let’s not make things that we regret.”
- Woojin left the band Stray Kids in 2019.
Featured Image by Stray Kids / Instagram