|Yang Ji-won Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 5, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Yang Ji-won is a South Korean singer, musician, performer, actor, and television personality who has been a part of girl groups such as T-ara (formed by MBK Entertainment in 2009), Spica (formed by B2M Entertainment in 2012), and Uni.T (formed through the KBS survival show The Unit). In addition to that, Yang Ji-won has also been cast in a variety of shows and movies like King of Mask Singer, Death Bell, Divorce Lawyer in Love, Go Back, What’s Up, Larva and Friends in My Arms, Game of Witches, The Unit: Idol Rebooting Project, Diary of Five Girls, and We Break Up Every Time But We Love Again.
Seoul, South Korea
Yang Ji-won studied at Poongmoon Girls’ High School. After graduating, she attended Dongguk University‘s Department of Theatre and Film.
Singer, Musician, Performer, Actor, Television Personality
Yang Ji-won has been signed with –
- B2M Entertainment (2012–2017)
Mnet Media, CJ E&M, B2M Entertainment, ASA Music LLC, PocketDol Studio, CL& Company
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Note – In an episode of the talk show Video Star on July 31, 2018, Yang Ji-won revealed that she had a non-celebrity boyfriend.
Race / Ethnicity
Yang Ji-won is of Korean descent.
Yang Ji-won Facts
- She spent her childhood years growing up in Jeonju.
- Alongside Yubin, Uee, Jun Hyo-seong, and G.NA, Yang Ji-won was originally set to debut as part of the 5-member group Five Girls under Good Entertainment. They went on to star in the MTV reality show Diary of Five Girls in 2007. However, the group was unable to debut due to the company’s financial struggles.
- She made her first theatrical film appearance as Min Hye-Young in the 2008 horror film Death Bell, starring Lee Beom-soo, Kim Bum, Nam Gyu-ri, and Yoon Jung-hee.
- Along with Jiae, Eunjung, Hyomin, and Jiyeon, Yang Ji-won trained under Mnet Media for 3 years. They were the original T-ara lineup but Jiwon and Jiae left the company in June 2009 citing differences in music style.
- From 2011 to 2012, she played Yang Ji-eun in the musical drama series What’s Up.
- She was a member of the girl group Spica formed by B2M Entertainment in 2012. Her fellow bandmates included Kim Bo-a, Park Si-hyun, Park Na-rae, and Kim Bo-hyung.
- On February 8, 2012, Spica released its debut extended play titled Russian Roulette and it included songs like Up N Down, No More, Russian Roulette, etc. The group promoted the song Russian Roulette on shows like Music Bank, Music Core, and K-Pop Con.
- Spica released its 2nd extended play Lonely on November 21, 2012, via B2M Entertainment and it peaked at #8 on the South Korean (Gaon Music Chart). The EP’s tracklist included Since You’re Out of My Life, Lonely, With You, That Night (그날 밤), and Lonely (Instrumental).
- Yang Ji-won made her debut as part of the Spica subunit Spica.S (Spica Special) in September 2014.
- CJ E&M announced on February 6, 2017, that Spica had disbanded with the members going their separate ways. On February 8, 2017, Spica posted a letter on Instagram confirming that they would return in the future.
- Following Spica‘s disbandment, she sold green juice.
- Yang Ji-won was also a member of the group UNI.T which was formed through the idol rebooting show The Unit. On May 18, 2018, the group made its debut with the release of its first mini album Line. UNI.T had its last Music Bank performance on October 12, 2018, and the group subsequently disbanded.
- She has appeared in the music videos of songs such as Yesterday by Kim Kyu-jong, I’ll Be There by Boyfriend, Bad Guy by No Gi-tae (ft. H-Eugene), and Shower of Tears by Baechigi (ft. Ailee).
- Apart from Korean, she is also fluent in Japanese and Mandarin.
Featured Image by leanom / tistory.com / CC BY 4.0