|Yash Chopra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||September 27, 1932|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Yash Chopra was an Indian director, film producer, and writer who is remembered for being one of the most influential people of the Indian film industry who worked on several award-winning films like Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge, Chak De India, Veer Zaara, Deewaar, Dil To Pagal Hai, and Chandni.
Yash Raj Chopra
He was born on September 27, 1932.
Yash Chopra died on October 21, 2012, at the age of 80 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India following multiple organ failure due to Dengue fever.
Lahore, Punjab, British India (Later: Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan)
Yash Chopra studied at Doaba College which is a multi-faculty postgraduate co-educational institution located in Jalandhar, Punjab, India.
Director, Film Producer, Writer
- Father – Vilayati Raj Chopra (An accountant in the PWD division of the British Punjab administration)
- Siblings – Baldev Raj Chopra (Older Brother) (Film Producer, Director), Dharam Raj Chopra (Older Brother) (Cinematographer), Raj Chopra (Older Brother) (Distribution and Production Manager), Kuldip Raj Chopra (Older Brother). Yash Chopra had 3 other older siblings.
- Others – Ravi Chopra (Nephew) (Producer, Director), Shashi Chopra (Nephew), Bina Chopra (Niece)
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Yash Chopra had dated –
- Mumtaz – He has a short-termed romance with actress Mumtaz.
- Pamela Yash Chopra (1970-2012) – He got married to Bollywood playback singer Pamela Chopra in 1970 and they remained together until his death in 2012. The duo was blessed with 2 sons – Aditya Chopra (born May 21, 1971) and Uday Chopra (born January 5, 1973).
Race / Ethnicity
- Usually worked on romantic movies
- Thick eyebrows
Yash Chopra Favorite Things
- Film Directed By Him – Ittefaq, Daag, Deewar, Kabhie Kabhie, Lamhe, Mashaal
- Shooting Spot – Switzerland
Source – IMDb
Yash Chopra Facts
- He founded the film production and distribution company, Yash Raj Film in 1970.
- Yash Chopra once described himself as a sentimental person.
- His critically acclaimed romantic drama film, Veer-Zaara, was released in 2004 and it bagged several awards including Filmfare Award, Zee Cine Award, National Film Award, and Screen Award.
- Regarding Veer-Zaara, he once said, “…Veer-Zaara (2004) is a humble tribute to my home in Punjab. It’s my tribute to the one-ness of people on both sides of the border. Every religion preaches peace. Then why the bloodshed for the sake of religion? Why are we destroying each other?”.
- Yash Chopra admired playback singer Lata Mangeshkar and had also worked with her on several projects.
- He preferred old-styled movies to modern movies.
- A lake in the Alpenrausch, a shooting spot, has been named in his honor as ‘Chopra Lake’.
- Some prominent actors that he used to frequently cast in his films included Shashi Kapoor, Amitabh Bachchan, Waheeda Rehman, Shah Rukh Khan, Raakhee, and Rani Mukerji.
- The government of India honored Yash Chopra with the Dadasaheb Phalke Award in 2001 and with the Padma Bhushan in 2005.
- In 2006, he was a member of the jury at the Berlin International Film Festival.
Featured Image by Filmi Tadka / filmitadka.in / CC BY-SA 3.0