|Uday Chopra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||January 5, 1973|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Uday Chopra is an Indian actor, producer, screenwriter, and assistant director who is best known for acting in films such as Mohabbatein (2000), Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai (2002), and Dhoom (2004). He has also served as the assistant director in films such as Lamhe (1991), Darr (1993), Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge (1995), Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), and Hum Tum (2004). He is a member of the highly influential Chopra family of directors, producers, and screenwriters, and has served as the director of Yash Raj Films, and the CEO of YRF Entertainment (a Los Angeles-based production/financing company which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Yash Raj Films).
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Actor, Producer, Screenwriter, Assistant Director
- Father – Yash Chopra (Director, Producer, Writer, Founding Chairman of Yash Raj Films, 6-Time Winner at the National Film Awards, Dadasaheb Phalke Awardee, Padma Bhushan Awardee) (d. October 21, 2012)
- Mother – Pamela Chopra (née Singh) (Playback Singer, Writer, Producer) (Died in 2023)
- Siblings – Aditya Chopra (Older Brother) (Filmmaker, Writer, Chairman and Managing Director of Yash Raj Films)
- Others – Rani Mukerji (Sister-in-Law) (Actress), Adira Chopra (Niece), Payal Khanna (Ex-Sister-in-Law) (Film Producer, Interior Designer), Vilayati Raj Chopra (Paternal Grandfather) (Public Works Department Employee in the British Punjab Administration), Draupadi Chopra (Paternal Grandmother), Baldev Raj ‘B. R.’ Chopra (Paternal Uncle) (Director, Producer, Founder of B.R. Films, Dadasaheb Phalke Awardee) (d. November 5, 2008), Ravi Chopra (Cousin) (Director, Producer) (d. November 12, 2014), Renu Chopra (Cousin-in-Law) (Producer), Kapil Chopra (First Cousin Once Removed), Abhay Chopra (First Cousin Once Removed), Shashi Chopra (Cousin), Bina Chopra (Cousin), Dharam Raj Chopra (Paternal Uncle) (Cinematographer) (d. September 28, 2002), Kiran Chopra (Aunt), Raj Chopra (Paternal Uncle) (Distribution/Production Manager), Kuldip Raj Chopra (Paternal Uncle) (Banker), Hiroo Johar (née Chopra) (Paternal Aunt) (Producer), Yash Johar (Uncle) (Film Producer, Founder of Dharma Productions) (d. June 26, 2004), Karan Johar (Cousin) (Producer, Director, Actor, Screenwriter, Costume Designer, Television Personality, Head of Dharma Productions), Yash Johar (First Cousin Once Removed), Roohi Johar (First Cousin Once Removed), D. N. Chopra (Paternal Uncle), Vidhu Vinod Chopra (Cousin) (Film Director, Producer, Editor, Screenwriter, Lyricist, Actor, Founder of Vinod Chopra Films and Vinod Chopra Productions), Anupama Chopra (Cousin-in-Law) (Author, Journalist, Film Critic), Zuni Chopra (First Cousin Once Removed) (Author), Agni Dev Chopra (First Cousin Once Removed), Shabnam Sukhdev (Ex-Cousin-in-Law) (Film Director), Ishaa Chopra (First Cousin Once Removed), Renu Saluja (Ex-Cousin-Law) (Film Editor) (d. August 2000), Mohinder Singh (Maternal Grandfather) (Former Officer in the Indian Army)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Uday has dated –
- Rinke Khanna (2002)
- Tanisha Mukherjee (2005-2007)
- Nargis Fakhri (2014-2019)
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Clean-shaven look
Uday Chopra Facts
- In July 2012, Uday had founded his own company called Yomics, which creates comics about popular movies produced by Yash Raj Films including Hum Tum, Dhoom, and Ek Tha Tiger.
- For co-producing the 2014 biographical drama film Grace of Monaco, he had earned a nomination in the category of ‘Outstanding Television Movie’ at the 67th Primetime Emmy Awards.
- Later that year, he had produced the comedy-drama film The Longest Week, the very first project of YRF Entertainment.
Featured Image by Uday Chopra / Instagram