|Aditya Chopra Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||May 21, 1971|
Aditya Chopra is an Indian film director, producer, and writer famous for directing blockbuster films like Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Mohabbatein (2000), Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008), and Befikre (2016). He is also the chairman of Yash Raj Films, which is one of the most successful production companies in Bollywood.
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Aditya studied at the Bombay Scottish School in Mumbai. He attended Sydenham College and graduated alongside other celebs like Karan Johar, Abhishek Kapoor, and Anil Thadani.
Director, Producer, Writer
- Father – Yash Chopra (Director, Producer) (Died from Dengue in 2012)
- Mother – Pamela Chopra (née Singh) (Singer, Producer, Writer)
- Siblings – Uday Chopra (Younger Brother) (Actor, Producer)
- Others – Mohinder Singh (Maternal Grandfather) (Indian Army Officer), Karan Johar (Maternal Cousin Brother) (Director, Producer, Actor)
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Aditya Chopra has dated –
- Payal Khanna (2001-2009) – Aditya’s first wife was his high school sweetheart Payal Khanna. The duo was married from 2001 to 2009.
- Rani Mukerji (2007-Present) – Aditya began dating actress Rani Mukerji in 2007. The couple got married on April 21, 2014, in Italy and welcomed daughter Adira Chopra on December 9, 2015. In March 2023, during an appearance on Kareena Kapoor‘s chat show, What Women Want, Rani revealed that their daughter Adira was born prematurely and was in the NICU for about 7 days.
Race / Ethnicity
Aditya Chopra Favorite Things
- Movies – Cinema Paradiso (1988), Deewaar (1975), E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982), Kabhi Kabhie (1976), Awaara (1951), Mughal-E-Azam (1960), Chupke Chupke (1975), Goodfellas (1990), Masoom (1983)
- Books – Kane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer, The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand, The Firm by John Grisham
Source – Rediff, News18.com
Aditya Chopra Facts
- After he turned 18, he began assisting his father Yash Chopra on films like Chandni (1989), Lamhe (1991), and Darr (1993).
- Aditya is an avid football fan and was known to be a good player in his school and college days.
- Aditya was born with a cleft lip, which was surgically fixed after birth.
- His production company Yash Raj Films (YRF) has launched the careers of several Bollywood stars such as Ranveer Singh, Anushka Sharma, Parineeti Chopra, etc.
- In December 2008, an extremely introverted Chopra was photographed by the media while leaving the private screening of Ghajini (starring Aamir Khan). His panic-stricken reaction to being clicked made newspaper headlines and fuelled rumors that he was suffering from social anxiety.
- Karan Johar began his filmmaking career by assisting Chopra with his directorial debut, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge in 1994. Aditya also encouraged Karan to become a director himself.
- He has written poems in his films like “Aisa pehli baar hua satra aathra saalon mein” said by Kajol in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, “Teri aankhon ki namkeen mastiyan” said by Shahrukh Khan in Jab Tak Hai Jaan (2012), and “Bande hain hum uske humpe kiska zor” said by Aamir Khan in Dhoom 3 (2013).
- Although Aditya is one of the most powerful directors in Bollywood, he is very media-shy and had only given 2 public interviews between 1995 and 2019.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / Wikimedia / CC BY 3.0