|Yvette Nicole Brown Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||August 12, 1971|
Yvette Nicole Brown is an American actress, voice actress, writer, comedian, host, producer, and singer who rose to fame after playing the role of Helen Dubois in the sitcom Drake & Josh (2004-2007). She went on to appear in several other TV programs such as the game show The Big Fib (2020) having been the host in it, and Community (2009-2015) where her phenomenal performance as Shirley Bennett fetched her the Gracie Award for “Outstanding Female Actor in a Supporting Role – Comedy Series or Special” in 2011. She has also worked as a voice-over artist and has voiced many characters like Cookie on the animated series Pound Puppies (2010–2013). Yvette has sung for various soundtracks such as Helen’s Song for the television series Victorious in 2011 and starred in numerous films including Tropic Thunder (2008). She has been the producer of a number of movies and TV shows as well, like the romantic comedy film Always a Bridesmaid (2019) for which she was the writer too.
Yvette Nicole Brown
East Cleveland, Ohio, United States
She attended Warrensville Heights High School in Warrensville Heights in Ohio, graduating in 1989. She then went to the University of Akron and acquired her Bachelor of Arts in Communication in 1994.
While at Akron, she became a sister of the Delta Pi chapter of the Alpha Kappa Alpha sorority. After that, Brown took acting lessons in Hollywood, Los Angeles.
Actress, Voice actress, Writer, Comedian, Host, Producer, Singer
- Siblings – Paris (Older Brother)
- Others – Charles Brown (Uncle) (Legendary Actor)
She is represented by KMR Talent.
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
In October 2022, she revealed her height as 5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm in an interview given to UsMagazine.com.
58 kg or 128 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Zachary Levi – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Afro hairstyle
- Bright and expressive eyes
She has appeared in numerous commercials including those for KB Toys in 2003 and Hallmark in 2009.
Yvette Nicole Brown’s Favorite Things
- Inspirations – Movies like Star Wars, Films of John Hughes with Sixteen Candles having changed her life, the TV shows A Different World and The Cosby Show that had opened her eyes, Carol Burnett for being that wacky unapologetically, Kim Fields and Janet Jackson having admired everything about them and considered them as her role models
- Game – Taboo
- Movies – It’s a Wonderful Life (1946), All About Eve (1950), The Princess Bride (1987), While You Were Sleeping (1995), Coming to America (1988)
Yvette Nicole Brown’s Facts
- She got inducted into Warrensville Heights High School’s hall of fame in 2009.
- Yvette has considered Community to have been one of the greatest blessings of her life and career as the show taught her a lot and showed her many things that she did not want to do or be. Besides that, there was something about the experience with the family there including the cast, crew, and writers that was unique as she worked with them together for very long hours. She has recalled that they had all come to know each other so intimately that they could easily finish each other’s sentences.
- Yvette has affirmed that she does not have a career without her faith. She has believed that she was not put on the planet only to be an actor but that she was placed here to love, celebrate, and support, and God blessed her where she can do all of that on the set.
- She has been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. While filming the show Community, she used to eat a lot of donuts, which led to her getting diagnosed with diabetes by season 3. Plus, she had gained a considerable amount of weight.
- During the 2021 Creative Coalition’s Television Humanitarian Awards Gala, she was honored with an award for her humanitarian work.
- A quote from Drake & Josh or Community is what people say to her the most.
- She got starstruck when she met Betty White for the first time.
- She is so competitive at playing taboo that she has been banned from playing it at some friends’ game nights.
- She is best at getting asleep fast.
- She is a good denim jacket collection.
- She considers this advice as the best advice she ever received – Kindness will open doors that looks and talent can’t even budge.
- If she wasn’t an entertainer, she would have been a kindergarten teacher.
- In 2022, she lost her mom, but she made Yvette laugh the most when she was alive.
- Her #1 beauty tool is lash lines provided by her makeup artist Camara Aunique.
- After a long day at work, she likes to talk to her dad in order to relax.
- Yvette is great at making meatloaf and mashed potatoes.
- At 12, she attended her first concert which was of Luther Vandross and DeBarge.
- She is friends with singer El DeBarge.
- She spent 3 months in Ireland for the filming of the movie Disenchanted. She liked her time there so much that she considered living there.
- She is not a walk-and-chew-gum-at-the-same-time type of person.
- Yvette’s first car was Nissan Sentra. She used to call it ‘Nate’.
- She prefers reading the autobiography of a person she admires which includes Viola Davis.
- In 2019, after completing the film Lady and the Tramp (2019), she adopted a dog of the cocker spaniel breed named, Mister Harley Brown.
- Growing up, she idolized Janet Jackson and Kim Fields a lot.
Featured Image by Yvette Nicole Brown / Instagram