Christopher Charles Lloyd
The Boy Wonder, The Rap LeBron James, Blue Hefner, Gang Green, New Diamonds, The Punchline Boy, Lloyd Banks
New Carrollton, Maryland, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Lloyd Banks went to the August Martin High School in New York City. However, he dropped out of the high school at the age of 16.
- Father – His father was incarcerated in the prison for most of Lloyd’s childhood.
- Mother – Rosa Lloyd
- Siblings – He has two younger brothers.
Lloyd Banks can be reached through Interscope Records.
G-Unit, Interscope Records, EMI
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lloyd Banks has dated –
- Taylor Rain – Lloyd Banks reportedly had a fling with the adult movie actress, Taylor Rain in the past. They were pictured together at a few parties and she herself confirmed that she had slept with the rapper.
- Olivia Longott (2004-2006) – Banks reportedly started going out with recording artist Olivia Longott in 2004. It was claimed that they had fallen for each other while working on her debut single, Twist It. They dated for about two years and split in 2006.
- Yaris Sanchez (2009-2010) – Lloyd hooked up with exotic dancer and model Yaris Sanchez in 2009. They had first met at the photo shoot for his album, Beamer, Benz, or Bentley. They were in a relationship for about 10 months before she decided to end it. She later confirmed their relationship during her appearance on the radio show, Star & Buc Wild Morning Show.
- Nikki B (2011) – Banks reportedly had a fling with model Nikki B in 2011.
- In December 2016, it was revealed that he had become a father to a baby girl. As per the media reports, the mother of the child was his longtime girlfriend, whose identity is unknown.
Race / Ethnicity
On his father’s side, he has African American ancestry, while, on his mother’s side, he is of Puerto Rican descent.
- Often wears a baseball cap
- Wears heavy gold chains
- Buzzcut hairdo
Lloyd Banks hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
He has not spoken about his religious beliefs publicly.
Best Known For
- Being one of the founding members of the popular hip-hop group, G-Unit. The group is well known for the popularity of their debut album, Beg for Mercy, which was certified as double platinum.
- Having collaborated with popular and established rap stars such as Eminem, Snoop Dogg, and Busta Rhymes.
- The popularity of his solo studio albums such as The Hunger for More and Rotten Apples.
In 2004, he released his debut solo album, The Hunger for More, which was a massive hit and even debuted at the top rank on the Billboard 200 charts.
First TV Show
In May 2003, Lloyd Banks made his first TV show appearance in the sketch show, Saturday Night Live, as a musical guest but his appearance wasn’t credited.
His first credited TV show appearance came in a talk show, The Howard Stern Show, in December 2003.
Lloyd Banks’ workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Lloyd Banks Favorite Things
- Rappers – Biggie Smalls, Tupac Shakur, Big Daddy Kane, Rakim
- Drink – Hawaiian Punch
- Dance Song – Doo Doo Brown
Source – SOHH
Lloyd Banks Facts
- He grew up in the same violent and crime-ridden neighborhood as 50 Cent and Tony Yayo. They eventually became good friends and tried to find sanctuary in rapping.
- Lloyd’s mother raised him as a single mother.
- When he, 50 Cent and Tony Yayo found the rap group, G-Unit, he was merely 17 years old. Early on, they released several mixtapes to catch the attention of big record labels.
- In 2003, his music group collaborated with Marc Ecko (the founder of Eckō Unlimited) to launch an exclusive line of accessories and clothing inspired by their works.
- In a bid to give back to the society, G-Unit members established G-Unity Foundation Inc. that aimed to improve the standard of living of the underprivileged and low-income communities.
- He was shot twice in stomach and back while he was leaving a nightclub in Queens neighborhood of New York City in September 2001. When he woke in the hospital the following day of shooting, he found out that the Twin Towers had been a target of a terrorist attack and from his bed, he watched business landmarks of NYC crumble into a pile of rubble.
- In August 2005, Lloyd Banks who was traveling with fellow rapper Young Buck and his entourage was pulled over by police after they jumped a red light. On searching their vehicle, they found a loaded handgun and another firearm. The gun-related felony charges were dropped against Banks and Buck in November 2006 after it was proved that neither of them was in possession of the weapons.
- In January 2010, he got into an altercation with a concert promoter over his performance fees. He was eventually charged with aggravated assault, robbery, and forcible confinement.
- When he was 6 years old, his family moved to Queens neighborhood of New York City.
- Visit his official website @ lloydbanks.com.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and YouTube.
Featured Image by East718 / Wikimedia / Public Domain