Alexander Zane Reid Lowe
Auckland, New Zealand
Los Angeles, California, United States
Zane Lowe studied at the Auckland Grammar School.
Producer, Songwriter, Broadcaster, and DJ
- Father – Derek Lowe
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Zane Lowe is managed by –
- Luke Mitzman, General Manager, 100 Management, London & Los Angeles
- Marc Geiger, Booking Agent, WME Entertainment, Los Angeles, California, USA
Vocals, Sound design
- Deepgrooves Entertainment (1997)
- EMI (2005)
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Zane Lowe has dated –
- Kara Walters – Zane and Kara knew each other from Auckland, but they only started dating when they met again in London. Kara is an entertainment lawyer from New Zealand. They got married in 1999 and have two boys, Jackson Lowe (born 2006) and Lucius Lowe (born 2008), both born in London. Zane feels lucky to have such amazing family and gets overwhelmed when he talks about them.
Race / Ethnicity
- Mustache and light beard over his jaws and chin
Zane has done promotional TV commercial for Radio 1.
Best Known For
- Joining and hosting the evening show on BBC Radio 1 from 2003 to 2015, from Monday to Thursday. The 2-hour show was unique with Zane DJ-ing high octane and fast-paced music.
- Being a successful international DJ, and featuring in festivals including Coachella, Future Music Festival in Australia, Glastonbury, Creamfields, and Bestival.
In 1997, Zane released his first electronic album Roofers along with his bandmates of Break Co-op under music label Deepgrooves Entertainment. It was re-released in 2005 under EMI.
Zane hasn’t appeared in any theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
In 2002, he made his TV show debut as himself in the MTV music show Gonzo.
Zane wakes up by 6 AM and regularly works out in the gym. Apart from that, there is no further information about him working out with a personal trainer or following a diet.
Zane Lowe Favorite Things
- Holiday Destination For Couples – Maldives
- Holiday Destination With Family – Caribbean
- Place In British Isles – Cornwall
- Hotel – Carlisle Bay in Antigua
- Place To Swim – Oakura Bay in Northland, New Zealand
- Books – Biographies of people
- City – London
- Meal Abroad – Food in Los Angeles
- Restaurant In Auckland – Prego
Source – Independent
Zane Lowe Facts
- Zane has hosted the local music station Max TV.
- He was a part of the music band Breaks Co-op in Auckland with Andy Lovegrove and Hamish Clark.
- In 1997, he became a part of MTV 2 (now MTV Rocks), presenting shows like Up 4 It and Brand: New.
- From 2002 to 2015, he presented Gonzo, flagship music show on MTV. Because of its popularity, the show soon became a primetime show featuring regular musical guests and interviews.
- He has also toured the world with artists such as Skrillex, The Prodigy, and The Weeknd.
- He used to regularly perform at Ibiza and Mallorca Rocks.
- Zane won the NME (New Musical Express) Award for “Best Radio Show” for 4 consecutive times from 2005 to 2008.
- Zane’s dream trip destination is India.
- In June 2015, Zane was inducted as one of the hosts on Beats 1, for Apple Music, the 24-hour global radio station.
- Broadcasting to over 100 countries around the world, Beats 1 led by Zane, boasts the world’s best DJs and biggest artists, hosting exclusive interviews and playing incredible music. Incidentally, he is also the Creative Director at Beats 1.
- Zane was named the number 1 ‘Gatekeeper’ in Billboard Magazine’s 2016 Power List.
- In 2015, he was nominated for a Grammy Award for writing and producing the album In the Lonely Hour for Sam Smith.
- Follow him on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Featured Image by Hilary Perkins / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0