|Zozibini Tunzi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||September 18, 1993|
Zozibini Tunzi is a South African model and beauty pageant titleholder who skyrocketed to fame as she was crowned Miss Universe 2019. Prior to that, she was crowned as Miss South Africa 2019 and apart from that, she has also gained a huge social media fan base and enjoys more than 3.5 million followers on Instagram and more than 600k followers on Twitter.
Tsolo, O.R.Tambo District, Eastern Cape, South Africa
She divides her time between her residences in –
- Cape Town, South Africa
- New York City, New York, United States
Zozibini Tunzi studied at Cape Peninsula University of Technology and graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Public Relations and Image Management in 2018.
Model, Beauty Pageant Titleholder
- Father – Lungisa Tunzi (Works at the Department of Higher Education and Training in Pretoria)
- Mother – Philiswa Tunzi Nadopu (School Principal in Bolotwa, Eastern Cape)
- Siblings – Zozibini Tunzi has 3 sisters.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Zozibini Tunzi is of Xhosa descent.
- Toned physique
- Sharp facial features
- Pierced ears
Zozibini Tunzi has either endorsed or promoted a variety of brands through social media which include the likes of Tommy Hilfiger, Sparkle Cosmetics SA, Ramy Brook, Gelish SA – Nail Brand, H&M, illy Coffee South Africa, Bacher and Co., Huawei South Africa, and Luxottica.
Zozibini Tunzi Favorite Things
- Dish – Umngqusho
Source – Sowetan Live
Zozibini Tunzi Facts
- She grew up in a family whose members have strong academic backgrounds.
- She spent her childhood years in the village of Sidwadweni.
- As her answer to the final round’s question, “What is the most important thing we should teach young girls today?”, during Miss Universe 2019, Zozibini Tunzi replied, “I think the most important thing we should be teaching young girls today is leadership. It’s something that has been lacking in young girls and women for a very long time, not because we don’t want to but because of what society has labeled women to be. I think we are the most powerful beings in the world and that we should be given every opportunity and that is what we should be teaching these young girls, to take up space, nothing is as important as taking up space in society and cementing yourself, thank you.”
- She became the 3rd South African woman to be crowned as Miss Universe.
- Her winning the Miss Universe 2019 pageant became all the more impactful as 2019 became the 1st year in the history when all 4 major United States-based pageants, Miss Universe 2019, Miss America 2019, Miss Teen USA 2019, and Miss USA 2019, were won by black women, namely, Zozibini Tunzi, Nia Franklin, Kaliegh Garris, and Cheslie Kryst, respectively.
- She made her first TV show appearance as a special guest in an episode of the talk-show, The X Change Rate, in December 2019.
- She also appeared in an episode of the comedy news talk-show, The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, in December 2019.
- Zozibini Tunzi enjoys reading during her spare time.
- She has acrophobia i.e. the fear of heights.
Featured Image by Zozibini Tunzi / Instagram