Edward Regan Murphy
Ed, Eddie, Murph
Bushwick, Brooklyn, New York, US
Murphy attended Roosevelt Junior-Senior High School in Roosevelt, Long Island in 1979.
After he graduated from Roosevelt High School, he went on to study at the Nassau Community College in Garden City, New York. He hasn’t achieved any college degree.
Actor, Singer, Comedian, Writer, Director
- Father – Charles Edward Murphy (Transit Police Officer)
- Mother – Lillian Murphy Lynch (Telephone Operator)
- Siblings – Charlie Q Murphy (Older Brother) (Comedian, actor) (Died on April 12, 2017 due to leukemia)
- Others – Roy Murphy Sr. (Uncle), Roy Murphy Jr. (Cousin), Vernon Lynch Jr. (Stepbrother), Vernon Lynch Sr. (Stepfather)
Eddie is signed to William Morris Endeavor Entertainment.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
170 lbs or 77 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Eddie Murphy dated –
- Jasmine Guy – In the early days of Murphy’s career, there were potential RUMORs that linked him to the American actress Jasmine Guy. These RUMORs pointed to a possible encounter between the two actors.
- Beverly Johnson – When the RUMORs with Jasmine Guy settled, another RUMOR appeared which said that Eddie had an encounter with the American model Beverly Johnson.
- Tatiana Thumbtzen – There were RUMORs that Eddie went to bed with the American model Tatiana Thumbtzen. They both denied the story.
- Maya Gilbert – There were another set of RUMORs that said that Murphy dated the American actress Maya Gilbert for a short period of time.
- Whitney Houston (1980-1983) – Eddie started dating Whitney on March 5, 1980. After 2 years of being in a steady relationship, Eddie and this popular American singer finally got engaged on August 9, 1982, but they parted ways on April 28, 1983.
- Lisa Figueroa (1982-1984) – In 1982, Murphy started dating the unknown girl Lisa Figueroa. Their relationship lasted for 2 years.
- Charlotte Lewis (1986) – Back in 1986, there were another set of RUMORs that pointed towards an encounter between Eddie and the American actress Charlotte Lewis.
- Tracy Richman (1987-1989) – Eddie was in a relationship with Tracy Richman for 2 years.
- Paulette McNeely (1988) – Murphy had an encounter with a local girl Paulette McNeely. The night they had spent together resulted in Paulette getting pregnant and later giving birth to a baby boy. The child was born on July 10, 1989 and was named Eric.
- Nicole Mitchell Murphy (1989-2006) – Eddie dated the American model Nicole back in 1989. The couple dated for 4 years and finally got married on March 18, 1996. They got divorced in 2006 on May 22. Eddie and Nicole have 5 kids, 1 son Miles Mitchell Murphy (born November 7, 1992) and 4 daughters Bria Murphy (born November 18, 1989), Shayne Audra (born October 10, 1994), Zola Ivy (born December 24, 1999) and Bella Zahra (born January 29, 2002).
- Tamara Hood (1990-1991) – Eddie and Tamara were in a relationship for almost a year. They have a son named Christian.
- Halle Berry (1991) – It was RUMOURED that Eddie was dating American actress Halle Berry.
- Nicolle Rader (1993) – Eddie and Nicolle were dating in 1993. They have one daughter, her name is Ashlee.
- Autism Seiuli (1997) – In 1997, Eddie spent a night with the American model Autism Seiuli. These two met at a bar in Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood and finished in bed, the same night.
- Melanie Brown (2006) – Eddie and this popular Spice Girl (Mel B) dated for a small time. They had a baby together that Eddie did not accept at first, but the paternity report confirmed him as the father and he admitted the paternity. Melanie gave birth to a girl Angel Iris Murphy Brown on April 3, 2007, who is Eddie and Melanie’s child.
- Tracey E. Edmonds (2006–2008) – Murphy started dated Tracey E. Edmonds in October 2006. After being in a relationship for almost a year, the couple got engaged and got married after six months on January 1, 2008. The marriage ceremony was held on the Bora Bora Island. On January 16, 2008, it was announced that their marriage wasn’t actually legal and they decided to remain friends.
- Nischelle Turner (2007) – Eddie had a brief affair with the TV news reporter Nischelle Turner.
- Melody Thornton (2008) – It was RUMORed that Eddie had an encounter with the American singer Melody Thornton.
- Lara LaRue (2008) – Eddie had an affair with Lara LaRue, an American girl who worked as a waitress. These two met at a restaurant in Los Angeles and dated for some time, before finally parting ways.
- Amber Rose (2010) – Eddie became friends with Amber in September 2010 at the Stylist Miami Mansion and decided to date her for a while. After a brief period of this affair, Amber was reported saying that she and Eddie are going to have a baby. Eddie reacted furiously to this story and broke up with her in November 2010.
- Rocsi (2011-2012) – There were RUMORs about Eddie Murphy dating an American talk show host Rocsi.
- Toni Braxton (2012) – The US Weekly reported a RUMOR that well-known actor Eddie Murphy dated the popular singer Toni Braxton. The singer who is known for the single Unbreak My Heart had an encounter with Murphy, dated a couple of times and broke up in a short period of time.
- Paige Butcher (2012-Present) – In September 2012, Eddie started dating Australian model Paige Butcher. The 33-year model was first seen with Murphy at a restaurant in Los Angeles. They are still dating. In November 2015, the couple announces that they are going to have a baby together. This will be Paige’s first and Eddie’s ninth child.
Race / Ethnicity
- His mustache
- Big smile
- Goofy laugh
- Great sense of humor
Eddie’s body specifications are not known.
TV commercial for Toyota Celica (1990).
Best Known For
His roles in The Beverly Hills Cop series (1 and 2), where he played the role of Alex Foley was largely appreciated. He is also loved in the movie The Golden Child, where he played the role of Chandler Jarrell. His role in the late-night sketch comedy and variety show Saturday Night Live is considered outstanding.
Murphy first appeared in the movie 48 Hrs in which he played the character, Reggie Hammond.
First TV Show
Eddie first gained notice when he appeared on Saturday Night Live, a well-known sketch comedy and variety show.
Eddie Murphy’s workout routine and diet plan are not known.
Eddie Murphy Favorite Things
- Food – Pancakes
- Music Band – Ratt, Cinderella
- Color – Blue
- Wrestler – Hulk Hogan
- Movie – Doctor Dolittle
- Singer – Elvis Presley, Kylie Minogue
Eddie Murphy Facts
- At the age of eight, he and his brother lived in foster care for one year.
- Eddie is also a singer. He provided background vocals for the song The Boys Are Back in Town by The Bus Boys. He also has two singles to his credits titled Put Your Mouth On Me and Party All The Time. Both were huge hits.
- He has his own music album called Love’s Alright.
- Murphy has donated money to the AIDS foundation, cancer, parent support, homeless charities, education and creative arts.
- He has a house in Englewood, New Jersey.
- He appeared in the music videos Remember The Time by Michael Jackson (1992) and We Shall Be Free by Garth Brooks.
- He received the Golden Globe Award for his acting performance in the movie 48 hours, The Beverly Hills cop, The Nutty Professor, and Trading Places.
- He began creating his own stand-up comedies when he was just fifteen.
- In the United States, Eddie is the fourth highest grossing actor.
- His idol is the Afro-American actor and comedian Richard Pryor.
- Eddie hosted the MTV Movie Awards in 1993.
- You can follow Eddie on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.