Hrithik Rakesh Nagrath
Duggu (coined by his grandmother), Bolunath, HR, HRx
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Hrithik attended Bombay Scottish School at Mahim in Mumbai. Finally, he went to Sydenham College to earn a bachelor’s degree in Commerce.
- Father – Rakesh Roshan (Film Director)
- Mother – Pinky
- Siblings – Sunaina Roshan (Elder Sister)
- Others – Roshanlal Nagrath (Paternal Grandfather) (Music Director), J. Om Prakash (Maternal Grandfather) (Producer and director), Rajesh Roshan (Uncle) (Music Director)
He is signed to Exceed Entertainment.
5 ft 11¾ in or 182 cm
86 kg or 190 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hrithik Roshan dated –
- Kareena Kapoor Khan (2001) – Actors Hrithik and Kareena Kapoor were RUMORed to be dating in the past. Starting from 2001, he has appeared in several films with Kareena Kapoor Khan such as Yaadein (2001), Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham… (2001), Main Prem Ki Diwani Hoon (2003), Mujhse Dosti Karoge! (2002), and many others.
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan (2006) – In 2006, Aishwarya Rai and Hrithik Roshan appeared in action thriller film Dhoom 2 and were RUMORed to be dating together. They later again appeared together in Guzaarish (2010).
- Sussanne Khan Roshan (2000-2014) – On December 20, 2000, Hrithik married fashion designer Sussanne Khan (daughter of actor, director and producer Sanjay Khan). He knows him from the age of 12. They were among the same friend circle. Hrithik used to like her, but couldn’t confess his feelings due to shyness. She later became his girlfriend for four years (before marriage). The couple has 2 sons – Hrehaan (born in March 2006) and Hridhaan (born in May 2008). After a long 17 year relationship, the coupe split on December 13, 2013. Their divorce was finalised on November 1, 2014 by Bandra family court in Mumbai.
Race / Ethnicity
- Attractive personality
- Two thumbs on right hand
Hrithik Roshan’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 46 in or 117 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 17 in or 43 cm
- Waist – 32 in or 81 cm
9 (UK) or 10 (US) or 43 (EU) (via India Today)
Omega watches, Honda bikes, Indian clothing line “Cinnamon”, Coca Cola in India, Intel, iBall Slide, Acer laptops, Mountain Dew, Liberty Shoes, RADO Watches, Reliance watches, J Hampstead, Joy Alukkas Jewellers, Sony Ericsson Mobiles and the list goes on.
Best Known For
Acting in superhero film series Krrish as Krishna “Krrish” Mehra / Rohit Mehra, as Aryan / Mr. A in action thriller film Dhoom 2 (2006).
Hrithik debuted with 2000 romantic thriller film Kaho Naa… Pyaar Hai for his role as Rohit / Raj Chopra. He won Filmfare Award in two categories – “Best Actor”, and “Best Male Debut.”
First TV Show
In 2011, he was appointed as the judge of the Star Plus’s dance reality competition series Just Dance. The other judges were Vaibhavi Merchant and Farah Khan.
Hrithik was paid INR 17.5 million per episode for this show, which is the highest in the television industry.
He works out in the presence of personal trainer Kris Gethin. He made an amazing body before Krrish 3 (2013), which he later again flaunted in Bang Bang (2014).
Hrithik Roshan Favorite Things
- Holiday Destinations – London (United Kingdom), Phuket (Thailand)
- Footwear – Shoe with laces
- Restaurant – J W Marriott’s Spanish restaurant Arola
Source – IndiaToday, Rediff
Hrithik Roshan Facts
- Hrithik has two thumbs on his right hand.
- Zayed Khan is his former brother-in-law.
- He used to stammer as a child. Due to this, he often bunked classes during oral tests.
- In November 2013, he launched his own casual wear brand HRx. HRx is a joint venture between The Wild East Group and Exceed Entertainment.
- He is the fifth Indian actor to have his statue at London’s Madame Tussauds Wax Museum. It was installed on 20 January, 2011. Later, another statue was placed at Washington, D.C. in 2012.
- He debuted as a playback singer in 2010 with his own film “Kites.”
- In 2011, for judging the dance competition reality show, “Just Dance”, he was paid a whopping 17.5 million INR per episode. This makes him the highest paid Bollywood actor in television entertainment. Also, for Ashutosh Gowariker’s drama film Mohenjo Daro, he was again paid the highest sum of 500 million INR.
- He is excellent in dancing.
- Roshan has several pets at home. He has Puggy (pug dog), Paris (beagle dog), Pearl (cat), and Tiger (cat). Now, Puggy and Pearl have died.
- He (as well as ex-wife Sussanne) has a tattoo on his wrist about a six-point star with a red circle in the centre.
- He is good friends with actor, director, and producer Farhan Akhtar.
- Hrithik was offered a role in Swades, and Siddharth’s role in Rang De Basanti, but he did not accept it.
- He is a certified diver and had played underwater diving scenes, bull chasing, and skydiving scenes in the film Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara (2011).
- He used to call his late grandmother “Dida.”
- He loves reading books.
- His first watch was a Swatch, which was a gift from his then girlfriend Sussanne Khan.
- He used to previously smoke a lot of cigarettes. He quit smoking after reading Allen Carr’s Easyway to Stop Smoking.
- His first pay was Rs 100, which he got from his maternal grandfather for dancing in the 1980 film “Aasha.” He purchased 10 Hot Wheels cars with that money at that time.
- Connect with Hrithik on Twitter.