Solange Piaget Knowles
Houston, Texas, U.S.
New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.
Solange went to a school to learn dance and theater.
Singer, songwriter, model, actress
- Father – Mathew Knowles (Talent Manager and Businessman)
- Mother – Tina Knowles (Businesswoman and Fashion Designer)
- Siblings – Beyoncé (Older Sister) (Singer), Bianca Lawson (Older Step-Sister) (Actress)
- Others – Lumis Beyincé (Maternal Grandfather), Agnéz Deréon (Maternal Grandmother) (Seamstress), Richard Lawson (Stepfather) (Actor)
Music World Entertainment
R&B, funk, dance-pop, soul, indie pop
Vocals, keyboard, percussion
Saint Records, Terrible Records, Interscope Geffen A&M Records, Columbia Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
64 kg or 141 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
Solange Knowles dated –
- Daniel Smith (1999-2007) – In September 1999, she started dating American football player, Daniel Smith. On December 25, 2003, the couple got engaged and married in February 2004. The couple welcomed their child, son Daniel Julez Judo Smith, Jr. on October 18, 2004. The couple got divorced later which she confirmed in October 2007 during an interview. But, they had already split in May 2006.
- Lil’ Wayne (2006-2008) – For 2 years, from July 2006 to August 2008, Solange and rapper Lil’ Wayne were romantically linked to each other.
- J. R. Smith (2007) – Professional basketball player J. R. Smith and Solange dated for a short time from January 2007 to March 2007.
- Julius Peppers (2008) – American football player, Julius Peppers and Solange started dating in January 2008 until April 2008.
- Alan Ferguson (2008-Present) – In September 2008, Solange commenced dating music video director Alan Ferguson. In June 2014, the couple got engaged and got married on November 16, 2014 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Benji Madden (2009) – Around May-July 2009, guitarist, vocalist and producer, Benji Madden was RUMORed to be dating Solange.
Race / Ethnicity
She has African American ancestry on her father’s side while she is of Creole (with African, Native American, French, and 1/32nd Irish ancestry) descent on her mother’s side.
36-27-35 in or 91.5-68.5-89 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
She along with her sister Beyonce has modeled for her own fashion label House of Deréon.
She has also been seen in Got Milk? ad campaign, L’Oreal commercial, and was chosen as the ambassador for the Armani Jeans young diffusion line in 2008.
In 2011, Solange became the face of Rimmel London. Later, she became the ambassador of BigCommerce.
Best Known For
Her songs and other music related contributions, and being the younger sister of Beyoncé.
Her debut album Solo Star was released on January 21, 2003 via Music World / Columbia Records. The album consisted of more than a dozen songs.
It reached #49 at US Billboard 200. She was able to sell 120,000 copies of the album in U.S.
She first appeared in 2004 comedy film Johnson Family Vacation for her role as Nikki Johnson.
First TV Show
In 2001, Solange was seen in just 1 episode of Lifetime’s biographical series Intimate Portrait as herself.
Her workout routine and diet plan is not known.
Solange Knowles Favorite Things
- Restaurants in Brooklyn – Buttermilk Channel, Frankies
- Shopping Places – Opening Ceremony, Barneys
- Online Shop – Net-a-Porter (netaporter.com)
- Designers – Tibi, Suno, Diane von Furstenberg
Source – Time Out
Solange Knowles Facts
- Solange first sang a song at 5 in an amusement park.
- At 9, she started songwriting.
- At 15, Solange replaced a dancer on her sister Beyonce’s group Destiny’s Child on tour.
- Solange has also sung in place of Destiny’s Child member Kelly Rowland when Kelly was unable to walk properly as she broke her toes backstage.
- She signed with Music World Entertainment at 16, which is her father’s recording company.
- Björk, Erykah Badu and Diana Ross are her fashion icons.
- Visit her official website @ www.solangemusic.com.
- Hear more from Solange on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Google+.