|Abdullah II of Jordan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||January 30, 1962|
Abdullah II of Jordan is the King of Jordan. A member of the Hashemite dynasty, he ascended the throne on February 7, 1999. He has served as a custodian of the Muslim and Christian sacred sites in Jerusalem (a position held by his dynasty since 1924) and is known for promoting interfaith dialogue as well as has gained popularity for maintaining Jordanian stability.
Abdullah bin Hussein bin Talal bin Abdullah
Abdullah II of Jordan
Palestine Hospital in Amman, Jordan
Abdullah II started studying at the Islamic Educational College in Amman in 1966 and then attended St Edmund’s School in England. He then went on to study at Eaglebrook School and Deerfield Academy in the United States.
King of Jordan
- Father – King Hussein (November 14, 1935 – February 7, 1999) (King of Jordan from August 11, 1952, until his death in 1999)
- Mother – Princess Muna Al Hussein (b. Toni Avril Gardiner)
- Siblings – Prince Faisal bin Hussein (Younger Brother) (Has served as regent during King Hussein’s absences abroad, President of the Jordan Olympic Committee, Chairman and Founder of Generations For Peace (a non-profit peace-building organization)), Princess Aisha bint Al Hussein (Younger Sister) (Has served as a major general in the Jordanian military), Princess Zein bint Al Hussein (Younger Sister) (Co-owner of Royal Ja’afar Stud), Princess Alia bint Al Hussein (Older Paternal Half-Sister), Princess Haya bint Hussein (Younger Paternal Half-Sister), Prince Ali bin Hussein (Younger Paternal Half-Brother), Abir Muhaisen (Adoptive Younger Paternal Half-Brother), Hamzah bin Hussein (Younger Paternal Half-Brother), Prince Hashim bin Hussein (Younger Paternal Half-Brother), Princess Iman bint Hussein (Younger Paternal Half-Sister), Princess Raiyah bint Al Hussein (Younger Paternal Half-Sister)
- Others – Talal of Jordan (Paternal Grandfather) (King of Jordan), Zein al-Sharaf bint Jamil (Paternal Grandmother) (Queen of Jordan), Lieutenant Colonel Walter Percy “Tony” Gardiner (Maternal Grandfather), Doris Elizabeth (née Sutton) (Maternal Grandmother), Aoun Juma (Nephew), Muna Juma (Niece), Princess Ayah bint Faisal (Niece), Prince Omar bin Faisal (Nephew), Princess Sara bint Faisal (Niece), Princess Aisha bint Faisal (Niece), Prince Abdullah bin Faisal (Nephew), Prince Muhammad bin Faisal (Nephew), Ja’afar Al-Saleh (Nephew), Jumana Al-Saleh (Niece), Tahani Al-Shahwa (Adoptive Niece)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $750 Million.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Abdullah II has dated –
- Rania Al-Yassin (1992-Present) – In August 1992, he met Rania Al-Yassin at a dinner party and they got married on June 10, 1993. They have 4 children – Hussein, Crown Prince of Jordan (b. June 28, 1994), Princess Iman (b. September 27, 1996), Princess Salma (b. September 26, 2000), and Prince Hashem (b. January 30, 2005).
Race / Ethnicity
Abdullah II is of Jordanian Arab and some Turkish Cypriot descent on his father’s side and has English ancestry on his mother’s side.
Salt and Pepper
Abdullah II of Jordan Facts
- He is named after his paternal great-grandfather, Abdullah I.
- He made a brief appearance in the Star Trek: Voyager episode titled Investigations in 1996.
- In 2010, Abdullah II published an autobiography titled Our Last Best Chance: The Pursuit of Peace in a Time of Peril.
- He is a member of the Hashemite dynasty which is the oldest-ruling dynasty in the Muslim world and the 2nd-oldest-ruling dynasty in the world, after the Imperial House of Japan.
- Abdullah II became the longest-serving Arab leader of his time and was regarded by the Royal Islamic Strategic Studies Centre as the most influential Muslim in the world in 2016.
Featured Image by World Economic Forum / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0