|Hussein, Crown Prince of Jordan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 28, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Hussein, Crown Prince of Jordan is the Crown Prince of Jordan as the son of King Abdullah II and Queen Rania of Jordan. In 2015, he became the youngest person to chair a UN Security Council session at the age of 20. His father as the king, Hussein has served as a regent on several occasions as well as has accompanied his father on a number of local and international visits.
Hussein bin Abdullah bin Hussein bin Talal bin Abdullah bin Hussein bin Ali bin Muhammad bin Abd al-Mu’in bin Awn Al Hashimi
Hussein, Crown Prince of Jordan
King Hussein Medical Center in Amman, Jordan
Hussein received his primary education at the International School of Choueifat and the International Amman Academy. He then attended King’s Academy and completed high school in 2012.
In 2016, he graduated with a bachelor’s degree in International History from Georgetown University located in the Georgetown neighborhood of Washington, D.C., United States. He then graduated from the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst in 2017.
Member of the Royal Family of Jordan, Captain in the Jordanian Armed Forces
- Father – Abdullah II of Jordan (King of Jordan who ascended the throne on February 7, 1999)
- Mother – Queen Rania of Jordan (Queen of Jordan as the wife of King Abdullah II) (Marketing employee at Apple Inc.)
- Siblings – Princess Iman bint Abdullah (Younger Sister) (Jordanian Princess, Member of the Royal Family of Jordan), Princess Salma bint Abdullah (Younger Sister) (Jordanian Princess, Member of the Royal Family of Jordan), Prince Hashem bin Abdullah (Younger Brother) (Jordanian Prince, Member of the Royal Family of Jordan)
- Others – King Hussein (November 14, 1935 – February 7, 1999) (Paternal Grandfather) (King of Jordan from August 11, 1952, until his death in 1999), Princess Muna Al Hussein (b. Toni Avril Gardiner) (Paternal Grandmother), Faisal Sidqi Al-Yassin (1934-2022) (Maternal Grandfather), Ilham Yassin (Maternal Grandmother), Prince Faisal bin Hussein (Paternal Uncle), Princess Aisha bint Al Hussein (Paternal Aunt), Princess Zein bint Al Hussein (Paternal Aunt), Princess Ayah (Cousin), Prince Omar (Cousin), Princess Sara (Cousin), Princess Aisha (Cousin), Prince Abdullah (Cousin), Prince Muhammad (Cousin), Aoun Juma (Cousin), Muna Juma (Cousin), Ja’afar Al-Saleh (Cousin), Jumana Al-Saleh (Cousin), Tahani Al-Shahwa (Adoptive Cousin), Jameel Alexander “Jimmy” Thermiótis (Brother-In-Law, Princess Iman’s Husband) (Co-founder of Outbound Ventures (a technology investment firm in New York City)), Haya bint Hussein (Paternal Half-Aunt) (Member of the Royal Family of Jordan)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Hussein has dated –
- Rajwa Al Saif – He met Saudi Arabian-born architect Rajwa Al Saif through a mutual friend and the Royal Hashemite Court announced their engagement on August 17, 2022. The engagement ceremony took place at the home of Al Saif’s father in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. On June 1, 2023, the couple got married at Zahran Palace in Amman, Jordan. Upon her marriage, she was bestowed the style and title of “Her Royal Highness Princess Rajwa Al Hussein”.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Jordanian Arab (with some Turkish Cypriot), English, and Palestinian Arab descent.
Sports a beard
Hussein, Crown Prince of Jordan Facts
- He is named after his grandfather King Hussein.
- He is a member of the Hashemite dynasty which is the oldest-ruling dynasty in the Muslim world and the 2nd-oldest-ruling dynasty in the world, after the Imperial House of Japan.
- Hussein has served as a captain in the Jordanian Armed Forces.
- It was reported on September 27, 2021, that Hussein had contracted COVID-19.
- Some of Hussein’s hobbies include reading, playing football, cooking, motorcycling, playing the guitar, and playing chess.
Featured Image by United States Department of State Flickr / Public Domain