|Queen Rania of Jordan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7¼ in|
|Date of Birth||August 31, 1970|
|Spouse||Abdullah II of Jordan|
Queen Rania of Jordan is the queen consort of Jordan who is also known for her empowering efforts in areas like education, health, community empowerment, and much more. Apart from that, she has also gained a massive fan base on social media with more than 18 million followers on Facebook, more than 12 million followers on Twitter, more than 7 million followers on Instagram, and more than 100k subscribers on YouTube.
Queen Rania of Jordan, Queen of Hearts, The Twitter Queen
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Queen Rania of Jordan studied at the American University in Cairo and received a degree in Business Administration.
Member of the Jordanian Royal Family, Activist, Author
- Father – Faisal Sedki Al-Yassin
- Mother – Ilham Yassin
- Siblings – Dina (Older Sister)
- Others – Hussein of Jordan (Father-In-Law), Muna Al-Hussein (Mother-In-Law), Prince Faisal (Brother-In-Law), Princess Aisha (Sister-In-Law), Princess Zein (Sister-In-Law)
5 ft 7¼ in or 171 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Queen Rania of Jordan has dated –
- Abdullah II of Jordan (1992-Present) – She met Abdullah II of Jordan at a dinner party in August 1992. At that time, he was a prince and the duo eventually got married on June 10, 1993. They parent 4 children, namely, Hussein, Crown Prince of Jordan (b. June 28, 1994), Princess Iman (b. September 27, 1996), Princess Salma (b. September 26, 2000), and Prince Hashem (b. January 30, 2005).
Race / Ethnicity
Queen Rania of Jordan is of Palestinian Arab descent.
- Charming smile
- Elegant demeanor
Queen Rania of Jordan Facts
- Previously, she worked for Citibank as well as Apple Inc.
- She founded the Jordan River Foundation, a Nonprofit organization determined to empower society, in 1995.
- Queen Rania of Jordan was proclaimed as the Queen of Jordan on March 22, 1999.
- She gave birth to her 4th child, Prince Hashem, on the 43rd birthday of Abdullah bin Al-Hussein.
- Queen Rania of Jordan has been placed at the 3rd rank by Hapers & Queens magazine in its “100 Most Beautiful Women in the World” list.
- She is well-versed in English, Arabic, and French.
- She has also authored a couple of books like The King’s Gift, Eternal Beauty, and Maha of the Mountains.
- In 2007, Forbes magazine ranked Queen Rania of Jordan at number #82 in its “100 most powerful women in the world” list.
- She is very popular on several social media platforms.
- She has used her influential voice to advocate for women’s rights.
- Queen Rania has been diagnosed with diabetes.
- She has also appeared in the American syndicated talk show, The Oprah Winfrey Show.
- She has been bestowed with several titles including Dame Grand Cross of the Order of Saint Olav.
Featured Image by Jordanian Royal Hashemite Court / Jordanian Royal Hashemite Court / CC BY-SA 4.0