|Lee Min-ho Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1½ in|
|Date of Birth||June 22, 1987|
Lee Min-ho is a South Korean actor, singer, model, creative director, and businessperson. He has gained popularity for having been cast in various shows and movies such as Boys Over Flowers, Legend of the Blue Sea, Mackerel Run, Pachinko, Our School’s E.T., I Am Sam, The Heirs, Public Enemy Returns, The King: Eternal Monarch, Faith, 7 First Kisses, Personal Taste, Gangnam Blues, Recipe of Love, Get Up, Nonstop 5, Line Romance, Bounty Hunters, and DMZ, The Wild. Over the years, he has won various accolades including the Baeksang Arts Award, MBC Drama Award, KBS Drama Award, Blue Dragon Film Award, Korea Drama Award, SBS Drama Award, and Seoul International Drama Award. Moreover, Lee Min-ho also became the first Korean celebrity to have a wax figure made in his image at Madame Tussauds as well as the first Korean celebrity to perform on China’s CCTV Lunar New Year Gala. He has also been the most followed South Korean actor on social media and has established himself as a top Hallyu star. His immense social media presence has gained him the title of the “King of social media”.
Lee, Da Meng (Big Cutie), Lee San Sui (Three-Year-Old Lee)
Heukseok-dong, Dongjak-gu, Seoul, South Korea
As a youth, he took soccer classes from the former professional player and South Korean manager Cha Bum-Kun. However, after an injury in 5th grade, he decided to quit the game.
He was also enrolled at the Konkuk University, where he studied film and art.
Actor, Singer, Model, Creative Director, Businessperson
- Siblings – Lee Yong-jung (Older Sister) (CEO of MYM Entertainment)
Lee Min-ho has been represented by his sister’s MYM Entertainment.
He has also been signed up with –
- Huayi Brothers – China
- IMX Inc.
K-pop, pop, rock
LOEN Entertainment, Universal Music Japan, and IMX Inc.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth had been $10 Million.
6 ft 1½ in or 186 cm
79 kg or 174 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Lee Min-ho has dated –
- Park Min-young (2011) – Lee started dating actress Park Min-young in the early months of 2011. Reportedly, they had grown close while shooting for the action movie, City Hunter. Their relationship was made public after they were pictured out on a date. But they didn’t remain together for long and opted to go separate ways after dating for a couple of months. While reading out a statement about their breakup, their reps blamed their tight work schedules, which made it difficult for them to spend time together.
- Kim Hee-sun (2013) – Lee Min-ho was reported to have hooked up with actress Kim Hee-sun while working with her in the TV drama, Faith. Their alleged affair was quite controversial as Kim was already married. They went out for a bunch of months before ending things due to mounting controversy.
- Park Shin-hye (2013) – In 2013, actors Park Shin-hye and Lee Min-ho dated together. They got close while working on the movie The Heirs.
- Bae Suzy (2015-2017) – According to reports, Lee had a big crush on singer Bae Suzy for a long time. He had tried to set up a date with her through various mutual acquaintances before he finally started going out with her. Towards the end of 2016, Lee was keen to marry her. However, Bae wasn’t prepared to get married yet. In March 2017, the reports alleged that they had broken up. The reason for the breakup was Suzy’s infidelity, who was hooking up with actor Lee Jong-suk. In the same month, they were reportedly planning to move to Hollywood for future projects.
- Yeonwoo (2021) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
Slight body frame
Lee has starred in a TV commercial for the electronics giant, LG.
He has also headlined endorsement campaigns for the following brands –
- Bang Bang
- Binggrae Banana Milk
- Kia Motors
- Etude House
- Romanson Watches
- Twosome Place
- Lotte Duty-Free
- Ferrero Rocher Chocolates
- Jeju Air
- Samsonite Red with Kim Jisoo (Black Pink singer)
- Luwak White Koffie
- Korean Tourism
- Kumho Tires
Best Known For
- Being cast as Gu Jun-pyo in the South Korean romantic drama series, Boys Over Flowers
- Playing the leading role in the action-thriller TV drama, City Hunter, which was based on Japanese manga series of the same name
In 2013, he released his debut studio album, My Everything in Japanese and Korean.
In 2008, Lee made his film debut in the role of Jung Ha-yeon in the action movie, Public Enemy Returns.
First TV Show
In 2003, he made his first TV show appearance in a minor role in Sharp.
To prepare for his role in the drama series City Hunter, he followed a special workout plan that aimed to add muscle mass to his toned body. He focused on lifting heavyweight and went for split body workouts.
His usual gym routine focuses on high-intensity workouts to keep him fit and to give him his shredded appearance. Apart from the gym workout, he relies on skiing and wrestling to remain fit and active.
When it comes to diet, he doesn’t believe in abstaining from any food and believes in eating everything in moderation.
Lee Min-ho Favorite Things
- Soccer Player – Cristiano Ronaldo
- Skincare Brand – Au natural Innisfree products
- Moisturizer – Innisfree’s Green Tea Seed Serum
- Innisfree Products – Green Tea Seed Serum, and Volcanic Pore Clay Mask
- Actresses – Gu Hye-sun, Son Ye-jin, Park Min-young, Kim Hee-sun, Park Shin-hye
Lee Min-ho Facts
- He took on a number of modeling projects while he was studying in high school. He gave his first earning from modeling to his mother.
- In 2006, he was involved in a serious accident while traveling with actor Jung Il-woo. He couldn’t move for the initial months and had to stay in the hospital for nearly a month.
- In 2014, he launched the PROMIZ website, which served as a platform to raise awareness about a host of humanitarian and social causes and to encourage donation.
- Through his charitable website, he managed to raise US$50,000, which was donated to the non-profit organization Charity: Water, which in turn used that fund to construct wells in Malawi.
- In 2015, he gave away one hundred million South Korean Won to the UNICEF to assist in the rehabilitation of victims of the earthquake in Nepal.
- To mark the 10th anniversary of his TV acting career, his Chinese fans planted about 510 trees in Mongolia. His Taiwanese and Hong Kong fans donated money to UNICEF and World Vision.
- His Mexican fans used proceeds, which they raised from selling bottle caps to recycling plants, for cancer-stricken children.
- In 2009, he was made the honorary ambassador for UNICEF for the Love Net campaign launched to tackle malaria.
- In May 2017, he started his mandatory military service. As his first enlistment, he was made public service officer at Gangnam District Office. He was allowed to avoid active soldier duty due to his earlier leg injuries suffered in a 2006 accident.
- In January 2014, he achieved the unique distinction of being the first Korean to give a performance at the CCTV Lunar New Year gala in China.
- In 2014 and 2015, one Chinese entertainment magazine crowned him the Asian Male God after he topped an online poll.
- He co-starred as Lee San in the 2016 action comedy-drama film Bounty Hunters and this role won him the 2016 Weibo Movie Awards for “Most Anticipated Action Comedy Actor” and “Asian Movie Pioneer”.