|Simone Singh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||November 10, 1974|
Simone Singh is an Indian actress and model. She is best known for playing Heena in the TV series Heena (1998-2003), which became the highest-rated show on Indian television during the time it aired.
Jamshedpur, Bihar (Jharkhand), India
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Simone attended D.B.M.S. English School in Jamshedpur, Bihar (Jharkhand), India. She then attended the Convent of Jesus and Mary in Delhi, India. She has a degree in arts.
- Father – Daljit Singh (Former First-Class Cricketer, Pitch Curator, BCCI Chief Curator)
- Mother – Krishna Singh
- Siblings – Dipannita Singh (Younger Sister)
Simone Singh is represented by Confluence Films (Company) in Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
5 ft 1 in or 155 cm
48 kg or 106 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Simone Singh has dated –
- Fahad Samar (1995-Present) – She started dating a producer and director, Fahad Samar, in 1995, and got married to him in 2000.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Sikh (Punjabi) ancestry on her paternal side and Bengali ancestry on her maternal side.
She has also dyed her hair ‘Black’ in the past.
- Petite stature
- Dimpled smile
Simone Singh has endorsed brands such as –
- Everest Masala
- Meena Bazaar
- Punjab Jewellers
Simone Singh Favorite Things
- Actors – Dustin Hoffman, Robert De Niro
- Places – New York City, Goa
- Selfie Place – Atop Victoria Peak in Hong Kong
- Alcoholic Drink – Crisp Gin Martini
- Actor (In 2005) – Russell Crowe
- Actress (In 2005) – Cate Blanchett
- Quote – “Life is what happens to you when you are busy making other plans.” – John Lennon
- Personal Quote – “Be strong the life doesn’t accept the weak.”
Source – Indian Television, Hindustan Times, IndiaForums, Instagram Bio
Simone Singh Facts
- Her name means “God had heard” in Hebrew.
- As a kid, she traveled a lot and went canoeing and trekking.
- When she 1st came to Mumbai she stayed with a childhood friend while she auditioned.
- If she weren’t an actress, Simone would have been a potter. She was on her way to Pondicherry to study with a master potter but was cast in A Mouthful of Sky in Mumbai.
- She never did theatre before becoming a television actress, except for a few amateur productions in school.
- Simone didn’t accept a role for a year and a half after Heena (1998-2003) because she wanted to make sure the next one was the right one.
- Simone has no problems playing negative and evil characters because she enjoys a challenge.
- She is a great cook and has reserved Sundays for preparing a lazy brunch at home for her husband and herself and staying in. This is also an ideal day for her – going to a spa during the day and watching movies at night.
- Food and drinks that are her go-to for detoxing are chicken, celery soup, and dandelion tea.
- Simone doesn’t have a sweet tooth. However, she can’t resister her magnum opus dessert – a decadent chocolate-hazelnut tart.
- Simone loves reading and considers it a form of temporary escapism.
- She uses Garnier beauty products to maintain her silky smooth hair.
- She is passionate about fashion design and has styled herself and others for Kosmic Chat before they hired a professional stylist.
- Her real-life husband, Fahad Samar, played her husband in the web series Four More Shots Please!
- A song that always lifts her mood is I Only Want To Be With You (1964) by Dusty Springfield.
- Her biggest pet peeve is “making a virtue of ignorance”.
- Simone always has a large handbag with her that carries “everything but the kitchen sink!”
- A thing she’s competitive about is reciprocating kindness.
- Simone once sang a song A Whiter Shade of Pale (1967) by Procol Harum out loud while shooting her movie, Laal Kaptaan (2019).
- She was trained in Kathak dancing and can play the guitar.
Featured Image by Bollywood Hungama / www.bollywoodhungama.com / CC BY-3.0