|Alexander Albon Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||March 23, 1996|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Alexander Albon is a Thai-British professional racing driver who began racing at a competitive level from his early teens and made waves after finishing 3rd in the 2014 season of the Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 championship. Two years later, he turned heads again after securing the 2nd position in the GP3 Series (the 3rd tier of Formula One feeder championship). In 2018, he stood 3rd in the FIA Formula 2 Championship and was handed a contract to race in the premier Formula One tier by Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda which made him only the 2nd Thai racer to compete at the Formula One level. Halfway through the season, he was promoted to the senior Aston Martin Red Bull Racing team and after finishing his rookie season in Formula One in a creditable 8th position, his contract with the team was extended for the following season.
Alexander Albon Ansusinha
London, England, United Kingdom
Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England, United Kingdom
Alexander had attended Ipswich School in Suffolk, England but decided to push his formal education to the back burner to pursue a professional racing career, which had begun in his early teens.
Professional Formula One Racing Driver
- Father – Nigel Albon (Former Racing Driver)
- Mother – Kankamol Albon
- Siblings – Luca Albon (Younger Brother), Chloe Albon (Younger Sister). He has 2 other sisters.
- Others – He also has a step-father.
He is represented by Dan Chapman, Publicist/Press Relations Executive & Commercial Manager, Full Contact, Sports Law and Business Agency, Norwich, Norfolk County, England, United Kingdom.
Formula One Teams
Alexander has raced for –
- Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda (2019)
- Aston Martin Red Bull Racing
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alexander has dated –
- Lily Muni (2019-Present) – Rumor
Race / Ethnicity
Multiracial (White and Asian)
He has British ancestry on his father’s side and has Thai ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Short-cropped hair
- Toned physique
- Affable smile
- Clean-shaven look
- Has a cut mark on his left eyebrow
Alexander has served as the ambassador for brands such as –
- Edifice Watches (Casio Thailand)
- Moose Craft Cider
- PTT Lubricants
He has been sponsored by brands such as –
- Red Bull
- MDM Designs
Alexander Albon Favorite Things
- Role Model – Michael Schumacher
- Formula One Team – Ferrari
- Color – Red
- Formula One Racers – Michael Schumacher, Rubens Barrichello, Juan Pablo Montoya
Alexander Albon Facts
- Alexander’s love for racing was inspired by his father who was a professional racer himself. Alexander began by racing karts from the age of 8 and proved to be very proficient, winning titles at the 2006 Super 1 Honda National Championship (Cadet Class), the 2009 Super 1 Honda National Championship (KF3 Class), and the 2010 European Championship (KF3 Class).
- In 2011, he graduated to the KF1 class and stood 2nd in both the WSK Euro Series and the CIK-FIA World Championship.
- In 2012, he moved from karting to cars and joined the Formula Renault 2.0 Eurocup series where he had 2 unremarkable seasons, before finishing at 3rd place in 2014 despite not winning any of the 14 races in that season.
- While a part of the 2018 season of the FIA Formula 2 Championship where he stood 3rd, Alexander had been signed by Nissan e.dams to race in the 2018-2019 season of the Formula E championship. However, he was released once it came to light that he was being considered for a Formula One contract for the 2019 season.
- Although he holds both the British and Thai passports, he decided to adopt his mother’s Thai nationality for his racing license and use the Thai flag when racing in professional competitions.
Featured Image by Nckfy / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0