|Amanda Mealing Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 22, 1967|
Amanda Mealing is an English actor, voice actor, director, and producer who has been cast in various on-screen projects such as Holby City, Casualty, Grange Hill, Death in Paradise, Relative Strangers, Capital City, Anglo-Saxon Attitudes, The Gravy Train, The House of Eliott, Grushko, Requiem Apache, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Blood on the Dole, Jake’s Progress, The Detectives, The Girl with Brains in Her Feet, The Grand, Retribution, Midsomer Murders, The Lakes, Strike Back: Project Dawn, Lie With Me, Zemanovaload, and Still.
Amanda Jane Mealing
London, England, United Kingdom
Amanda Mealing received training at Italia Conti Academy, a performing arts conservatoire based in Woking, England.
Actor, Voice Actor, Director, Producer
- Siblings – Stephen (14-year Older Adoptive Brother) (Died after using heroin). Amanda also has 2 older adoptive sisters.
Amanda Mealing has been signed with Curtis Brown Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Amanda Mealing has dated –
- Martin Ditcham – She was romantically involved with drummer, percussionist, and songwriter Martin Ditcham in the past.
- Richard Sainsbury (1998-Present) – In 1998, Amanda Mealing married screenwriter Richard Sainsbury and they have 2 sons named Milo James (b. 1999) and Otis Joe (b. 2002).
Race / Ethnicity
She has been cast in the TV commercial campaign for Boots chemists.
Amanda Mealing Facts
- She was adopted by her family and was raised in Dulwich, South London.
- Her adoption was kept secret and despite growing up in a loving family, Amanda Mealing was always aware that she did not look like any of her siblings and that left her feeling that she did not quite fit in.
- Amanda shared a close bond with her adoptive brother and after his death, she realized that “life can be short … there’s no point sitting around” and was influenced to “do stuff”. She was 15 years old at the time.
- She made her first theatrical film appearance as Naughty Nicki – Wedding Two in the 1994 romantic comedy film Four Weddings and a Funeral, starring Hugh Grant, Andie MacDowell, Kristin Scott Thomas, Simon Callow, James Fleet, John Hannah, Charlotte Coleman, David Bower, Corin Redgrave, and Rowan Atkinson.
- Amanda Mealing brought to life the character of Jo Jo Spiers in the television drama series The Lakes in 1999.
- In August 2002, she was diagnosed with breast cancer the day after she gave birth to her son Otis.
- Between 2004 and 2019, she was cast in the recurring role of a cardiothoracic consultant named Connie Beauchamp in the medical drama television series Holby City.
- Alongside Aidan Gillen, Jonathan Slinger, Élodie Yung, and Sonny Green, Amanda Mealing co-starred as Rachel in the 2014 drama film Still.
- She reprised her role as Connie Beauchamp in the medical drama series Casualty in 2014.
- As a director, she has worked on projects like Coronation Street, Casualty, The Dumping Ground, Money for Nothing, and Another Man’s Shoes.
- Her goddaughter is television and radio personality Miquita Oliver.
- Amanda Mealing has done voiceover work for video games like Project I.G.I.: I’m Going In and Battle Engine Aquila.
Featured Image by Amanda Mealing / Instagram