|Benjamin Millepied Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||June 10, 1977|
Benjamin Millepied is a French dancer, choreographer, and director who has performed in popular ballets like Brandenburg, Octet, Les Noces, Twilight Courante, Musagète, La Stravaganza, Guide to Strange Places, etc. Additionally, he was in the limelight due to his marriage to the Hollywood A-lister, Natalie Portman.
Bordeaux, Nouvelle-Aquitaine, France
Dancer, Choreographer, Director
- Father – Denys Millepied
- Mother – Catherine Flory (Former Ballet Dancer)
- Siblings – He has 2 older brothers.
Benjamin’s net worth was $10 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Benjamin has dated –
- Isabella Boylston (2008-2009) – From 2008 until 2009, he was in a live-in relationship with Isabella Boylston, who worked as a principal dancer at the American Ballet Theatre.
- Natalie Portman (2009-2023) – He met and fell in love with actress Natalie Portman on the set of the film, Black Swan (2010). Portman earned the ‘Best Actress’ Oscar for her performance as Nina Sayers in the psychological drama. After dating for a few years, the two got married on August 4, 2012, in a Jewish ceremony in Big Sur, California. Together, they welcomed 2 children: a son named Aleph (b. June 2011) and a daughter named Amalia (b. February 2017). However, the couple shocked their fans by announcing their separation in August 2023, due to cheating on Benjamin’s part with Camille Étienne.
- Camille Étienne (2023) – He reportedly had an affair with the 25-year-old climate activist, Camille Étienne in 2023.
Race / Ethnicity
He has French ancestry.
Benjamin Millepied Facts
- He began taking ballet lessons at the age of 8 years from his mother, Catherine Flory, who was a former ballet dancer.
- Benjamin was mentored by the ace choreographer, Jerome Robbins early in his career.
- His dancing was motion-captured for the animated children’s films Barbie in the Nutcracker (2001) and Barbie of Swan Lake (2003).
- As a choreographer, Benjamin has created dances for the American Ballet Theatre, the School of American Ballet, the City Ballet, the Ballet de Genève, the Metropolitan Opera, the Paris Opera Ballet, and many others. Additionally, he held the position of choreographer-in-residence at New York’s Baryshnikov Arts Center between 2006 and 2007.
- He appeared in a cameo role alongside his future wife, Natalie Portman in Darren Aronofsky‘s psychological thriller, Black Swan (2010), a film he also helped choreograph.
- At the invitation of Nigel Lythgoe, Benjamin appeared as a guest judge on So You Think You Can Dance on August 22, 2012.
- The French Ministry of Culture awarded him the ‘Chevalier in the Order of Arts and Letters’ in 2010.
- Benjamin turned director with the musical drama Carmen (2022) starring Paul Mescal and Melissa Barrera in lead roles. The film, which is an adaptation of the 19th-century play of the same name by Georges Bizet, received mixed reviews upon its release.
- Among his other film credits is choreographing the ‘sandwalk’ in Denis Villeneuve‘s magnum opus, Dune (2021).
Featured Image by U.S. Embassy Photographer / Wikimedia / Public Domain