|Ana de la Reguera Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||April 8, 1977|
Ana de la Reguera is a Mexican actress who has acted in several Mexican telenovelas like Azul (1996), Pueblo Chico, Infierno Grande (1997), Por Tí (2002), and Gitanas (2004); and in American TV series such as Eastbound & Down (2010), Narcos (2015), Jane the Virgin (2016), Power (2017-2019), and Goliath (2018-2019). She is also widely recognized for her supporting roles in films like Nacho Libre (2006), Backyard (2009), and Cowboys & Aliens (2011). She has acted in theatrical plays such as El Cartero, Othello, and Nadando Con Tiburones; and she won 2 awards from the Mexican Association of Theatre Journalists for her work in the first of those plays. Apart from her acting work, she has also been actively involved in charity and philanthropy and had founded, in September 2010, the civil association VeraCruzANA that generates employment opportunities for people from the underprivileged community in her home province of Veracruz in Mexico.
Anabell Gardoqui de la Reguera
Heroica Veracruz, Veracruz, Mexico
She splits her time between Mexico and Los Angeles, California, United States.
Ana had studied performance arts at the Instituto Veracruzano de la Cultura. She also studied at the Monroe Woodbury High School in New York as an exchange student for almost a year at the age of 15.
- Father – Augusto Gardoqui
- Mother – Nena de la Reguera (Former Beauty Pageant Contestant, Former Miss Veracruz, Journalist, TV Personality)
- Siblings – Alicia de la Reguera (Sister)
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ana has dated –
- Erick Elias (2004-2005)
- Jorge Ramos (2005-2010)
- Tomás Ruiz González (2011-2013)
- Diego Boneta (2013-2017) – Ana began dating Mexican actor and singer Diego Boneta in October 2013. Diego is 14 years younger than her. The couple parted ways in 2017.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Mexican descent.
- Petite Frame
- Center-parted, shoulder-length, straight hair
- Charming smile
- Radiant face
Ana has served as the ambassador for brands such as –
- CoverGirl cosmetics
- Special K
- Johnnie Walker
Ana de la Reguera Favorite Things
- Singer – Ali Gua Gua
- Hobbies/Interests – Walking, Hiking
- Sport – Tennis
- Dance Form – Salsa
Ana de la Reguera Facts
- For her portrayal of the character of Priscila in Pueblo Chico, Infierno Grande (1997), just her 2nd telenovela, she was honored with a Heraldo Award in the category of ‘Best Actress’.
- She had hosted the MTV Video Music Awards Latin America in 2006 and had also co-hosted the 2018 Latin Grammy Awards with Mexican singer Carlos Rivera.
- In 2010, at the 40th Diosas de Plata Awards, she was honored with the Dolores del Rio Award.
- In 2017, she was appointed the President of ONE Children’s Foundation, a non-profit organization founded by social entrepreneur Claudia Pinto in Los Angeles. The organization, later that year, branched into Los Angeles en Mexico that helped the victims of the September 2017 earthquake that had ravaged Mexico. Ana was supported by Mexican actresses Karla Souza, Kate del Castillo, and Olga Segura in the conception and execution of the activities of Los Angeles en Mexico.
- She was among the celebrities selected to run with the ‘Olympic Torch’ as it was paraded around the UK in preparation for the 2012 London Olympics.
Featured Image by Ana de la Reguera / Instagram