|Anand Ahuja Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 29, 1983|
Anand Ahuja is an Indian businessman and entrepreneur who is the founder, CEO, and managing director of the online clothing brand Bhaane.com. He is also the co-founder of a multi-brand sneaker store called VegNonVeg.com, the first such venture in India; and is involved in the capacity of managing director of his family business, Shahi Exports, which is one of India’s top garment export houses by volume. Anand came into the limelight after his marriage to Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor in 2018.
New Delhi, India
Anand splits his time between New Delhi, India and Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Anand completed his secondary education from the American Embassy School in New Delhi and then pursued a post-graduation degree in Business Studies from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Father – Sunil Ahuja (Businessman)
- Mother – Beena Ahuja
- Siblings – Anant Ahuja (Younger Brother) (Multidisciplinary Designer, Entrepreneur), Amit Ahuja (Younger Brother), Priyadarshini (Sister)
- Others – Harish Ahuja (Paternal Grandfather) (Businessman), Anil Kapoor (Father-in-Law) (Actor, Film and TV Show Producer), Sunita Bhavnani (Mother-in-Law) (Former Model and Designer), Rhea Kapoor (Sister-in-Law) (Film Producer), Harshvardhan Kapoor (Brother-in-Law) (Actor), Sanjay Kapoor (Uncle-in-Law) (Actor), Surinder Kapoor (Grandfather-in-Law) (Film Producer) (d. 2011), Nirmal Kapoor (Grandmother-in-Law), Boney Kapoor (Uncle-in-Law) (Film Producer), Sridevi (Aunt-in-Law) (Actress) (d. 2018), Mona Shourie Kapoor (Aunt-in-Law) (Film Producer) (d. 2012), Reena Marwah (Aunt-in-Law), Janhvi Kapoor (Cousin-in-Law) (Actress), Khushi Kapoor (Cousin-in-Law) (Actress), Arjun Kapoor (Cousin-in-Law) (Actor), Ranveer Singh (Distant Cousin-in-Law, related through Sunita Bhavnani) (Actor), Anshula Kapoor (Cousin-in-Law), Mohit Marwah (Cousin-in-Law) (Actor), Sandeep Marwah (Uncle-in-law), Kavita Bhambhani Singh (Aunt-in-law, related through Sunita Bhavnani) (Former Model, Miss India 1969), Jasjit Singh (Uncle-in-law, related through Sunita Bhavnani) (Industrialist), Nandini (Cousin-in-Law), Tariq Premji (Brother-in-law), Namaah Kathawala (Sister-in-law), Maheep Sandhu (Fashion Stylist, Jewelry Designer) (Aunt-in-Law), Antara Motiwala (Fashion Stylist) (Cousin-in-Law)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anand has dated –
- Sonam Kapoor (2014–Present) – Anand met Bollywood actress Sonam Kapoor in 2014 through her stylist, Pernia Qureshi. He reportedly proposed to Sonam within a month of their first meeting. They kept their relationship a private affair for years, despite multiple rumors, before finally announcing their marriage in early 2018. The couple got married on May 8, 2018, in a private ceremony in Mumbai.
Race / Ethnicity
- Salt-and-Pepper beard
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
Anand has served as a brand ambassador for Los Angeles Tourism, featuring in a digital marketing campaign with his wife Sonam Kapoor.
Anand Ahuja Favorite Things
- Sport – Basketball
- Hobbies/Interests – Cycling, Yoga, Listening to Podcasts
- TV Show – The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (1990-1996)
- Adventure Sport – Rock Climbing
- Sportswear Brand – Nike
- Technology Company – Apple
- Automobile Brand – Tesla
Anand Ahuja Facts
- Once Anand completed his post-graduation, he worked as an intern with Amazon.com in Seattle, United States and also gained experience as an assistant buyer at the retail giant Macy’s, before returning to Delhi and joining his family’s business ventures.
- His work experience also includes learning about the garment manufacturing process and raw material sourcing at his uncle’s apparel warehouse in New Jersey. He then spent 6 months learning about lean manufacturing at one of his father’s factories in Bangalore.
- After his marriage to actress Sonam Kapoor, she had changed her name to Sonam K Ahuja on her social media accounts and many fans questioned her feminist image. Anand responded by changing his name on social media accounts to Anand S Ahuja. The move was lauded by netizens and media alike, as an example of modern gender parity.
Featured Image by Anand Ahuja / Instagram