|Andrew Lincoln Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||September 14, 1973|
Andrew Lincoln is an English actor, voice actor, theatre artist, director, and producer. He has been cast in a variety of television roles like playing Rick Grimes in the post-apocalyptic horror drama series The Walking Dead, Edgar “Egg” Cook in the BBC Two drama series This Life, Simon Casey in the Channel 4 comedy-drama series Teachers, Robert Bridge in the mystery drama series Afterlife, and Hugh Collinson in the action-adventure/spy-drama series Strike Back. He has also been a part of many other shows such as The Woman in White, State of Mind, The Canterbury Tales, Lie With Me, Guillermo del Toro’s Cabinet of Curiosities, Wuthering Heights, Fear the Walking Dead, and Robot Chicken. Moreover, his film credits include Penguin Bloom, These Foolish Things, Human Traffic, Love Actually, Gangster No. 1, Heartbreaker, Offending Angels, Enduring Love, Made in Dagenham, and Moonshot.
Andrew James Clutterbuck
London, England, United Kingdom
Andrew Lincoln studied at Beechen Cliff School in Bath. After getting interested in acting, he spent one summer studying drama at the National Youth Theatre in London.
After the completion of his school education, he joined the famous Royal Academy of Dramatic Art to hone his acting skills.
Actor, Voice Actor, Theatre Artist, Director, Producer
- Father – was a Civil engineer
- Mother – was a Nurse
- Siblings – Richard Clutterbuck (Older Brother) (Teacher)
- Others – Charles “Jas” Bekker (Maternal Grandfather), Elizabeth Ann/Anne Lester “Betty” Smith (Maternal Grandmother)
Andrew Lincoln has been repped by Markham, Froggatt & Irwin Group, Talent Management Company, London, England, United Kingdom.
His net worth has been $30 Million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Andrew Lincoln has dated –
- Tara Fitzgerald (1997-1998) – Andrew Lincoln started dating actress Tara Fitzgerald in 1997 after having grown close while working together on the sets of The Woman in White series. Tara, at that time, was nursing heartbreak after splitting from Dorian Healy, her boyfriend of five years. They had a very passionate affair for under a year before going their separate ways in 1998. Tara was very besotted with him, however, Lincoln wasn’t as keen which ultimately led to their split.
- Danai Gurira – Actors Danai Gurira and Andrew were romantically linked on and off to each other after they started working together on the TV series The Walking Dead. Their show characters were also involved in a romantic relationship which only spiced up the dating rumors.
- Gael Anderson (2006-Present) – Andrew first met his wife Gael Anderson on the sets of the TV show, Teachers. Andrew was working as a director for two of the episodes and Anderson was assigned as his personal assistant. Andrew fell in love with her by just looking at her silhouette. After dating for some time, they got married in June 2006. The wedding was attended by Gwyneth Paltrow and Chris Martin. They have two children – a daughter Matilda (b. 2007) and a son Arthur (b. 2010).
Race / Ethnicity
Andrew is of English descent on his father’s side while he has South African ancestry on his mother’s side.
- Curly hair
Andrew Lincoln has done voiceover work for a number of Adidas commercials and has assumed the role of the narrator in various AOL TV adverts.
Best Known For
Playing a lead role as Rick Grimes in the AMC horror drama series The Walking Dead. This role won him various accolades including the People’s Choice Award for “Favorite TV Anti-Hero”, Saturn Award for “Best Actor on Television”, and IGN Summer Movie Award for “Best TV Hero”.
Andrew made his first film appearance in 1995 in the drama film Boston Kickout as Ted.
First TV Show
In 1994, Andrew guest appeared in the Channel 4 sitcom Drop the Dead Donkey as Terry.
Lincoln attributes his lean body to his love for running. He used to enjoy five-mile-long runs in his hometown Georgia.
He hired a personal trainer for the first time in his life to prepare for his role in the zombie action series, The Walking Dead. The trainer advised him to cut his long-distance running habits and instead add free weight exercises to be done in rapid sets with a very less rest period. He was also asked to cut out carbs and sugar from his diet.
Andrew Lincoln Favorite Things
- Song – Just a little lovin’ (By Shelby Lynne)
Source – Women’sHealthMag.com
Andrew Lincoln Facts
- While growing up, Andrew Lincoln excelled in rugby and cricket and played on his secondary school’s rugby team before quitting it to pursue acting.
- He decided to ditch his born name in favor of Andrew Lincoln on the advice of his first agent, who felt that his born name was similar to hobbit names.
- To get his accent spot-on, The Walking Dead director asked him to speak in an American accent at all times, even if they weren’t shooting.
- At the age of 14 during his school days, he got into acting in the hope to attract more attention from girls. His first role was in the school production of Olivier.
- He couldn’t sleep in the night after one scene in season 2 of The Walking Dead, in which he chopped off another actor’s fake leg. The blood and screams in the scene were traumatic for him.
- Andrew is an accomplished cook and often invites his The Walking Dead co-stars home for a dinner. His spaghetti Bolognese is quite popular amongst his co-stars.
- His Walking Dead co-star Jon Bernthal is one of his closest friends. They first met while working together in a pilot shoot during the audition process.
- To do research and to prepare for his role in the 2001 film Teachers, Andrew accompanied his older brother to his school for a few weeks.
- In 2001, he spent a month in Ghana while doing volunteer work with Voluntary Services Overseas to get an idea about the working of charity foundations.
- He has been longtime friends with former Exeter City manager Paul Tisdale and once said, “One of my oldest and dearest friends happens to be Paul Tisdale. So I’ve been watching him very avidly throughout his whole career and I’ve been very proud of him.”
- From 2005 to 2006, he appeared as Robert Bridge in the mystery drama television series Afterlife and this role won him the Golden Nymph Award in the “Outstanding Actor – Drama Series” category in 2007.
- Andrew Lincoln is not on social media.