|Anil Kumble Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||October 17, 1970|
Anil Kumble is a former Indian well-distinguished former cricketer, coach, commentator who is noted to be one of the best bowlers in the world. He, as of 2019, was also the 3rd highest wicket-taker of all-time. Anil’s unbeatable right-arm leg break googly bowling style had brought on a tough competition for even the best batsmen. Besides that, he also has a huge fan base with more than 5 million followers on Twitter, more than 2 million followers on Facebook, and more than 1 million followers on Instagram.
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Anil studied at the Holy Saint English School. Then, he completed high schooling at the National High School, Basavanagudi. Anil graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from the Rashtreeya Vidyalaya College of Engineering (1991-1992).
Former Cricketer, Coach, Commentator
- Father – Krishna Swamy
- Mother – Saroja
- Siblings – Dinesh Kumble (Brother)
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
89 kg or 196 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Anil’s name has been linked with –
- Chethana Ramatheertha (1999-Present) – His wife Chethana was a travel agent when he met her for the first time. Also, she had been married at the time but faced marital problems. Later, in 1999, Anil and Chethana tied the knot with one another just as soon as she had legally parted ways with her previous husband. Anil has a step-daughter named, Aaruni Kumble and 2 children of their own, a son named, Mayas Kumble and a daughter named, Svasti Kumble.
Race / Ethnicity
- Broad jawline
- Tall physique
- Brushes his hair backward
He has appeared in various commercials for brands such as DigiClass.
Anil Kumble Favorite Things
- Food – Seafood
- Captain Of All-Time – Mohammad Azharuddin
Source – The Cricket Times, DTNext.in
Anil Kumble Facts
- He was raised in Bengaluru alongside his brother Dinesh Kumble.
- His passion for cricket began at a very young age. He would play in the streets of Bangalore and was also a member of a club known as “Young Cricketers” when he was 13 years old.
- On November 30, 1989, he made his first-class debut against Hyderabad.
- In February 1990, Kumble became the only other cricketer to have dismissed an entire opposition team batsmen during a test match against Pakistan.
- There is a chowk in Bengaluru named in his honor.
- In the year 2005, his incredible performance earned him India’s 4th highest civilian award, the “Padma Shri” which was presented to him by the Government of India.
- In March 2006, he became the first Indian cricketer in 5th overall during the “Second Test of England’s tour of India” to take 500 wickets.
- There are 2 reasons behind his nickname “Jumbo”, the first of which being his fast deliveries and the second being his large shoe size.
- Anil is an avid photographer.
- Kumble is the only Indian bowler to have taken 5 wickets in 30 different test innings.
Featured Image By Public.Resource.Org / Flickr / CC BY 2.0