|Antony Matheus dos Santos Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||February 24, 2000|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Antony Matheus dos Santos is a Brazilian professional footballer who has played as a winger for Premier League club Manchester United and the Brazil national team.
Antony Matheus dos Santos
Osasco, São Paulo State, Brazil
São Paulo, Brazil
Professional Football Player
- Mother – Cremildra Prudencio
- Siblings – Emerson (Older Brother). He also has an older sister.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
63 kg or 139 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Antony has dated –
- Rosilene Xavier – He has been married to Rosilene Xavier and they have a son named Lorenzo.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Portuguese descent.
He has often dyed his hair in shades such as ‘platinum blonde’.
Sports several tattoos
Antony has done endorsement work for brands such as BOSS, PUMA Football, Red Bull, etc.
Antony Matheus dos Santos Facts
- He grew up playing football wherever and whenever he could, combining his love of futsal with street football and regularly attending São Paulo matches with his aunt.
- He was 10 years old when he was spotted by São Paulo and was subsequently offered a contract after which he was inducted into their youth academy.
- Antony was named to the Brazil under-23 squad for the 2019 Toulon Tournament on May 15, 2019.
- He signed a five-year deal (effective from July 1, 2020) for an initial £13 million, which could rise to £18.2 million, with the Dutch professional football club Ajax on February 23, 2020.
- He made his debut in the Copa Libertadores on March 5, 2020, starting in São Paulo‘s 2–1 loss to Peruvian side Binacional.
- On March 14, 2020, Antony made his last appearance for São Paulo in the 2–1 victory over rivals Santos in the San-São derby.
- On September 13, 2020, he made his debut with Ajax and scored the only goal of an away win over Sparta Rotterdam.
- On October 27, 2020, he made his debut in the UEFA Champions League with Ajax in a 2–2 draw against Atalanta.
- Antony finished the 2020–21 season with 11 goals and 10 assists, including a goal in the 3–1 defeat of Vitesse in the domestic cup final, helping Ajax win the domestic double of the Eredivisie and the KNVB Cup.
- On October 7, 2021, he made his debut for the Brazil national football team in a World Cup qualifier against Venezuela.
- In 2022, he expressed his desire to leave Ajax and stated in an interview with sports journalist Fabrizio Romano, “I was very happy in Amsterdam, I won titles at Ajax, made friends and built part of my career, but now I reinforce that I am ready and full of motivation to follow my story and my dreams. People need to listen to me and understand that my motivation moves me towards happiness.”
- It was confirmed by Ajax on August 30, 2022, that they had reached an agreement with Manchester United for Antony’s transfer and the player subsequently signed a five-year contract for a transfer fee of €95 million (£82 million), with a further €5 million (£4.27 million) in add-ons. After Paul Pogba and Romelu Lukaku, it became the third-highest transfer fee ever paid by Manchester United and the transfer became Ajax‘s and the Eredivisie‘s biggest transfer ever.
- After his ex-girlfriend made allegations of domestic violence, Antony was removed from Brazil’s squad for the 2026 FIFA World Cup qualification matches against Bolivia and Peru on September 4, 2023. It was also reported by Brazilian media outlet Universo Online that there have been photos showing the ex-girlfriend having injuries to her head and her hand.
- Following the domestic violence allegations, two other women also accused Antony of assault but he firmly denied the allegations on the Brazilian network SBT on September 9, claiming that he would “provide the proof and people will understand”.
Featured Image by Antony Matheus dos Santos / Instagram