|Archana Puran Singh Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||September 26, 1962|
Archana Puran Singh is an Indian TV presenter and actress who has reigned over the small screen with her infectious laughter and charming personality. The “Laughter Queen” has been a popular judge on reality comedy shows like Comedy Circus and Sony TV India’s hugely successful The Kapil Sharma Show, where she replaced politician and former cricketer Navjot Singh Sidhu as a judge in February 2019.
Archana Puran Singh
Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India
She resides in a bungalow named “Madh Island” in Mumbai.
She attended the Convent of Jesus and Mary in Dehradun. After that, she earned an English Honours degree at Lady Shri Ram College for Women.
Actress, TV Star, Model
- Siblings – Pradeep (Brother), Kalpana (Sister), Batu (Brother)
- Others – Seema (Sister-in-Law)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- Gurinder Singh – She was married to the deceased model Gurinder Singh aka Sunny Reyar (died 1991) in the 1980s. They got divorced after a few years.
- Rajesh Khanna
- Pankaj Prasher (1987)
- Pahlaj Nihalani (1989)
- Parmeet Sethi (1992-Present) – She tied the knot with actor Parmeet Sethi on June 30, 1992. They have 2 sons named Aaryamann and Ayushmaan.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘dark brown’ and ‘light brown.’
- Cheerful, confident smile
- Cleft chin
- Big sharp nose
- Mole on the right cheek
She has endorsed numerous brands such as –
- Big Bazaar
Archana Puran Singh Favorite Things
- Outfit For Casual Wear – A pair of comfortable jeans or trousers with a loose T-shirt
- Outfit For Formal Occasion – A stylish yet comfortable dress or jumpsuit
- Expensive Outfit – A Versace suit
- Dressing Style – A combination of fashion and comfort suiting the figure, age, and occasion
- Makeup Style – Minimal, natural look
- Well-Dressed Actresses – Tina Munim, Deepika Padukone
- Well-Dressed Actors – Sanjay Dutt, Jackie Shroff
- Jeans Brand – Seven For All Mankind
- Clothes Brand – DKNY, Armani, Ralph Lauren, Prada
- Shops – Macy’s and Bloomingdales (in New York), Harrods, Bond Street, and Selfridges (in London)
- Watch Brand – Rolex
- Sunglass Brand – Chanel
- Fabric – Cotton
- Color – Light Pink, Black, and White during the daytime
- Fetish – Footwear
- Close To Her Heart – Comedy, Nature, Animals, Vegetarianism
Source – The Free Press Journal
Archana Puran Singh Facts
- Her acting skills have been noted in her comedy roles in Bollywood movies such as Miss Briganza in the blockbuster Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Preeto in Mohabbatein (2000), and Zohra in Bol Bachchan (2012).
- She has revealed that during their courtship, she and Parmeet were once caught red-handed romancing in a car by a police constable, who knocked on the window of their automobile. Scared, she had blurted out that they were very much a married couple.
- In November 2019, people on Twitter objected to Kapil Sharma‘s constant derogatory jokes on Archana’s style statement and looks in his program. However, Archana has never had a problem herself with such banter and has stated that she understands limits are crossed only to make the audience laugh and that Kapil apologizes or hugs her, immediately after the shooting is over.
- She has referred to her role as a judge on the reality comedy TV show Comedy Circus as the best possible job in the world, where she gets 6 days off per week and which has given her all the money, fame, and name she has desired.
Featured Image by Filmi Tadka / FilmiTadka.in / CC BY-SA 3.0