|Ari Graynor Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||April 27, 1983|
Ari Graynor is an American actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Meredith Davis in Bad Teacher, Cassie Feder in I’m Dying Up Here, Caitlin Rucker in The Sopranos, Rachel/Kelsie in Fringe, Katie Steele in For a Good Time, Call…, Eva Destruction in Whip It. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Imaginary Heroes, Game 6, The Great New Wonderful, An American Crime, Date Night, The Sitter, The Disaster Artist, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, Veronica Mars, CSI: Miami, The Cleveland Show, and Mrs. America. Her theatre credits include The Little Dog Laughed and Brooklyn Boy.
Ariel Geltman Graynor
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Ari Graynor went to Buckingham Browne & Nichols, which is a private school in Cambridge.
After graduating from high school, she got enrolled at Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut.
- Father – Greg Graynor (Contractor)
- Mother – Joani Geltman (Parenting Expert)
- Siblings – She is the only child.
- Others – Andrew Graynor (born Andrew G. Gryzna) (Paternal Grandfather), Celia/Cecilia Anna Zarych (Paternal Grandmother), Irving Robert Geltman (Maternal Grandfather), Goldie Bazoll (Maternal Grandmother)
Ari Graynor is represented by Authentic Talent and Literary Management.
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
53 kg or 117 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Ari Graynor has dated
- Johnny Galecki (2006) – Ari was reported to be going out with actor Johnny Galecki in 2006. They had reportedly grown close while working in the popular Broadway production, The Little Dog Laughed.
- Eddie Kaye Thomas (2008-2010) – Graynor started going out with stage actor and comedian Eddie Kaye Thomas in 2008. Their first red carpet appearance as a couple was at Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist premiere after-party at the Toronto International Film Festival. They were in a relationship for about 2 years and broke up by mid of 2010. Their last public appearance as a couple was at Holy Rollers’ premiere in May 2010. However, there are some sources that contend that they had broken up in 2008 itself and remained close friends thereafter.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she is of Polish descent, whereas, on her mother’s side, she has Ashkenazi Jewish ancestry.
- Blonde locks
- Prominent nose
34-26-34 in or 86-66-86 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
7 (US) or 37.5 (EU)
She was raised in a Jewish household.
However, her religious views as an adult aren’t known.
Best Known For
- Having played the role of Meredith Davis in the sitcom, Bad Teacher.
- Having made guest appearances in the popular TV series such as The Sopranos, CSI: Miami and Fringe.
In 2003, she made her theatrical film debut in a minor role in the crime drama movie, Mystic River, which was based on the novel of the same name by Dennis Lehane.
First TV Show
In 2001, Ari made her first TV show appearance in the role of Caitlin Rucker in the crime drama series, The Sopranos.
Ari Graynor is certainly not a fan of working out. She has revealed in her interview with E-News that she hates all kinds of physical activities and hadn’t worked out in a year leading up to the interview.
Ari Graynor Favorite Things
- Dream Co-actors – Michael Fassbender and Jon Hamm
- Foods – Spaghetti Pomodoro at Cafe Altro Paradiso, steak and market vegetable plate from The Spotted Pig, burger from Corner Bistro, and soft scramble (with greens instead of hash) from The Elk
- Beauty Products – P50 exfoliating toner, Lait Vip O2, Creme Dermopurifiante lotion, Masque Vivant and Mask Vip 02
- App – Waze and Petfinder
- Cities for Food – Los Angeles, New York City, and anywhere in Italy
- Dream Work Collaborators – Richard Linklater, Steve McQueen, Mike Mills, Nicole Holofcener, Paul Thomas Anderson, Spike Jonze, Tarantino, Kenny Lonergan, and Mia Hanson Love
Ari Graynor Facts
- To prepare for her role in the comedy-drama TV series I’m Dying Up Here, she performed stand-up comedy in front of the live audience. She had signed up under the name of her character for the show.
- In 2015, she was about to leave Los Angeles and move to New York City. However, she was offered an audition for a role in I’m Dying Up Here, which convinced her to stay in LA.
- She got her breakthrough after she was cast in the iconic TV series, The Sopranos. She was cast in the role of lead character Tony Soprano’s daughter Meadow’s dormitory roommate.
- While making an appearance on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert in June 2017, she revealed that she went to the prom with Joe Kennedy III, who is the grandson of Bobby Kennedy and became a member of the U.S. House of Representatives in June 2013.
- To connect with her role on a deeper psychological level for her 2011 movie Lucky, she did intense dream work, which was based on Carl Jung’s famous philosophy of dreams.
- Her parents never became professional actors but were involved in local stage productions. This was one of the reasons, due to which she believes her parents were very supportive of her career choice.
- She has worked on scripts for a number of her pet projects and has expressed her intention to become a director, which she feels would be a natural transition.
- By the age of 12, she was regularly commuting with her mother to New York City for auditions. Her father used to ferry them back and forth for the auditions.
- Before she got her breakthrough in Hollywood, she performed in several popular Boston Theatres. At the age of 13, she was cast in King Lear, which was produced by Eugene O’Neill Theater Institute.
- Her work in the Broadway play Brooklyn Boy was highly acclaimed. But she almost missed out on it as she had moved to Los Angeles and hadn’t done theatre in a long while, which made her apprehensive about it. Plus, it was a long-time commitment.
- Her audition process for Brooklyn Boy was pretty rough as she had to go through three callbacks before the casting team finally decided to cast her in the play written by Pulitzer winner Donald Margulies.
Featured Image by Montclair Film / Flickr / CC BY 2.0