|Ashleigh Murray Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||January 18, 1988|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Ashleigh Murray is an American actress and singer, who portrays Josie McCoy on the teen drama series Riverdale. She commenced her career in 2007 by appearing in the short film Finding Harmony. She has also been seen in TV shows such as The Following, Younger, Alex, Inc.
Ashleigh Monique Murray
Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.
New York City, New York, United States
Ashleigh received her initial education in Kansas City but in the 5th grade, she relocated to Oakland, California, to live with her aunt for 2 years.
Then, she moved back to her native city and after graduating high school from there, she shifted base to New York City, where she graduated in 2009 from the New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts.
- Jago Ciro Entertainment (Talent Agency)
- Innovative Artists Talent (Talent Agency)
- Imprint PR (Publicist)
Her Riverdale music has been released under WaterTower Music.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
48 kg or 106 pounds
Boyfriend / Spouse
She is very private about her personal life and has never confirmed dating anyone. But she shared a picture on Instagram on May 20, 2017, which left her fans speculating about her dating a Justin Timberlake lookalike.
Race / Ethnicity
- Curly hair
- Welcome smile
Ashleigh appeared in these TV commercials –
- AT&T Moto X (2013)
- Coca-Cola (along with Diggy Simmons) (2013)
She has not spoken about her religious beliefs publicly.
Best Known For
Playing the character Josie McCoy, the lead singer of Josie and the Pussycats, in the teen drama television series Riverdale.
As a Singer
Ashleigh has contributed her vocals to the soundtracks of Riverdale along with other cast members Hayley Law, Asha Bromfield, and Camila Mendes.
Ashleigh has not made her theatrical film debut yet. She has only been seen in a Netflix movie and short films.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance in the drama series The Following in 2014 in just a single episode.
Ashleigh Murray Facts
- She enjoyed taking lessons in piano, jazz, and hip-hop while living with her aunt in Oakland, California, for 2 years (around the late 1990s).
- She has also been a part of an off-Broadway production of “Child of the Movement,” based on a true story, in the past.
- Ashleigh was financially broke before booking her role in Riverdale. She just had $12 left in her bank account.
- Murray was a part of the Lady Gaga‘s MTV VMA promo video in 2013.
- She once told in an interview that she was tired of being mistaken for other actresses of color.
- Follow her on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Jagociro / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0