|Ashlyn Harris Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||October 19, 1985|
Ashlyn Harris is an American professional soccer player who’s best known for her achievements and contributions to the world of soccer and for being held as FIFA Women’s World Cup champion. Harris, who plays as the goalkeeper for the United States women’s national soccer team and Orlando Pride of National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL), made her debut in March 2013 for the senior national team and later became a member of the championship-winning team for both the 2015 FIFA Women’s World Cup held in Canada and 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup held in France. Apart from Orlando Pride which she has been with since 2016, she has also played for other teams like Saint Louis Athletica, Washington Freedom, and Western New York Fash of the Women’s Professional Soccer. At the age of 14, she began playing club soccer with the boys and first played for the Palm Bay Rangers and South Brevard United before she joined the Seminole Ice girls team. After winning the state championship with U-17 Indialantic Force in 2003, Harris went to Sattelite High School, where she continuously played soccer under the supervision of her first coach, Fitzgerald Haig.
It wasn’t long until she became one of the most competent players at the time, who brought her team to multiple victories during her sophomore and junior years. She ended her senior season in 2004 being dubbed as the nation’s number one recruit and the award was given by Soccer America, an American magazine devoted to soccer. During the same year, she was also named the “Gatorade Player of the Year” and “NSCAA Player of the Year”. From 2006 to 2015, Harris had played for several teams including Pali Blues, Washington Freedom, FCR 2001 Duisburg, Washington Spirit, and Tyreso FF. In 2015, she was selected by the Orlando Pride as the second pick in the 2015 Expansion Draft shortly after the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) officially welcomed the Pride as the 10th team. Harris made her debut for the Pride in a match against the Portland Thorns with a defeat of 2-1. In 2016, she made 62 saves and 1.33 goals-against-average in 15 games, making her the “NWSL Goalkeeper of the Year”. Even before she became a prominent member of various professional soccer teams including her current team Orlando Pride, Harris had already built her reputation and fame during her rookie years. Harris has amassed a huge fanbase online with more than 150k followers on Facebook, more than 700k followers on Instagram, and more than 500k followers on Twitter.
Ashlyn Michelle Harris
Cocoa Beach, Florida, United States
She attended Satellite High School at Chapel Hill and later went to the University of North Carolina.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Mike Harris
- Mother – Tammye Harris
- Siblings – Chris Harris (Older Brother)
Ashlyn Harris is represented by –
- All American Speakers
- Elite Model Management
- 18 – United States women’s national soccer team
- 24 – Orlando Pride
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ashlyn Harris has dated –
- Ali Krieger (2015-Present) – Ashlyn Harris and Orlando Pride defender Ali Krieger have been dating since 2015. The lovebirds got engaged in September 2018 after Harris popped the question in a romantic setting in Clearwater Beach. On March 13, 2019, the newly engaged couple announced that they were planning to tie the knot later in the year. As of July 3, 2019, Vogue reported that Krieger and Harris’s wedding was set to kick-off in December 2019 in Miami, Florida.
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair ‘Blonde’.
- Thin Lips
- Square-shaped Jawline
Ashlyn Harris has been an endorser of the English sportswear and football equipment brand, Umbro. In 2017, she was chosen as Umbro‘s female ambassadress for its fall collection.
She had also been previously sponsored by the multinational corporation, Nike.
Best Known For
- Being the FIFA Women’s World Cup champion
- Becoming a part of NWSL’s Orlando Pride in 2016
- Her achievements and contributions to the world of soccer in general as well as for outstandingly playing for other teams such as Saint Louis Athletica, Washington Freedom, and Western New York Fash of the Women’s Professional Soccer
First Soccer Match
Ashlyn Harris made her professional debut with the Pali Blues of the W-League in 2009. She made 5 appearances with the team which went undefeated and later won the W-League championship with a 2-1 victory in a match against Washington Freedom.
She’s a professional athlete and always recognized by her dedication as a soccer player. With that, it is clear that she trains a lot and probably hits the gym or the field to workout and prepare herself before her next game kicks off. In the past, Harris and her long-time coach, Chris Gorre had an interview during which she mentioned that her playing position as a goalkeeper demands “specific training” and that every training session she’d do is relatively connected to her movements in her games.
As for the type of training she’s into with her club team in Orlando, Harris said that her position is all about power and requires her to be able to move from point A to point B as speedy as possible. With that, she prepares herself by doing a lot of speed drills and tons of footwork.
Going next to her demanding workout routine is her diet parameter and the specific food she eats during training. For breakfast, she eats lots of eggs, fruits, dried cereals, and oatmeals. For lunch, her diet plan changes every day based on the carb loads her body needs for that week. She further added that as the week begins to roll, veggies and meats will go first then more carbs and starches are served later as the week progresses.
Ashlyn Harris Favorite Things
- Brands – AllSaints, G-Star, Common Projects, Rag & Bone, Louboutin, Louis Vuitton, Off-White
- Shoes – Versace‘s Chain Reaction Shoes
- Jewelry – Layered chains, funky earrings
- Pets – Dogs
- Beauty Products – Oribe, Tom Ford
- Lunch Spot – Da Kine Diego’s situated in Satellite Beach, Florida
Ashlyn Harris Facts
- She started playing soccer at the age of 5.
- She grew up playing soccer with the boys.
- Apart from soccer, Harris also used to play baseball.
- She has an interest in skateboarding, fashion, music, and surfing.
- Harris and Krieger own a dog named Logan, who has also turned out to be a fan-favorite.
- Most of her tattoos are inspired by Greek mythology.
- Before fame, Harris spent most of her childhood years with her brother.
- She had played soccer for the North Carolina Tar Heels from 2006 to 2009 and led the team to 3 winnings for the NCAA Division I Women’s Soccer Championships.
- Harris graduated from high school with countless awards which highlighted her 65 career games, 50 shutouts, 0.29 goals average, and with an overall excellent mark of 3.8 GPA.
- If she weren’t a soccer player, she’d love to become a designer or stylist.
- She had previous experience of depression and aggression which eventually led her to connect with a mental health-focused non-profit organization called To Write Love On Her Arms, an American organization that aims to help people struggling with addiction, depression, self-injury, and suicidal thoughts.
- She was named to the 23 player roster for the 2019 Women’s World Cup on May 1, 2019.
- Connect with Ashlyn Harris on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Thomas Rodenbücher / Flickr / CC BY 2.0