|Azie Tesfai Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
Azie Tesfai is an American actress who has been cast in a wide range of characters in shows and movies such as Cherry Milton in Wicked Wicked Games, Kelly Olsen in Supergirl, Zadeska in Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Undead, Nadine Hanson in Jane the Virgin, Kempy Blook in Me Him Her, Dr. Michelle Marrs in Powers, Nurse Mandy in Melrose Place, and Kendra in Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
Los Angeles, California, United States
Azie Tesfai got enrolled at the University of California, Berkeley and graduated with a degree in business administration. Also, she has taken acting lessons.
- Siblings – She is an only child.
Azie Tesfai is represented by Stone Manners Salners Agency, Talent and Literary Agency, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
58 kg or 128 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Azie Tesfai is of Eritrean descent.
- Beauty spot above her lips
- Pouty lips
Azie Tesfai Facts
- She grew up in Los Angeles, California.
- Her parents are Eritrean immigrants.
- It was during her time at the University of California, Berkeley that Azie Tesfai started auditioning for various acting projects.
- She made her first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Zadeska in the 2009 independent comedy film, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Undead, starring Jake Hoffman, Devon Aoki, and John Ventimiglia.
- From 2014 to 2016, she was cast in the recurring role of Detective Nadine Hanson, a police detective and rival, partner, and brief lover to Michael who dies after taking a bullet that was meant for Michael, in the romantic dramedy and satirical telenovela, Jane the Virgin.
- Azie Tesfai appeared as Dr. Michelle Marrs, the new coroner at Powers divisions, in the online streaming superhero police procedural drama series, Powers, in 2016.
- She is the founder of Fortuned Culture which is a charity based accessories line in Los Angeles. The proceeds from the sales are used to provide aid to children in developing countries like Mexico, Ethiopia, and Cambodia.
- In 2019, Azie Tesfai started portraying the character of Kelly Olsen, James’s younger, no-nonsense sister, who has returned to the United States following a military tour overseas, in the superhero action sci-fi drama series, Supergirl, in which she has co-starred alongside the likes of Melissa Benoist, Mehcad Brooks, Chyler Leigh, Jeremy Jordan, David Harewood, Calista Flockhart, Katie McGrath, Odette Annable, Chris Wood, Floriana Lima, Jesse Rath, and Nicole Maines.
Featured Image by Azie Tesfai / Instagram