|Bandar bin Sultan Al Saud Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||March 2, 1949|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Bandar bin Sultan Al Saud is a retired Saudi Arabian diplomat, military officer, pilot, and government official who served as Saudi Arabia’s ambassador to the United States from 1983 to 2005. In addition to that, he also served as secretary general of the National Security Council from 2005 to 2015 and as director general of the Saudi Intelligence Agency from 2012 to 2014.
Bandar bin Sultan bin Abdulaziz Al Saud
Ta’if, Mecca, Saudi Arabia
Bandar attended the Royal Air Force College Cranwell and graduated in 1968. He has also trained at Maxwell Air Force Base and the Industrial College of the Armed Forces.
Later, he earned a master’s degree in international public policy from the Johns Hopkins University’s Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies.
Diplomat, Military Officer, Government Official, Pilot
- Father – Sultan bin Abdulaziz (Saudi defense minister from 1963 to 2011 and the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia from 2005 to 2011)
- Mother – Khiziran
- Siblings – He is an only child.
- Others – Abdulaziz bin Abdul Rahman bin Faisal Al Saud (Paternal Grandfather) (Arab political and religious leader who founded Saudi Arabia and reigned as its first king from September 23, 1932, until his death in 1953), Hussa bint Ahmed Al Sudairi (Paternal Grandmother) (One of the wives of King Abdulaziz of Saudi Arabia), Khalid bin Sultan Al Saud (Paternal Half-Brother) (Former deputy minister of defense), Fahd bin Sultan Al Saud (Paternal Half-Brother) (Appointed as the governor of Tabuk Province since 1987), Salman bin Sultan Al Saud (Paternal Half-Brother) (Former assistant secretary general of the Saudi Arabian National Security Council for intelligence and security affairs, Former deputy defense minister), Faisal bin Sultan (Paternal Half-Brother) (Has served as the secretary general of Sultan bin Abdulaziz Al Saud Foundation), Nawf bint Sultan (Paternal Half-Sister), Reema (Paternal Half-Sister), Noura bint Sultan (Paternal Half-Sister), Munira bint Sultan (Paternal Half-Sister), Princess Daad (Paternal Half-Sister), Turki (Paternal Half-Brother), Nayef (Paternal Half-Brother), Badr (Paternal Half-Brother), Saud (Paternal Half-Brother), Ahmad (Paternal Half-Brother), Nawwaf (Paternal Half-Brother), Abdullah (Paternal Half-Brother), Mishaal (Paternal Half-Brother), Mansour (Paternal Half-Brother), Fawwaz (Paternal Half-Brother), Abdulmajid (Paternal Half-Brother), Abdul Ilah (Paternal Half-Brother), Prince Turki bin Faisal (Grandson), Princess Sarah bint Faisal (Granddaughter)
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Haifa bint Faisal Al Saud (1972-Present) – He married Haifa bint Faisal Al Saud in 1972. Haifa once stated that when she first saw Bandar, she had a feeling that they would get married and the couple indeed got married 4 years later. They parent 8 children together, including daughter Reema bint Bandar Al Saud (b. February 15, 1975) (the Saudi Arabian ambassador to the United States) and sons Khalid bin Bandar Al Saud (b. 1977) (an ambassador to the United Kingdom) and Faisal bin Bandar bin Sultan Al Saud (has served as the president of the Saudi Arabian Federation for Electronic and Intellectual Sports (SAFEIS) and the Arab eSports Federation).
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
Usually wears European clothes
Bandar bin Sultan Al Saud Facts
- Both his parents were quite young at the time of his birth.
- Bandar was honored with the Golden Plate Award of the American Academy of Achievement presented by Awards Council member Quincy Jones at a ceremony in Dublin, Ireland in 2002.
- In March 2011, he visited Pakistan, India, Malaysia, and China in order to gather support for Saudi Arabia’s military intervention in Bahrain.
- Bandar served as King Abdullah’s special envoy from 2014 to 2015.
Featured Image by Russian Presidential Press and Information Office / kremlin.ru / CC BY 3.0 DEED