|Bang Chan Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||October 3, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Bang Chan is a Korean-Australian singer, producer, dancer, rapper, and TV personality who is best known for being the leader of the South Korean boy band, Stray Kids, whose other members are Changbin, Lee Know, Hyunjin, Woojin, Han, Felix, I.N, and Seungmin. Bang Chan became a part of the JYPE family in 2010 after he was selected via an audition held in Australia and he has also trained with the members of GOT7, TWICE, and DAY6. Under his leadership, Stray Kids has released a wide range of discography that includes several tracks, mixtapes, and EPs like I Am Not, I Am Who, I Am You, Clé 1: Miroh, Clé 2: Yellow Wood, District 9, I Am You, My Pace, Miroh, and Side Effects. Bang Chan has also appeared in various music videos, like TWICE‘s Like Ooh Ahh and Miss A‘s Only You, as well as in several shows such as The 9th, The 9th: Season 2, Stray Kids Amigo TV, Two Kids Room, Two Kids Room Vol. 2, Finding Stray Kids, What If You Are A JYP Entertainment’s Trainee?, and SKZ-Talker Go!. Moreover, he has spent a significant time of his life living in Australia and has also been trained in a couple of dance forms.
Bang Chan, Kangaroo, Koala
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Bang Chan studied at Cheongdam High School which is located in Seoul, South Korea. Also, while living in Australia, he went to Newtown High School of the Performing Arts which is a government-funded co-educational selective and specialist secondary day school located in Newtown, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
Singer, Producer, Musician, Dancer, Rapper, TV Personality
- Father – He owns a swimming club in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
- Siblings – Hannah (Younger Sister), Lucas (Younger Brother)
Bang Chan is represented by JYP Entertainment.
K-Pop, Hip Hop, K Hip Hop, Electronica
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
65 kg or 143.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Bang Chan has often dyed his hair.
Bang Chan often wears colored contact lenses.
- Dimpled smile
- Wavy hair
- Lean body
As a part of Stray Kids, Bang Chan has done endorsement work for a number of brands which include the likes of Jambangee Jeans, Ivy Club, Minute Maid Sparkling, Pro-Specs, and many others.
Moreover, Stray Kids has been chosen as an ambassador for the likes of Lotte Duty-Free and Talk Talk Korea Contest (2019) and it has also served as an honorary ambassador for the Korean Culture and Information Service (KOCIS) as well as the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism (MCST).
Best Known For
- Being the leader, producer, vocalist, dancer, and rapper of the South Korean boy band, Stray Kids, alongside the likes of Changbin, Lee Know, Hyunjin, Woojin, Han, Felix, I.N, and Seungmin. Stray Kids has won several awards such as Asia Artist Award, Gaon Chart Music Award, Asia Model Award, Golden Disc Award, MBC Plus X Genie Music Award, Mnet Asian Music Award, Seoul Music Award, Soribada Best K-Music Award, U+5G The Fact Music Award, Korea First Brand Award, Soompi Award, and many more. The group has also amassed a huge social media fan base with more than 5 million followers on Instagram, more than 2 million followers on Twitter, and more than a million followers on Facebook.
- Having released popular music as a part of Stray Kids which released its pre-debut extended play, titled Mixtape, on January 8, 2018, via JYP Entertainment and Genie Music and it included 7 tracks – Hellevator, Spread My Wings, School Life, Yayaya, 4419, Glow, and Beware. The EP was ranked at number #2 in the US World Albums (Billboard) chart as well as in the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart, at number #9 in the New Zealand Heatseeker Albums (RMNZ) chart, and at number #22 in the Independent Albums (Billboard) chart.
- Being a part of the 4th extended play, titled Clé 1: Miroh, by Stray Kids which was released on March 25, 2019, via JYP Entertainment and Iriver. It comprised of songs such as Entrance, Miroh, Victory Song, Maze of Memories, and Chronosaurus and topped the South Korean Albums (Gaon) chart as it appeared on the chart’s topmost position. Also, it was ranked at number #3 in the US World Albums (Billboard) chart, at number #13 in the Top Heatseekers (Billboard) chart, and at number #15 in the Japanese Albums (Oricon) chart.
- Having been a member of the hip-hop & record production trio, named 3Racha, which also includes his Stray Kids groupmates, Changbin and Han, and as a member of 3Racha, he goes by the name ‘CB97’
As a Singer
As a member of Stray Kids, Bang Chan has been a part of a wide range of EPs, mixtapes, music videos, and singles which include the likes of I Am Not, I Am Who, I Am You, Clé 1: Miroh, Clé 2: Yellow Wood, District 9, I Am You, My Pace, Miroh, and Side Effects.
Bang Chan stays fit by leading an active life and all the dance practices that he takes also help him maintain a toned physique.
Bang Chan Favorite Things
- Season – Autumn
Bang Chan Facts
- While growing up, he took ballet and modern dance lessons.
- Ever since he was a child, Bang Chan aspired to become a singer because he enjoyed entertaining people.
- At the age of 8, he made a record in his school’s swim carnival for 50 m freestyle swimming.
- After JYP Entertainment (JYPE) announced a new survival show titled Stray Kids, the eponymous boy band was launched in the year 2017. The agency released the band’s very first music video for a song named Hellevator even before the show premiered and later, the song went on to be released as a digital single. In the show, 2 members, Lee Know and Felix, got eliminated from being a part of the group but, fortunately, ended up being in the final line-up.
- During his time in Australia, Bang Chan lived in several different places such as Strathfield, Drummoyne, Enfield, Belmore, and Greenacre.
- He went in for a JYP Entertainment audition in Australia and after getting selected, he joined the entertainment company in the year 2010 and trained for around 7 years.
- He has trained alongside the members of GOT7, TWICE, and DAY6. Moreover, Bang Chan also shares a friendly bond with GOT7‘s BamBam, Yugyeom, and Jackson, TWICE‘s Sana, and Day6‘s Young K.
- As a member of Stray Kids, he has been cast in a variety of shows and dramas such as The 9th, Intro: I Am Not, The 9th: Season 2, Stray Kids Amigo TV, Two Kids Room, The 9th: Season 3, Two Kids Room Vol. 2, Finding Stray Kids, Two Kids Room Vol. 3, Two Kids Room Vol. 4, What If You Are A JYP Entertainment’s Trainee?, and SKZ-Talker Go!.
- Bang Chan prefers sunny days to rainy days.
- He likes eating chicken.
- He prefers planned trips to spontaneous adventures.
- According to him, his dimpled smile is his most attractive feature.
- Bang Chan’s idea of a nice vacation includes bungee jumping.
- He has a lot of friends in Los Angeles, California, United States.
- He enjoys listening to the music by Canadian rapper, singer, songwriter, record producer, actor, and entrepreneur, Drake.
- One of Bang Chan’s rare talents is that he can rotate his hand to 360º.
- He pets a King Charles Spaniel dog named Berry.
- He prefers to do things on his own.
- Bang Chan enjoys swimming.
- He can speak a couple of languages such as English, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese. He has also revealed that sometimes his thoughts are in English and the other times in Korean.
- Changbin has revealed that Bang Chan is the busiest member of Stray Kids as he goes from editing the music to matching the choreography.
- If things had not worked out for him as a member of Stray Kids or as a singer altogether, Bang Chan would have probably become an actor or an athlete.
- He does not enjoy watching movies alone on holidays.
- One of the perfumes that he likes is Versace Eros.
- When he first met Woojin, Bang Chan thought that he was very cold.
- He credits Drake, Cristiano Ronaldo, and his dad as his biggest role models.
- He enjoying playing sports in his free time.
- Bang Chan runs at a fast pace.
- He has also been a part of several music videos which include TWICE‘s Like Ooh Ahh as well as Miss A‘s Only You.
- He has been roommates with Changbin, Lee Know, Hyunjin, and Seungmin.
- Bang Chan lives by the motto “Just enjoy”.
- Visit Stray Kids‘ official website @ straykids.jype.com.
- Follow the boy band, Stray Kids, on Instagram, iTunes, Spotify, Twitter, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Bang Chan / Instagram