|Barbora Krejčíková Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 18, 1995|
Barbora Krejčíková is a Czech professional tennis player who is accomplished at both the singles and the doubles formats of the sport, having attained the world No. 1 position in the WTA (Women’s Tennis Association) doubles rankings on October 22, 2018, and her career-high singles ranking of world No. 33 on May 31, 2021. Krejčíková has been a Grand Slam champion multiple times, having bagged the women’s doubles titles at the 2018 French Open and 2018 Wimbledon, the mixed doubles titles at the Australian Open in 2019, 2020, and 2021 consecutively, and the singles title at the 2021 French Open. Barbora has garnered more than 40k followers on her Instagram.
Brno, Czech Republic
Ivančice, Czech Republic
Professional Tennis Player
Right-Handed (Two-Handed Backhand)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
72 kg or 159 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Large forehead
- Cheerful smile
- Sharp nose
- Thin lips
- High cheekbones
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Häagen-Dazs.
Barbora Krejčíková Favorite Things
- Tournament – Australian Open
- Sports Outside Tennis – Any game where the ball is used, having particularly loved golf
- Ice Cream Flavor – Lemon
Source – Tennis-Prose
Barbora Krejčíková Facts
- She began to play tennis at the age of 6.
- Barbora has recalled that the first famous tennis player she had ever met was her late coach, former Wimbledon champion, Jana Novotna. Novotna used to reside in a village near her and Barbora had driven to her home along with her parents and found her outside, walking her dog. Barbora had explained to her that she was a young player looking for help and guidance, and Novotna had agreed to assist her. Novotna began to coach Barbora when she was 18 years old and could do so for 3 years, Barbora having pointed out those years to have been the most inspiring time for her.
- She has loved animals and has been fond of traveling. She has cherished embroidery and has been a huge fan of ice cream.
- Barbora has relished spending time with her family and has often helped her parents in the garden.
- Barbora has greatly enjoyed watching ice hockey.
- She has owned a blue Skoda.
- She has been a proud aunt of 2 kids.
- Barbora has admired people who are honest, truthful, and happy.
- Barbora has stated that her shining moment at the French Open 2021 has been a tribute to Jana Novotna. She has revealed that in spite of attaining great success, she has wanted to stay the same hardworking person she has always been, and simply relish the journey. She had learned from Novotna to always be humble. Novotna would never act like she was the winner of titles or that she was someone extraordinary, but instead, would behave like a normal person. She would remind Barbora that it actually did not matter how many titles she would win, but what would be really important at all times would be for her to come and say hello, please and thank you, and behave nicely with everybody. Novotna has been a big role model for Barbora for many reasons like this, and she has aspired to be the same as her.
- Her doubles partner Katarina Siniakova has been one of her closest friends.
Featured Image by Barbora Krejčíková / Instagram