|Big Boi Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||February 1, 1975|
Big Boi is a rapper, songwriter, record producer and actor from Georgia, U.S. He is also known for being a member of the band Outkast with bandmate André 3000. In 2018, he signed with Hitco Music label. Big Boi has also been honored by getting an inclusion in the video game “Def Jam: Icon” as a playable character.
Antwan André Patton
Big Boi, Daddy Fat Sacks, Luscious Left Foot
Savannah, Georgia, United States
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Big Boi attended the Herschel V. Jenkins High School in Georgia. After shifting to Atlanta, he began attending the Tri-Cities High School, which is a visual and performing arts Magnet school.
Rapper, Songwriter, Actor, Record Producer
- Father – Tony Kearse (Served in the Marine Corps) (Died in 2004)
- Mother – Rowena Patton
- Siblings – Marcus Patton (Younger Brother), James Patton (Younger Brother) (Rapper), Lolly Patton (Younger Sister)
- Others – Renee (Aunt)
In 2014, Big Boi started getting represented by Jordan Feldstein of Career Artist Management.
Hip Hop, Rap
Purple Ribbon Label, Epic Records, LaFace Records, RCA, Def Jam, Hitco Music, Empire
5 ft 6 in or 167.5 cm
90 kg or 198.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Big Boi has dated –
- Karrine Steffans (2000) – According to reports, American author and video vixen Karrine Steffans and Big Boi had a fling in 2000.
- Sherlita Patton (2001-Present) – Big Boi and Sherlita Patton met in 2001 and got married the following year. Together, they have 2 children – a girl named Jordan Patton and a boy named Cross Patton. After spending more than a decade together, she filed for a divorce from her husband in October 2013. Reports alleged that she had found s*xually explicit images of his former bandmate André 3000 on his cell phone. Sherlita wanted full custody of their kids along with financial support and other forms of financial aids while Big Boi refused to comply. A long-drawn custody battle was expected to ensue. But the two managed to patch things up and called off their divorce in June 2014. In the aftermath of the divorce fiasco, he has credited Jesus in keeping his family together.
Note – Big Boi also has a son named Bamboo Patton from a previous relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
He has African-American ancestry.
- Often sports a goatee
- Flashy and chunky jewelry
Big Boi has endorsed Apple.
Best Known For
- Having served as one-half of the hip-hop duo OutKast with André 3000 from 1991 to 2006 and then 2014 onwards. The musical heavyweights achieved critical and commercial success and have been the recipient of 6 Grammy awards till 2018.
- His career as a solo artist where he has released several albums that have been met with critical acclaim
As a member of OutKast, his released his debut album titled Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik in 1994.
As a solo artist, Big Boi released his debut album Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty in 2010.
In 2004, he made his first theatrical film appearance in the action crime film 20 Funerals in 2004 in the role of Lucious.
As a voice artist, Big Boi made his theatrical film debut by voicing the character of Shimma in the English version of Hwasango. The film is called Volcano High in English which was released in 2003.
First TV Show
Big Boi made his first TV show appearance in 1994, as a member of OutKast, on the music talk-show Soul Train.
Big Boi maintains his weight by doing 100 push-ups in the morning and another 100 during the nighttime. He also includes an afternoon jog for about 2 or 3 miles every alternate day. Additionally, he has stated that being on stage singing and interacting with the audience is easily equivalent to a 90-minute cardio workout.
For his diet, he has refrained from consuming food made with beef or pork for more than 2 decades. For breakfast, he will opt for scrambled eggs with cheese, chicken sausage, French toast and a glass of orange juice or mango-pineapple juice.
Big Boi Favorite Things
- Music Albums – Cosmic Slop by Funkadelic (1973), Ahh… The Name Is Bootsy, Baby! by Bootsy’s Rubbber Band (1977), Here, My Dear by Marvin Gaye (1978), The Dreaming by Kate Bush (1982), Thriller by Michael Jackson (1982), Heart Break by New Edition (1988), As Nasty As They Wanna Be by 2 Live Crew (1989), Full Moon Fever by Tom Petty (1989), People’s Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm by A Tribe Called Quest (1990), Niggaz4Life by N.W.A (1991), The Chronic by Dr. Dre (1992), Beautiful Ballads by The Isley Brothers (1994), The Infamous by Mobb Deep (1995), Natural Mystic: The Legend Lives On by Bob Marley & The Wailers (1995), Even In Darkness by Dungeon Family (2001), The Empyrean by John Frusciante (2009), The ArchAndroid by Janelle Monáe (2010) and many more
- Song On The ‘Here, My Dear’ Album – When Did You Stop Loving Me
- Song On ‘The Dreaming’ Album – Pull Out the Pin
- Song On ‘The Boomerang’ Album – Hot [email protected] by A Tribe Called Quest
- Song On ‘The Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix’ Album – Rome, Lisztomania
- Emcee – Slick Rick
- Musical Artists – Bob Marley, Kate Bush
- Movie – Iron Man
- Color – Purple
- Meal – Jerk chicken with peas on rice and collard green, macaroni and cheese
- Restaurant Meal – Nando’s fire-grilled chicken
- Books – Ni**er, by Dick Gregory, The Four Elements: A Practical Guide To Living by Miguel Ruiz, Bible
- Song On The ‘ATLiens’ Album – Ova Da Wudz
- Artists From Atlanta – Run The Jewels, Janelle Monáe
- Lyrics – Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O’Connor
- Place – Tybee Island in Georgia
- Fictional Character – Wolverine, Sabretooth
- Drink – Cognac, Champagne
Big Boi Facts
- While studying at Tri-Cities High School in the early 1990s, he met André Benjamin and they formed the band OutKast. They were initially signed with LaFace Records.
- His stage name ‘Big Boi’ is ironic as he was the shortest among his group of close friends.
- He is an animal lover and owns many pets including an imposing eagle owl named Simon.
- Big Boi has a dog breeding business and operates Pitfall Kennels in Fairbanks, Georgia. The 25-acre facility trains and sells American bullies, French bulldogs, and English bulldogs.
- His mother was worried about him cutting school to rap as it would affect his school performance. However, he graduated high school with a 4.0-grade point average.
- He launched the Big Kidz Foundation in 2006, an NGO focusing on rehabilitating the youth in Atlanta. In 2010, the foundation extended its services to the youth in Savannah in Georgia.
- In 2010, he launched his own line of custom Chuck Taylor sneakers with Converse. The shoes are adorned with the title ‘Sir Lucious Left Foot’ on the left side, and ‘Son of Chico Dusty’ on the right. The tongue of the shoe features his Big Boi logo.
- While returning from a cruise in August 2011, the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol agents found him to be in possession of controlled substances like MDMA powder and viagra at the port of Miami. He was subsequently arrested and had to pay a bond of $16,000 for his release from Miami-Dade County jail.
- Visit his official website @ bigboi.com.
- Follow him on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SoundCloud, Tumblr, YouTube VEVO, and Facebook.
Featured Image by Ralph Arvesen / Flickr / CC BY 2.0