|Byun Baek-hyun Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8.5 in|
|Date of Birth||May 6, 1992|
Byun Baek-hyun is a South Korean singer, actor, model, and fashion designer known for being a member of the popular boy band, Exo. He has done endorsement work for brands like Kolon Sport, Nature Republic, Skechers, Samsung, and Baskin-Robbins. Baekhyun has released songs like The Day We Met, Beautiful, and My Turn to Cry. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 13 million followers on Instagram.
Wonmi-gu, Bucheon, South Korea
Baekhyun went to the Jungwon High School in Bucheon. He later got enrolled in the Kyung Hee Cyber University. At the university, he took up online classes for the Culture and Arts Department of Business Administration.
Singer, Actor, Model, Fashion Designer
- Siblings – Byun Baek-beom (Older Brother)
Baekhyun was represented by SM Entertainment.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Byun Baek-hyun has dated –
- Kim Tae-yeon (2014-2015) – The reports of Baekyun dating singer Kim Tae-yeon first surfaced in the summer of 2014. It was pointed out by the tabloids that they were exchanging subtle messages on the social media. Their relationship was eventually confirmed in July 2014 by SM Entertainment. However, towards the end of the year, it was reported that they had separated. However, they were soon seen together. They eventually separated in September 2015. The separation was confirmed by their representatives. It was revealed that their busy schedules had been a problem and they had opted to focus on their respective careers. It was also revealed that they had made multiple attempts at repairing their relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
He often tends to dye his hair ‘pink’, ‘red’ or ‘blonde’.
- Unique hair colors
- Boyish good looks
As a member of EXO, Byun Baek-hyun has done endorsement work for the following brands –
- Kolon Sport
- Nature Republic
- IVY Club
- MCM Worldwide
- Lotte World
- Lotte Duty-Free
- Kangshifu Ice Tea
- Hats On
- Goobne Chicken
In April 2018, along with his Exo-CBX bandmates, he appeared in a TV commercial for Hyundai Kona Electric car. The band had opted to re-record Lee Sun-hee’s hit song Beautiful Gangsan and they recorded a new music video as an advertisement.
Best Known For
- Being a member of the popular Korean Chinese boy band, Exo. The band has a huge fan following in South Korea and has sold more than 31 million albums. They have also been regarded as one of the most popular boy bands in the world.
- Being a member of the Exo-K, which is a sub-group of Exo and Exo-CBX, which is a sub-unit of Exo.
In June 2013, his music group released their first studio album, XOXO, which was a tremendous hit in South Korea.
The first studio album recorded by Exo-CBX was Magic, which was released in May 2018 and sold more than 60k albums in Japan.
In 2014, Baekhyun released his debut song titled My Turn to Cry, as a lead artist.
First TV Show
In 2012, Byun Baek-hyun made his first TV show appearance in the drama series, To the Beautiful You.
Byun Baek-hyun works hard in the gym to sculpt his toned body. He also makes sure that he is eating right. Baekhyun has cut out all forms of carbs from his diet, which means grains, rice, and cereals are completely off the table. He just focuses on eating as much protein as possible.
Byun Baek-hyun Favorite Things
- Health Food – Gongjindan (Multi-Herbal Medicine)
- Childhood Influence – Rain
Byun Baek-hyun Facts
- He started training as a singer at the age of 11.
- While studying in high school, he served as a lead singer of a music band called Honsusangtae. They managed to win at various local music festivals.
- He has received piano training from Kim Hyun-woo, who is a member of the South Korean rock band DickPunks.
- He has received extensive training in martial arts and has managed to earn a dan 3 black belt in Hapkido, which is a Korean martial arts form.
- When he was discovered by SM Entertainment, he was preparing for the entrance exams to the Seoul Institute of the Arts.
- In January 2012, he was introduced as the 9th member of the boy band, Exo. It was also revealed that he would serve as the main vocalist of the band.
- In May 2015, it was revealed that he would play the lead role in the movie, Dokgo. But, in January 2016, it was announced that the plans to produce the movie were scrapped.
- In May 2018, it was announced that he was going to collaborate with Privé to launch his brand, Privé by BBH on July 1, 2018. He serves as the co-creative director of the brand.
- He held his first solo concert, ‘Baekhyun: Light’ in a digital format in January 2021.
- On January 21, 2021, he released his self-titled debut Japanese EP.
- In May 2021, Baekhyun was enlisted in South Korea’s mandatory military service. Due to his hypothyroidism diagnosis, he worked as a public service worker instead of an active-duty soldier. He was discharged from the military in February 2023.
- In June 2023, it was revealed that Baekhyun had ended his contract with SM Entertainment.
Featured Image by Kyunsoo / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 4.0