|Kyle Soller Quick Info
|5 ft 10 in
|Date of Birth
|July 1, 1983
Kyle Soller is an American actor, voice actor, and theatre artist who is known for working in a variety of theatre productions, shows, and movies. A recipient of the Olivier Award as well as the Evening Standard Award, his theatre credits include his performances in The Inheritance, Hedda Gabler, Long Day’s Journey Into Night, The Faith Machine, The Government Inspector, The Glass Menagerie, The Talented Mr. Ripley, and A Midsummer Night’s Dream. Growing up in Alexandria, Virginia, Kyle Soller later shifted to London, England after he was granted admission by the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA). Then, as his career flourished, he went on to appear in various TV shows such as Bad Education, Counterfeit Cat, Bounty Hunters, Poldark, The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses, 101 Dalmatian Street, and You, Me and the Apocalypse. His voice has also been a part of several video games while he has also appeared in a variety of movies such as Anna Karenina, The Fifth Estate, The Keeping Room, Monsters: Dark Continent, and The Trip to Spain.
Bridgeport, Connecticut, United States
London, England, United Kingdom
Kyle Soller went to the College of William & Mary, which a public research university located in Williamsburg, Virginia, United States, and majored in art history. During his 3rd year of studying at the university, he got a chance to study abroad for a semester and, hence, he studied at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA), located in London, England, United Kingdom, for that semester.
Later, Kyle Soller was offered admission by the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA) so he left the College of William & Mary and shifted to London, England to complete his studies at the academy.
Actor, Theatre Artist, Voiceover Artist
- Siblings – Kyle Soller has 4 siblings.
- Others – Stuart Fox (Father-In-Law) (Actor), Prue Clarke (Mother-In-Law) (Actress)
Kyle Soller is represented by Hamilton Hodell, Talent Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Kyle Soller has dated –
- Phoebe Fox – Kyle Soller is married to English actress and theatre artist, Phoebe Fox, whom he met at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA). After going out for a while, the couple decided to tie the knot and has been together since then.
Race / Ethnicity
- Slightly curly hair
- Lean physique
Kyle Soller has either endorsed or promoted a couple of brands through social media which include the likes of Audi UK, Louboutin Homme, and Paul Smith.
Best Known For
- Having worked in several productions such as The Inheritance, Hedda Gabler, Edward II, Long Day’s Journey Into Night, The Faith Machine, The Government Inspector, The Glass Menagerie, The Talented Mr. Ripley, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, and The Beautiful People
- Having been cast in a variety of roles in various shows such as Kevin Schwimer in Bad Education, Francis Poldark in Poldark, Clifford in The Hollow Crown: The Wars of the Roses, Scotty McNeil in You, Me and the Apocalypse, The Kid in Counterfeit Cat, and Dante in 101 Dalmatian Street
Kyle Soller made his first theatrical film appearance by playing the role of Korsunsky in the British historical romantic drama film, Anna Karenina, in 2012. Directed by Joe Wright, the film is based on Leo Tolstoy’s 1877 novel of the same name and stars Keira Knightley, Jude Law, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Kelly Macdonald, Matthew Macfadyen, Domhnall Gleeson, Ruth Wilson, and Alicia Vikander.
The film also won several awards in different categories such as Academy Award and British Academy Film Award for “Best Costume Design”, Critics’ Choice Award for “Best Art Direction” and “Best Costume Design”, and European Film Award for “Best Production Designer”.
First TV Show
Kyle Soller made his first TV show appearance as Kevin Schwimer in an episode, titled The American, of the British comedy sitcom, Bad Education, in September 2013. The show stars the likes of Jack Binstead, Harry Enfield, Kae Alexander, Nick Evans, Ethan Lawrence, Weruche Opia, Nikki Runeckles, Jack Whitehall, and Layton Williams.
As a voiceover artist, Kyle Soller made his TV show debut by providing vocals to the character of The Kid in an episode, titled Bin Juice, of the British-Canadian animated series, Counterfeit Cat, in May 2016.
He stays fit by leading an active life.
Kyle Soller Facts
- He grew up in Alexandria, Virginia, United States as he was born to a pharmacology lecturer at the University of California and a former concert pianist.
- Kyle Soller has worked in several stage productions and in the year 2011, he was cast in lead roles in The Glass Menagerie and The Government Inspector which were performed at the Young Vic as well as in The Faith Machine which was performed at the Royal Court Theatre. Later, he was awarded the Evening Standard Theatre Award in the “Outstanding Newcomer” category for his praiseworthy theatre performances. His wife, Phoebe Fox, was also nominated in the same category the same year.
- In 2012, he was cast in a lead role in the West End hit A Long Day’s Journey Into Night by playwright and Nobel laureate in Literature, Eugene O’Neill, which was performed at the Apollo Theatre located in the City of Westminster, London, England. The same year, he also appeared as Christian in a production of Cyrano de Bergerac by the Roundabout Theatre Company which was performed at the American Airlines Theatre in New York, United States.
- In 2015, Kyle Soller was cast as Scotty McNeil, who is the twin brother of Jenna Fischer‘s character on the show and a minor Washington bureaucrat in the Special Situations Group, in the British-American sci-fi comedy-drama miniseries, You, Me and the Apocalypse.
- He played the role of Francis Poldark in the historical period drama television series, Poldark (2015-2016), which is based on the novels by Winston Graham. He starred on the show alongside the likes of Aidan Turner, Eleanor Tomlinson, Heida Reed, Jack Farthing, Luke Norris, Ruby Bentall, Beatie Edney, and Pip Torrens.
- In 2019, he started providing vocals to the character named Dante in the British–Canadian animated children’s television series titled 101 Dalmatian Street.
- Kyle Soller has also appeared in a number of movies such as The Fifth Estate, The Keeping Room, Monsters: Dark Continent, Fury, Off the Page: Britain Isn’t Eating, Long Day’s Journey Into Night, A Moment to Move, The Trip to Spain, The Secret of Marrowbone, Bounty Hunters, The Titan, and Brexit: The Uncivil War.
- He has also worked as a voiceover artist for several video games such as Company of Heroes 2, Kinect Sports Rivals, Alien: Isolation, Dragon Quest Heroes: The World Tree’s Woe and the Blight Below, and Dragon Quest Heroes II.
- In 2018, his talents were further recognized as he won the Olivier Award for “Best Actor” for his performance as Eric Glass in The Inheritance.
- Follow Kyle Soller on Instagram.
Featured Image by Phoebe Fox / Instagram