|Carter Reum Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||February 5, 1981|
Carter Reum is an American author, entrepreneur, and venture capitalist who is best known for co-founding, in 2016, the angel investment and brand development firm M13 Ventures. The firm has been focused on start-up consumer product companies whose intention and brand messaging appeal to the trends that interest millennials in health, environmental concerns, and achievements. The firm was an early investor in organizations such as Ring, Lyft, Daily Harvest, Pinterest, Rothy’s, Thrive Market, Scopely, Tonal, Classpass, Heal, and Cue. In late 2007, he and his brother Courtney had launched an alcohol company called VeeV which soon became a national best-selling brand that was available in bars, restaurants, national chains, top retailers, high-end flights, and hotel chains across the United States. Before the brothers sold the brand in 2016, it had been honored as an ‘Inc 500 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America’, named as one of Beverage Information‘s ‘Rising Stars’, and had received the ‘Technomic Fast 50’ award.
Carter Milliken Reum
Wayne, Illinois, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Carter, after his high school graduation, had joined, in 1999, the Columbia University, a private Ivy League research university in New York City. He had graduated from there in 2003.
Author, Entrepreneur, Venture Capitalist
- Father – W. Robert Reum (Businessman, Former Chairman, President, and CEO of Amsted Industries)
- Mother – Sherry Reum
- Siblings – Courtney Reum (Brother) (Entrepreneur, Product Developer, Venture Capitalist, Former Investment Banker at Goldman Sachs)
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Carter has dated –
- Paris Hilton (2019-Present) – On January 5, 2020, after the Golden Globes awards ceremony, Carter and American model, businesswoman, socialite, music producer, fashion designer, singer, DJ, and author Paris Hilton had attended the after-party hosted by InStyle and Warner Bros. They were spotted holding hands and showing PDA, indicating that the relationship had started in 2019. On December 5, 2020, they celebrated their 1st anniversary. In January 2021, Paris had revealed on Mara Schiavocampo‘s podcast that the couple was trying to conceive via IVF (In vitro fertilization) treatment. They got engaged on February 13, 2021, marking her 40th birthday, on a private island. The couple tied the knot on November 11, 2021, in Bel-Air, California.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Toned physique
- Side-cropped, spiked hair
- Often sports a light stubble
- Affable smile
Carter Reum Facts
- Carter’s angel investment and brand development firm M13 Ventures was named after Messier 13, the brightest cluster of stars in the galaxy where the collection of stars shines brighter than the sum of its individual parts.
- He has been featured in certain episodes of the TV series Hatched and has also made appearances as a guest and a commentator on several TV networks such as CBS and Fox.
- He has co-written, with Courtney, a book titled Shortcut Your Startup: Speed Up Success with Unconventional Advice from the Trenches (January 2018). The book uses the brothers’ experiences in creating firms and investing in high-potential companies to teach young entrepreneurs how to achieve their goals.
- He has also contributed as a writer for Huffington Post and Inc. Magazine.
- He is fluent in both English and French.
- In August 2021, Carter and Paris Hilton purchased a Malibu-based 2,968 square feet beach house for $8.4 million.
Featured Image by Carter Reum / Instagram