|Catherine Taber Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||December 30, 1979|
Catherine Taber is an aspiring American actress and voice-over actress who is best known for lending her voice to the character of Padmé Amidala in Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008-2014) and Lori Loud on The Loud House. Her prominence also includes voicing various characters in the animated show Robot Chicken (2012-2018) and Medusa in Guardians of the Galaxy. Besides being known for her work in film and television, Catherine is also noted for her work with characters in various hit video games like Final Fantasy XII (2006), Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (2010), Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City (2012), Marvel Heroes (2013), Minecraft: Story Mode (2015), as well as 5 games from the Star Wars series.
Catherine Anne Taber
Georgia, United States
Actress, Voice-Over Actress
- Father – War Veteran
Catherine is represented by Dean Panaro of KMR Talent and Sandie.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
- Thin eyebrows
- Wide smile
- She has a mole on the left side of her upper lip.
Catherine has lent her voice for many commercials including Limited Too.
Best Known For
- Lending her voice to the character of Padmé Amidala in Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008-2014), Lori Loud on The Loud House, various characters in Robot Chicken (2012-2018), and Medusa in Guardians of the Galaxy (2016)
- Voicing the character of Rogue in X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse (2005), Princess Leia in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (2008), Padmé Amidala in Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Republic Heroes (2009), Shanna the She-Devil in Marvel Heroes (2013), and April O’Neil in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (2013)
- Being cast in several films such as The First to Go (1997), Gang Land (1998), and Just Like Heaven (2005)
- Starring in many shows like Conrad Bloom (1998), Stroker and Hoop (2005), and Jane the Virgin (2016)
- Being nominated for a National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers award in 2006
She made her debut feature film appearance as a secretary in John L. Jacobs’s romedy movie The First To Go in 1997.
As a voice actress, Catherine made her theatrical film debut as the character Padmé Amidala in the sci-fi animated film Star Wars: The Clone Wars in 2008.
First TV Show
Catherine made her first TV show appearance on the sitcom Union Square in 1997.
As a voice actress, she lent her voice for the first time to the character of Miss Hoe Cakes in Stroker and Hoop in 2005.
Catherine is a trained martial artist and also takes an interest in ballet lessons, both of which are great cardio activities that help in losing excessive fat while having fun.
Catherine Taber Favorite Things
- Episodes From Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 1 – Rookies (Episode 5) (2008), Bombad Jedi (Episode 8) (2008), Innocents of Ryloth (Episode 20) (2009)
- Episodes From Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 2 – Senate Spy (Episode 4) (2009)
- Film Series – Star Wars
- Film From The Star Wars Series – The Empire Strikes Back (1980)
Source – StarWarsInterviews1.blogspot.com, Teekay-421.be
Catherine Taber Facts
- She was raised in Georgia. Later, Catherine moved to Los Angeles.
- Initially, she had moved to Los Angeles in pursuit of becoming an actress. Along the way, she came across a voice-over agent who found her to be suited for the job and signed her on instantly.
- Growing up, she loved watching sci-fi and fantasy themed shows and films and during her late teens, she turned into a hardcore Star Wars fan. On the other hand, Catherine is also very fond of the animated character SpongeBob Square Pants.
- She is a dedicated veteran supporter, given the fact that her father also served in the military. In the past, Catherine also founded a charitable organization called Games For Soldiers. The foundation is dedicated to accepting video game donations that are then sent to soldiers posted in highly active areas like Afghanistan and Iraq.
- In the past, she had adopted a Jack Russell Terrier named Penelo Zissou Amidala Taber. Catherine named her dog after the character she had voiced in the video game, Final Fantasy XII in 2006.
- She was nominated for a National Academy of Video Game Trade Reviewers award for “Supporting Role in a Drama” for the game Final Fantasy XII in 2006.
- She attended ballet lessons when she quite young. However, she had stopped in between and resumed classes again in June 2016.
- Catherine doesn’t shy away from an alcoholic drink every now and then. She is also a huge foodie and loves eating sushi in particular.
- Not many may know this, but Catherine has voiced various well-known video game characters like Rogue in X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse (2005), Princess Leia in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (2008), Padmé Amidala in Star Wars: The Clone Wars – Republic Heroes (2009), Shanna the She-Devil in Marvel Heroes (2013), and April O’Neil in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows (2013).
- Besides lending her voice to several characters in films, televisions, and games, Catherine has also worked on audio books like Gods in Alabama (2005), Star Wars: Empire & Rebellion: Razor’s Edge (2013), and Gray Mountain (2014).
- Over the years, she has worked with many famous celebrities like Reese Witherspoon, Soleil Moon Frye, and Wil Wheaton.
- She is also looked up to as a ‘geek goddess’ amongst the people in the sci-fi, fantasy, and gaming communities.
- Catherine’s first voice-over job was for the video game Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (2003).
- In an interview, Catherine once stated that she has a naturally similar voice to actress Natalie Portman, which explains the reason behind her success of the character Padmé Amidala in the Star Wars animated film, TV, and gaming series.
- She enjoys reading books by writer Timothy Zahn.
- Catherine has been said to be a lookalike of Scarlett O’Hara.
- She is a huge fan of British actress Vivien Leigh, Welsh actress Catherine Zeta-Jones, English actress Helen Mirren, actor Harrison Ford, as well as comedian and producer Denis Leary.
- Catherin enjoyed watching the movies Legend (2015), Gone With the Wind (1939), and the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
- She can speak in various accents like British, Irish, and French. Catherine can also make the sound of a firearm.
- Besides being a well-noted actress and voice-over actress, she is skilled at sailing, riding a horse, and motion capture. Apart from that, Catherine is also a trained martial artist.
- She is affiliated with the Screen Actors Guild‐American Federation of Television and Radio Artists labor union.
- Visit her official website @ catherinetaber.com.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image By Catherine Taber / Instagram