|Scott Porter Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||July 14, 1979|
Scott Porter is an American actor, voice actor, and occasional singer who is known for playing Jason Street in the NBC television drama Friday Night Lights, George Tucker in The CW comedy-drama series Hart of Dixie, Blake Calamar in the CBS legal and political drama series The Good Wife, Mayor Paul Randolph in the Netflix dramedy Ginny & Georgia, and Timothy “Tim” Armstrong in the CBS drama series Scorpion. The actor has also been cast in movies like The Good Guy, The To Do List, Dear John, 10 Years, and Bandslam.
Matthew Scott Porter
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
Scott Porter studied at Lake Howell High School in Winter Park, Florida, and graduated in 1997. During his time there, he was a wide receiver on the football team.
He then got enrolled at the University of Central Florida and sang vocal percussion in an a cappella vocal group, 4:2:Five.
Actor, Voice Actor, Occasional Singer
- Father – Robin Porter
- Mother – Merle “Butch” Porter
- Siblings – Brendan Porter (Younger Brother), Ariana Porter (Younger Sister)
- Others – William Arthur “Bill” Porter, Sr. (Paternal Grandfather), Leona Mae Roost (Paternal Grandmother)
Scott Porter has been signed with –
- Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Viewpoint, Inc., Public Relations Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
6 ft or 183 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Scott Porter has dated –
- Kelsey Mayfield (2008-Present) – He met casting director Kelsey Mayfield on the set of Friday Night Lights and the duo started dating in 2008. She is a former University of Texas cheerleader whom Scott married in April 2013, with screenwriter and director Jamie Linden as one of his groomsmen. They parent 2 children – a son named McCoy Lee (b. May 2015) and a daughter named Clover Ash (b. August 2017).
Race / Ethnicity
He is of German, English, and Irish descent.
- Deep-set eyes
- Thin lips
Scott Porter Favorite Things
- X-Men Characters – Nightcrawler, Psylocke, Havok
Source – IMDb
Scott Porter Facts
- One of his schoolmates at Lake Howell High School included Jamie Linden.
- During his university years, he worked as a babysitter and “didn’t have time to party.”
- Scott Porter made his theatrical film debut by playing Colin Thompson in the 2007 romantic comedy film, Music and Lyrics.
- He co-starred as Rusty Waters in the romantic comedy film, The To Do List, in 2013.
- From 2016 to 2017, he provided vocals to the character of Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider in the superhero animated television series, Ultimate Spider-Man.
- Scott Porter played Mayor Paul Randolph, the mayor of Wellsbury, Massachusetts who is up for reelection and is considered as the town’s most eligible bachelor who becomes Georgia’s love interest, in Ginny & Georgia in 2021.
- His Ginny & Georgia co-stars included Brianne Howey, Antonia Gentry, Diesel La Torraca, Jennifer Robertson, Felix Mallard, Sara Waisglass, and Raymond Ablack.
- If Scott Porter were asked to pick a Marvel hero to play, he’d choose Hawkeye.
- He is a sports enthusiast and a huge comic book fan.
- Scott has done voiceover work for video games like X-Men: Destiny, Lego DC Super-Villains, Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series, Batman: Arkham Knight, and Minecraft: Story Mode.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0