|Catherine Zeta-Jones Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||September 25, 1969|
Catherine Zeta-Jones is a Welsh actress and voiceover artist who started acting at a young age and was cast in the productions of musicals Annie and Bugsy Malone. Over the years, she has worked in movies like America’s Sweethearts, Traffic, The Mask of Zorro, Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas, Entrapment, Ocean’s Twelve, Rock of Ages, Death Defying Acts, The Terminal, The Haunting, Chicago, No Reservations, Cocaine Godmother, and The Phantom.
Swansea, Wales, United Kingdom
Bedford, New York, United States
Catherine attended Hazel Johnson School of Dance to learn dancing.
Jones went to Dumbarton House School in Swansea. Due to her interest in acting, she didn’t obtain her O-levels.
Catherine then enrolled herself into Arts Educational Schools in Chiswick, London to do a course in Musical Theatre.
Actress, Voiceover Artist
- Father – David Jones (Sweet-Factory Owner)
- Mother – Patricia (née Fair) (Seamstress)
- Siblings – David A. Jones (Older Brother) (Film Producer), Lyndon Jones (Younger Brother) (Worked as a sales representative before venturing into film production, Stunt Performer)
- Others – Bertram G. Jones (Paternal Grandfather), Zeta Davies Jones (Paternal Grandmother), William Edgar Fair (Maternal Grandfather), Catherine Fair (Maternal Grandmother)
She is signed to –
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment, Talent and Literary Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Management 360, Talent Management Company, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Catherine Zeta-Jones has dated –
- John Leslie (1991-1993) – From 1991 to August 1993, she was romantically linked with Scottish actor, John Leslie.
- Paul McGann (1995) – She was RUMORed to be in a relationship with British actor, Paul McGann in 1995 when they appeared together in the A&E movie, Catherine the Great.
- Angus Macfadyen (1995-1996) – Post that, she started dating another Scottish actor, Angus Macfadyen in 1995. They got engaged shortly after that. But, they called off their engagement in 1996.
- Jon Peters (1996) – In 1996, she briefly dated American film producer, Jon Peters. He is about 24 years her senior.
- Mick Hucknall (1998) – In 1998, she had an encounter with English singer Mick Hucknall.
- Michael Douglas (1999-Present) – In March 1999, Catherine commenced dating American actor, Michael Douglas who is exactly 25 years her senior (They have their birthdays on September 25). However, they met in August 1998 during the Deauville Film Festival in France. The duo got engaged on December 31, 1999. On November 18, 2000, the couple got married at the Plaza Hotel in New York City. The couple has two children, Dylan Michael (b. August 8, 2000) and daughter Carys Zeta (b. April 20, 2003). They had also reportedly split from May 2013 to early November 2013. As of now, they are living together happily.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Welsh ancestry on her father’s side while she is of Welsh and Irish descent on his mother’s side.
- Alluring deep voice
- Sexy Irish looks
37-25-36 in or 94-63.5-91.5 cm
6 (US) or 38 (EU)
9 (US) or 6.5 (UK) or 39.5 (EU)
Catherine has appeared in numerous TV commercials. Some of them are –
- Alfa-Romeo Sportwagon
- VoiceStream Wireless (2002)
- T Mobile (2002)
- Elizabeth Arden (2004)
- Sainsbury’s supermarkets
She has also appeared in couple of print ads for VoiceStream Wireless, Elizabeth Arden, T-Mobile, etc.
Best Known For
- Her acting roles in various films such as Griselda Blanco in The Godmother (2016), Patricia Whitmore in the Rock of Ages (2012), and various others
- Playing the role of Velma Kelly, a showgirl, in the 2002 American musical crime film, Chicago, for which she received Academy Award and Critics’ Choice Movie Award for “Best Supporting Actress”, British Academy Film Award for “Best Actress in a Supporting Role”, and Screen Actors Guild for “Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role”
Catherine debuted with French-Italian fantasy film Les 1001 nuits for her role as Scheherazade.
First TV Show
From 1991 to 1993, Jones played the role as Mariette in the ITV comedy drama series The Darling Buds of May.
She loves exercising. But, she doesn’t employ a personal trainer to meet her fitness needs. In Westchester, she also has a private home-based gym where she spends at least 45 minutes to do the workout.
She never skips even a single day to spend time in the gym.
She brings variation in her workouts by doing swimming, whenever she can. It is a good fat burning cardio workout. Though, she stopped swimming later. But, she plays golf in which she walks at least a couple of miles in a session.
Hula hoop dancing workout also remains in her to-do list. She does it for 20 minutes a day.
Overall, the workout helps Catherine relieve her mood and increase her fitness levels, at the same time.
Catherine follows the Hay Diet.
Catherine Zeta-Jones Favorite Things
- Food – Salmon, potato chips
- Movies – She does not watch movies (She only watches during Oscars as she has to vote for a film)
- Perfume – Elizabeth Arden Pretty
- Sport – Rugby
- Candy Bar – Milky Way
- Book – The Great Gatsby (By Scott Fitzgerald)
- Flower – Rose
Catherine Zeta-Jones Facts
- Catherine was actually named after her grandmothers, Catherine Fair and Zeta-Jones.
- She has a production company, entitled Milkwood Films.
- She is very skilled at tap-dancing. She was the tap dancing champion in Britain by the age of 11.
- She has treated herself for bipolar II disorder multiple times in the past. The first time being in April 2011.
- Until now, she has contributed (as a singer) in the soundtracks of various films (almost dozen), she has appeared in.
- In 2005, Jones was entitled Hasty Pudding’s Woman of the Year.
- In 2010 Birthday Honours, she was chosen as the Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE).
- At 12, Catherine Zeta-Jones commenced her acting career.
- Because she is into movies, so she doesn’t watch them.
- If she weren’t an actress, she would have been a lawyer as a lawyer is also an actor, but in court.
- She has shared a friendly bond with singer Bonnie Tyler who also sang at her wedding.
- She is also friends with actress Pam Ferris.
- She was born at 2:40 PM (MET).
- From 2018 to 2019, she starred as Vicki Ellis, a beauty pageant coach from Oklahoma, in the American black comedy web television series, Queen America.
- She relaxes by sleeping and reading.
- In July 2021, it was revealed that Catherine and Michael Douglas had listed their 5,000 square feet apartment in New York City for $21.5 million. In January 2022, they lowered the listed price of the Upper West Side apartment to $19.5 million.
- Visit her official website @ catherinezetajones.com.
- Connect with Catherine on Facebook and Instagram.