|Chelsea Royce Tavares Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 22, 1991|
Chelsea Royce Tavares is an aspiring American actress, songwriter, and singer who is known for having starred in the series of Unfabulous (2004–2007) as Cranberry and in Just Jordan (2007–2008) as Autumn Williams. Apart from that, she has also appeared in a number of other hit shows such as CSI: Miami (2010), The Middle (2011), Make It or Break It (2012), Bones (2015), Lethal Weapon (2017), and All American (2018). Chelsea is also accounted for her roles in the films Solace (2015), A Royal Family Christmas (2015), and Fright Night (2011). In 2012, she earned recognition as a singer with the release of her original track Tea Party. She then released her 2nd single titled Beautiful Gangsta 2 months later. Besides that, she has also released 2 other songs, Out There (2016) and How Do I Love You (2018) on SoundCloud under the name Royce.
With time, she has also garnered a huge fan base with more than 100k followers on Instagram and more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Chelsea Royce Tavares
Panorama City, Los Angeles, California, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Actress, Singer, Songwriter
- Father – Norman T Russell
- Mother – Robin Tavares Russell
- Siblings – Kylee Russell (Younger Sister) (Actress, Singer, Songwriter), Halle Russell (Younger Sister) (Singer, Songwriter)
Chelsea is represented by –
- Greg Edwards Management
- Innovative Artists
- NTR Associates, Music & Film Inc.
She has released her music with NTR Productions in 2012.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
47 kg or 103.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Chelsea has dated –
- Lil’ JJ (2007) – Stand-up comedian, musician, actor, and dancer Lil’ JJ and Chelsea were speculated to have been dating one another in 2007. The duo worked together in the show Just Jordan that year. However, there had been no other evidence to prove that they were dating.
- Joshua Bowen (2015-Present) – Chelsea started dating a guy named Joshua Bowen on November 18, 2015. The two can often be seen in rather intimate pictures with one another on Chelsea’s Instagram account. Despite that, Chelsea hasn’t spoken about her personal life in public as of July 2019.
Race / Ethnicity
She has Cape Verdean heritage.
- She has a tattoo of a cross on the underside of her left wrist.
- Chelsea wears a nose ring.
- Afro hairstyle
- Thick eyebrows
She has appeared in commercials for several brands including Reese’s, Toyota, Sprite, Applebee’s International, Inc., and Progressive.
Through her social media, Chelsea has done endorsement work for a number of brands like Taliah Waajid and MeUndies.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Cranberry in Unfabulous (2004–2007) and as Autumn Williams in Just Jordan (2007–2008)
- Her guest appearance as Tracy Newsom in CSI: Miami (2010), Jordan Randall in Make It or Break It (2012), Sabrina Clevenger in Bones (2015), Crystal in Lethal Weapon (2017), and as Patience in All American (2018)
- Her appearance in several films such as Solace (2015), A Royal Family Christmas (2015), and Fright Night (2011)
- Her incredible performance as Young Nala in Disney’s Broadway production of Lion King
- Being the older sister of actress, singer, and songwriter Kylee Russell
As a Singer
Chelsea released her debut original track titled Tea Party on April 19, 2012. Later, she released her 2nd single titled Beautiful Gangsta on July 1, 2012. A video version of the song was released on January 5, 2013. It also features music artist Young Keno who has worked with highrises like rapper Lil Wayne and dancer, actor, singer, and songwriter Lloyd.
She also released 2 originals via SoundCloud under her maiden name Royce. The songs are Out There (2016) and How Do I Love You (2018). Besides that, Chelsea and her sisters Kylee and Halle formed a group called Driftridge under which, they came up with an original titled My Christmas Love which was released on December 14, 2015.
Chelsea made her debut theatrical film appearance as Cara in Fright Night in 2011.
First TV Show
She made her first TV show appearance as Angie Dayton in The District in 2001.
Chelsea has not yet spoken about her workout routine publicly. However, her pictures do reveal that she has a well-toned and lean physique. This suggests that she probably leads a very active lifestyle full of outdoor cardio activities like trekking, rock climbing, swimming, or she does go to the gym.
Chelsea Royce Tavares Favorite Things
- Color – Turquoise
- Movies – Mean Girls (2004), The Notebook (2004), Girl Interrupted (1999), Now and Then (1995), A Little Princess (1939), Stand By Me (1986), The Goonies (1985)
- Singer – Beyonce Knowles
- Actress – Rachel McAdams, Brittany Murphy, Angelina Jolie
Source – YouTube
Chelsea Royce Tavares Facts
- She was raised in California alongside her 2 younger sisters Kylee Russell and Halle Russell.
- Chelsea had always wanted to be a princess since she was a little girl and even at the age of 20, she wanted to be one.
- Kylee who is the middle child is also an actress, known for her role as Eliza in the popular TV film Z-O-M-B-I-E-S (2018).
- Her first love is her belief in God.
- During her younger days, Chelsea was part of either the girl scout troop 1832 or 1823.
- Chelsea isn’t afraid to watch horror movies and enjoys the thrill she gets from it.
- In the past, Chelsea along with her incredibly talented younger sisters Kylee and Halle formed the pop music group titled Dandridge. They released their first official song titled My Christmas Love on December 14, 2015, but seemed to have discontinued the group as no further songs were released thereafter.
- Chelsea started an eponymous YouTube channel in December 2011, to which she would upload music cover, vlogs, and travel content. The first video she uploaded was a black and white video titled “Lua cover by Chelsea Tavares and Kylee Russell.”
- Before Chelsea was cast on Nickelodeon’s Unfabulous in 2004, she guest-starred in The District (2001) and The Practice (2003). She was 9 years old when she made her first TV show appearance in 2001.
- After starring in a number of shows, Chelsea was featured in her first silver screen film Fright Night (2011) alongside actor Anton Yelchin, Colin Farrell, Toni Collette, Imogen Poots, and David Tennant, and many more. She was 19 years old at the time.
- Chelsea does not like smoking.
- In 2012, she had 2 dogs a German shepherd and greyhound mix named Biscuit and a Maltese named Jeya.
- She is a huge fan of actress Rachel McAdams. However, she looks up to singer and songwriter Beyonce Knowles as her guru.
- Chelsea once stated that she would really want to do a film just like actress Angelina Jolie’s Girl Interrupted (1999).
- As of 2012, she had two tattoos the first being a cross with the scripture of ’Philippians 4:6’ on the underside of her wrist. It reads “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God”. Her 2nd tattoo is the initials for “Cape Verdian Princess” with the crown on the ‘P’ tattooed on the right side of her lower stomach area. However, her mother does not like the idea of her having tattoos on her body.
- She also has a piercing on her belly button.
- In order to play her character Jordan Randall in Make It or Break It (2012), she was asked to remove her industrial bar piercing.
- During her early 20s, Chelsea was experiencing anxiety problems. In order to cope with situations as such, she would repeat the process of squeezing her fist and releasing it while breathing deeply until she did not calm down.
- Her mother is a really good artist. With the help of her mother’s incredible skills, she hoped to be able to design her own clothing line.
- In 2015, she lent her vocals to the character of Glory in the hit action game Fallout 4.
- She is a complete adventurer and enjoys exploring places and hanging out with friends.
- During her early 20s, she would prefer to wear a beanie, t-shirt, jeans, and a pair of dirty converse to a club rather than something fancy. Only, so that, she could perform a ghetto and slip into shuffling.
- Chelsea is a member of the Actors’ Equity Association and the Screen Actors Guild‐American Federation of Television and Radio Artists.
- Her biggest fear is being kidnapped.
- She must keep her lipgloss with her at any time of the day. She is also obsessed with Takis chips and cannot do without drinking a cup of tea daily, whether that be mint tea or chai tea.
- Tavares strives “to be a productive, positive role model in the entertainment industry and in society.” She is also the “Hope Girl,” the brand ambassador for a non-profit organization called Seed Of Hope.
- Tavares is also known for playing the lead character Young Nala in the theater production of Lion King.
- Besides acting, she has also lent her vocals as a voice actor in several commercials such as Frito Lays and Cosmeo.
- Her vocal range is Mezzo Soprano and Soprano.
- Chelsea didn’t quite take a liking to her younger sister Kylee when she was born as she had not been the only child born to Norman and Robin. However, gradually the two sisters built a strong relationship which also leads them being each other’s backbone.
- Even though her youngest sister Halle hasn’t found her lead into the entertainment industry as of July 2019, she can be seen singing alongside her sisters in videos that are uploaded to Chelsea’s YouTube channel.
- Follow her on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
Featured Image By Chelsea Royce Tavares / Instagram