|Cheteshwar Pujara Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 25, 1988|
Cheteshwar Pujara is an Indian Test cricketer who is often referred to as the 2nd wall of Indian cricket. He represents Saurashtra in domestic cricket and is a right-handed batsman who made his first-class debut for Saurashtra in 2005. According to ICC test rankings 2019, he has been ranked as the 4th best test batsman in the world. In 2010, during India’s summer tour in England, he was the highest run-scorer of the series for team India. He made his first double 100 against England in Ahmedabad in 2012 and went onto score another double hundred in 2013 against Australia, winning the man of the match as well.
Cheteshwar Arvind Pujara
Rajkot, Gujarat, India
Rajkot, Gujarat, India
He has attended the Virani High School and then completed his graduation in Bachelors in Business Administration.
- Father – Arvind Pujara (Cricketer)
- Mother – (Late) Reena Pujara
- Others – Bipin Pujara (Uncle)
Right-Arm Leg Break
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Pujara has dated –
- Puja Pabari (2013-Present) – Puja and Cheteshwar got married in 2013. They have a daughter named Aditi.
Race / Ethnicity
He has endorsed brands like –
- SBI Life Insurance
Cheteshwar Pujara Favorite Things
- Shot – Behind-cut
- Food – Ganthiya, Jalebi, Sev-Tamatar curry, Dhokli Nu Shaak, Italian, Mexican
- Destination – Cape Town
- Hobbies – Working out
- Actor – Amitabh Bachchan, Johnny Depp
- Singer – Lata Mangeshkar
Source – LivingFoodz.com, Hindustan Times
Cheteshwar Pujara Facts
- He is the second-fastest to score 1000 runs for India in Test Cricket.
- His father and uncle, both are former cricketers.
- He lost his mother due to cancer when he was 17 years old.
- He came to limelight when he scored a record 306 runs in West Zone U-19 Cricket in Baroda in the past.
- Cheteshwar uses to travel to Mumbai during vacations for his cricket training.
- He made his U-19 debut in 2005 against England.
- He was awarded the Emerging Cricketer of the year award in the longer format in 2013.
- Cheteshwar also received an Arjuna Award in 2017.
- He is considered to be very honest and spiritual.
- He represented Derbyshire for their last 3 Championship fixtures during the 2014-15 season.
- Karsan Ghavri has been Pujara’s mentor.
- His father decided to put him in cricket after he saw his photograph playing cricket during his childhood.
- Pujara follows Hariprasadji Maharaj from Gondal near Rajkot and considers him his spiritual guru.
- By 2013, Pujara had scored 3 triple centuries.
- He made his test debut for India against Australia in 2010.
- His breakthrough match was in 2012 against New Zealand, where he scored 159 runs.
- He scored a double 100 in 2013 against Australia and became the 2nd fastest Indian to reach the 1000 run milestone in terms of innings.
- In 2017, he set a new record against Bangladesh for the most runs by a batsman in an Indian first-class season, with 1,605 runs.
- As of November 2019, he has set various records like highest 2nd innings score of 153 by any Indian batsmen in South Africa, most balls faced by an Indian in a Test inning: 525, and for being the 3rd batsman for India, and 9th overall, to bat on all five days of a Test.
- He played for Kolkata Night Riders for the first 3 seasons of the Indian Premier League.
- He is referred to as the test specialist and the 2nd wall of Indian cricket.
Featured Image by Cheteshwar Pujara / Instagram