|Chris Fischer Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
Chris Fischer is an American professional culinary chef, farmer, entrepreneur, tutor, and an author who is recognized for having married the beautiful stand-up comedian Amy Schumer. He is the 12th generation islander to have lived on Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts. Chris is also known for having won several awards for his delicious dishes such as the Coastal New England Rising Stars Award by StarChefs.com and the James Beard Award for his perfectly authored book titled The Beetlebung Farm Cookbook.
Chris Fischer was born in 1980.
Chilmark, Massachusetts, United States
Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts, United States
Chef, Author, Entrepreneur, Farmer, Chef Tutor
- Father – Albert Fischer (Farmer, Fisherman)
- Mother – Artist and Public School Teacher (d. 2005)
- Siblings – Molly Fischer (Sister). He also has a brother.
Chris self-manages his career.
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris has dated –
- Amy Schumer (2017-Present) – Chris and actress Amy Schumer started dating in November 2017. The couple dated for almost 2 months before announcing that they had got married on February 13, 2018, in Malibu. Chris had proposed to her in the middle of the night while she was sleeping. In October 2018, Amy announced via her Instagram, that they were expecting a baby.
Race / Ethnicity
Short stubble beard
Best Known For
- Winning several awards such as the Coastal New England Rising Stars Award for delicious cooking
- Receiving the 2016 James Beard Award for the book The Beetlebung Farm Cookbook
Chris Fischer Favorite Things
- Season – Fall
Source – Boston Globe
Chris Fischer Facts
- He was born and raised by parents who were farmers that lived on Martha’s Vineyard. His father, Albert worked as a commercial fisherman.
- Chris found his inspiration in food from his father’s recipes. He even learned how to cook from his father while growing up. His father also taught him how to fish, farm, and go hunting.
- He worked at the Beach Plum Inn & Restaurant, Chilmark from 2013 to 2015 and in 2014, he was presented with the Coastal New England Rising Stars Award by StarChefs.com.
- Chris’s grandfather bought a farm named the Beetlebung Farm on Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts in 1961.
- In 2015, he published a book titled The Beetlebung Farm Cookbook that he co-wrote with author Catherine Young. The book won the James Beard Award in 2016.
- His birth marked the 12th generation to be born on the island.
- In the past, he founded The Covington Restaurant in Edgartown.
- He has also tutored children part-time at Boston University‘s Metropolitan College Programs in Food & Wine.
- His grandfather who was one the first farmers on Beetlebung Farms passed away in 2011. His grandmother used to run a beauty salon which was later on converted into a house for herself.
- In 2005, after the death of his mother in New York City, New York, he moved back to Chilmark.
- He has worked at several famous restaurants like the Mario Batali’s NYC restaurant, Rome’s Sustainable Food Project, and the London River Café and St. John Bread and Wine.
- His book’s inspiration began with his goat named Kale, who was cooked into a roast because of its annoying habits.
- He is often confused as a look alike of actor Jon Hamm.
- He is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Chris Fischer / Instagram