|Cody Ko Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||November 22, 1990|
Cody Ko is a Canadian stand-up comedian turned actor who gained a large following on YouTube for his reaction videos of Instagram content, and That’s Cringe series that he films with his friend, Noel Miller. He also runs 2 YouTube podcast channels. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 3 million subscribers on YouTube, more than 1 million followers on Instagram, and more than 1 million followers on Twitter.
Cody Michael Kolodziejzyk
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Venice, California, United States
He graduated from Springbank Community High School as an Honor roll student. Owing to his diving skills, he gained admission to Duke University. Cody eventually became the captain of the varsity swimming and diving team. He competed in the 2008 Olympic trials and qualified for the 2012 Olympic trials.
He graduated from Duke University in May 2012 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and a certificate in Markets & Management.
Actor, Comedian, YouTuber, Podcaster, Rapper, DJ, Software Engineer / Former Senior iOS Engineer at Fullscreen Inc.
- Father – Gregory Kolodziejzyk aka Greg (Cyclist / Endurance Athlete, Entrepreneur, Motivational Speaker, CEO of AlgoLab)
- Mother – Helen Kolodziejzyk (Endurance Athlete, Accountant)
- Siblings – Krista Anne (Sister)
- Others – Rudi Kolodziejzyk (Paternal Grandfather), Elizabeth Kolodziejzyk (Paternal Grandmother), Alan Kolodziejzyk (Paternal Uncle) (Owner of AK-Signs), Carol Short (Paternal Aunt), Theresa Lor (Paternal Aunt), Ryan Short (Cousin), Andrew Lor (Cousin), Nicholas aka Nick Lor (Cousin)
Cody is represented by –
- United Talent Agency (UTA)
- Mahzad Babayan, Director, Fullscreen Media
Comedy Hip-hop, Parody Rap
Independently puts up music on SoundCloud & Spotify
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Cody Ko has dated –
- Kelsey Kreppel (2017–Present) – Cody started dating content creator Kelsey Kreppel in 2017. They met in June 2017 at a party and developed an instant connection after they took up the cinnamon challenge.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Polish ancestry.
- Observational, self-deprecating and sarcastic sense of humor
- People often tell him that he resembles Jason Sudeikis.
- Some of the brands that Cody signed up with for online promotion are Trojan (2016), Natty light Beverage (2016), Bud Light (2016), 8-month long endorsement of AXE hair products (2017), Honey Shopping app (2017)
- He was also cast in a Ford commercial in 2016.
- He got his first YouTube sponsorship by Dollar Shave Club (2017).
Best Known For
- Gaining fame by making Vines and having 2.9 million followers when the application shut down
- Having more than 3 million subscribers on YouTube. His reaction videos and podcasts with fellow comedian/collaborator Noel Miller is the most popular content viewed on his channel.
- His other channels named Cody & Ko, Tiny Meat Gang Podcast, and Insanely Chill
As a Singer
In collaboration with Noel Miller, Cody released a parody Hip-Hop/Rap music EP called Bangers & Ass on Spotify on December 15, 2017.
First Web Series
He made his first web show appearance as himself on GOAT Rodeo in 2017.
Due to his erratic lifestyle, Cody usually goes through brief phases of intense training at the gym. His training is usually motivated by the pressure of an upcoming acting job. When he is not preparing for a role, the comedian prefers skateboarding, surfing, and swimming to other forms of activity.
His parents are avid endurance athletes who have participated in several marathons and triathlons. Cody signed up for his first marathon in March 2016 and finished in 03:43:48. He ran a 15 km race in 2017 while he was suffering from the flu and ran another marathon in October 2017 with only 2 weeks of training.
Cody Ko Favorite Things
- Athlete – His father, Chinese Olympic diver Tian Liang
- Color – Blue
- Movie – Crank (2006)
- Celebrity Crush – Alison Brie
Source – Go Duke, YouTube, YouTube
Cody Ko Facts
- He was a part of Vine’s first long-form original mini-series called Camp Unplug (2016).
- He worked as an iOS Developer and Software Engineer in California for 3 years that allowed him to save enough money to travel South East Asia and Australia for 8 months while working from his laptop.
- While traveling South East Asia and Australia with one of his best friends Devon Townsend, Cody started a greeting card website named sick.af which made enough money to allow the comedian and his friend to travel the world for 8 months.
- He worked on creating an Apple TV application while working as an iOS engineer at Fullscreen which was declared as one of the best applications of 2016.
- The comedian likes to call his followers “coasters” or “Cody’s coasters”.
- He started content creation with Vine in 2014 and became a YouTuber a few months later.
- He does not smoke weed but likes to drink alcohol.
- In 2015, Cody settled in Los Angeles, California to establish himself as an actor and comedian in the American entertainment industry.
- Cody was a competent swimmer and diver in school and won the title of Dive Calgary “Senior Male Athlete of the Year” in 2008.
- In some of his early YouTube videos, Cody gave away his concern about growing older which triggered a consistent fire of jokes about “Cody being middle-aged” by his followers.
- It takes the comedian about 12 hours to create one YouTube video.
- He prefers the podcast format because it does not require hours of editing and feels like a more authentic presentation of his thoughts and opinions.
- To go through Cody’s latest merchandise visit @ shopcodyko.com.
- Follow him on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and YouTube.
Featured Image by Cody Ko / Instagram