|Curt Schilling Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||November 14, 1966|
Curt Schilling is an American former Major League Baseball right-handed pitcher who has served as a commentator for conservative media outlet BlazeTV. In 1993, he helped lead the Philadelphia Phillies to a World Series appearance as well as won championships in 2001 with the Arizona Diamondbacks and in 2004 and 2007 with the Boston Red Sox, being named the World Series MVP in 2001. A member of the 3,000 strikeout club, he has the highest strikeout-to-walk ratio of any of its inactive members. He founded Green Monster Games (later renamed 38 Studios) post-retirement.
Curtis Montague Schilling
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Fairview, Williamson County, Tennessee, United States
Curt Schilling studied at Shadow Mountain High School, a public high school located in the north valley of Phoenix, Arizona. He played Amateur baseball during his time there.
After that, he enrolled at Yavapai College located in Prescott, Arizona, in 1985.
Former Professional Baseball Player, Commentator
- Father – Clifford Schilling
- Mother – Mary Schilling
- Others – Homer Curtis Schilling (Paternal Grandfather), Dorothy Elizabeth Picking (Paternal Grandmother), Thomas Montague Lindsey (Maternal Grandfather), Frances Evelyn Watson (Maternal Grandmother)
Curt Schilling has been signed with –
- HarperCollins Publishers, Book Publisher, New York City, New York, United States
- ESPN, Inc., Company, Bristol, Hartford County, Connecticut, United States
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, he has a net worth of $1 Million as of 2023.
6 ft 5 in or 195.5 cm
92 kg or 203 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Curt Schilling has dated –
- Shonda Schilling (1992-Present) – He got married to Shonda Schilling in the year 1992 and they parent 4 children – Gehrig (b. May 27, 1995), Gabriella (b. May 22, 1997), Grant (b. October 13, 1999), and Garrison Michael (b. June 27, 2002). Reportedly, Shonda has suffered from back cancer and thyroid problems.
Race / Ethnicity
Curt Schilling is of German, Swiss-German, English, and Irish descent.
Salt and Pepper
Curt Schilling was cast in a TV commercial for Dunkin’ Donuts Maple Cheddar Breakfast Sandwich in 2004.
He is a born-again Christian. He became an evangelical in 1997.
Curt Schilling Favorite Things
- Game – Advanced Squad Leader (ASL)
Source – Wikipedia
Curt Schilling Facts
- In 2001 and 2004, he was named Pitcher of the Year by Baseball Digest.
- Curt Schilling is a huge fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- He was inducted into the Chester County (Pennsylvania) Sports Hall of Fame in 2009.
- After 20 seasons, he officially announced his retirement from professional baseball on March 23, 2009, and ended his career with a 216–146 record, 3.46 ERA, and 3116 strikeouts, the 15th-most in MLB history.
- On April 4, 2010, Curt Schilling made his debut on ESPN as a baseball color analyst on the pre-game show for the 2010 season opener between the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox.
- Curt Schilling has opposed same-s*x marriage and has suggested that each state should decide its laws on the topic rather than the federal government.
- In 2012, he was inducted into the Boston Red Sox Hall of Fame. The following year, he was inducted into the Philadelphia Phillies Wall of Fame.
- An avid collector of World War II memorabilia, Curt Schilling has “numerous Nazi uniforms with swastikas” and “uniforms worn by various SS divisions, including Hitler’s personal bodyguards”. He has specified that it is “not a Nazi collection. It’s a collection of World War II stuff,” further stating that he doesn’t “have a racist bone in (his) body”.
- He was treated for throat cancer in 2014 and he later attributed his cancer to his use of smokeless tobacco for 30 years.
- Curt Schilling has often criticized other players such as Alex Rodriguez, Barry Bonds, Manny Ramirez, and others.
Featured Image by Googie man / en.wikipedia / CC BY-SA 3.0