|Dakota Blue Richards Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 6 in|
|Date of Birth||April 11, 1994|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Dakota Blue Richards is an English actress who is best known for portraying roles such as Lyra Belacqua in The Golden Compass, April in Dustbin Baby, Maria in The Secret of Moonacre, and Franky Fitzgerald in Skins. She has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as The Quiet Hour, The Fold, Lightfields, Endeavour, Beecham House, and many more. Her stage credits include plays like What The Butler Saw, Arcadia, A Streetcar Named Desire. For her acting skills, Dakota has been nominated for several awards such as the Young Artist Award and TV Choice Award.
Dakota Blue Richards
South Kensington, London, England, United Kingdom
Dakota went to the
- Newlands School
- St Paul’s Primary School
- Blatchington Mill School in Hove
She got her college education from Brighton College.
She honed her acting skills at the K-Bis Theatre School.
As she couldn’t find time for regular education while shooting for the movie, The Golden Compass (2007), she was tutored by two tutors on the sets of the movie.
- Mother – Michaela Richards (Anthropologist and social worker)
- Siblings – Maya Richards (Half-Sister)
- Others – Michael Wyndham Patterson (Maternal Grandfather), Ellinor von Einsiedel (Maternal Grandmother)
Dakota Blue Richards is represented by
- London-based ARG talent agency
- United Talent Agency
5 ft 6 in or 168 cm
57 kg or 126 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dakota Blue Richards has dated –
- Robbie Curran – Dakota is reported to be in a relationship with British actor, Robbie Curran. Some sources claim that they have been together since 2005. However, due to her inclination to keep her private life away from the spotlight, no specific information is available about their relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
On her mother’s side, she has English and German ancestry.
- Pale skin tone
- Curvy figure
37-24-36 in or 94-61-91.5 cm
4 (US) or 36 (EU)
32DD (or 32E)
7.5 (US) or 38 (EU)
Dakota Blue Richards has fronted commercial modeling photoshoots for Immortal Sorapal campaign from AW 13, which is a London-based clothing brand.
She has also done endorsement work for Anathema Designs, which is handmade jewelry that uses upcycled materials in their creations.
Best Known For
- Being cast as Lyra Belacqua in the adventure and fantasy movie, The Golden Compass (2007).
- Having played the lead role in the 2008 fantasy movie, The Secret of Moonacre.
In 2007, Dakota made her first film appearance in the fantasy flick, The Golden Compass.
First TV Show
In 2011, Richards made her TV show debut as Franky Fitzgerald in the teen drama, Skins.
Dakota Blue Richards Favorite Things
- Movie – Howl’s Moving Castle (2004)
- Fashion Era – 1940s and 1980s
- Color – Pastels
- Style Icons – Lady Gaga, Brooke Candy, and Yolandi (Member of the South African rap band, Die Antwoord)
- High Street Store – American Apparel, Topshop and H&M
- Designer – Elie Saab
- Music Artists – Lady Gaga
- Photographers – Tracey Emin’s and Damien Hirst
Source – IMDb.com, Express.co.uk, Wikipedia.org
Dakota Blue Richards Facts
- Her mother chose to name her Dakota Blue because she wanted a combination of place and color in her daughter’s name. Also, Blue was her father’s nickname. And, Dakota is inspired by the Native American Sioux tribe in the Dakota region of United States.
- While growing up, she used to love making abstract and modern art.
- To bag the role of Lyra Belacqua in The Golden Compass, she had to compete with about 10,000 other girls in the open audition for the movie.
- The producers had sent audition footage of 40 selected girls to the writer of His Dark Materials trilogy (on which The Golden Compass movie was based). Dakota was one of the two girls selected by him.
- Her mother accidentally hung up on director Chris Weitz, the day he had called to inform that Dakota had bagged the leading role in The Golden Compass. He had to call them back to deliver the news.
- In 2011, she chose to go naked for the photoshoot for Ocean 2012 campaign, which aimed to send a message against overfishing. She held a giant fish for the photoshoot.
- She had to endure bullying over having dyed her hair red for her character in The Golden Compass.
- In 2008, she took part in a two-week camp held by the Equality and Human Rights Commission. The aim of the campaign was to discuss discrimination with teenagers belonging to various backgrounds.
- She has been an active supporter of the United Kingdom-based charity, Action for Children since 2010. This charity works with vulnerable youth and helps them overcome deprivation and injustice.
- She wanted to audition for her dream role of Alice in Alice in Wonderland (2010) but had to give up on it after learning that the director wanted an adult actress for the role.