|Dan Howell Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3¼ in|
|Date of Birth||June 11, 1991|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Dan Howell is an English social media personality, YouTuber, radio host, content creator, actor, presenter, voiceover artist, and author who rose to fame with his YouTube channels Daniel Howell (formerly known as danisnotonfire) and DanAndPhilGAMES.
Daniel James Howell
Dan, The Internet Cult Leader, Danisnotonfire, Bear, Sister Daniel, Tall Lesbian, Dan The Man, Daniel the Spaniel, Danny, D-Slice
Wokingham, Berkshire, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Dan Howell was enrolled at The Forest School in Winnersh and graduated from there in 2009.
After completion of his school education and taking a gap year, he got admission to the University of Manchester in 2010. He intended to study law but decided to drop his studies so that he could focus on his YouTube career.
Social Media Personality, YouTuber, Content Creator, Actor, Presenter, Radio Host, Voiceover Artist, Author
- Sibling – Adrian Howell (Younger Brother) (YouTuber, Lifestyle Coach, Photographer)
Dan Howell has been represented by Flipside Talent Agency.
In 2023, he had a net worth of $3 million as per CelebrityNetWorth.com.
6 ft 3¼ in or 191 cm
80 kg or 176 lbs
Boyfriend / Girlfriend / Spouse
Dan Howell has dated –
- Lucy Hale (2013) – Dan Howell was reported to be dating actress Lucy Hale in 2013 based on their social media activity. He had tweeted ‘Miss you babe’ and she responded by tweeting ‘Miss you more.’
- Phil Lester (2009-Present) – In 2009, he met YouTuber and radio host Phil Lester on the Internet and then in person in October 2009. They eventually started dating and began living together in August 2011. The couple has lived together in Manchester and London. Dan Howell later started in 2019 that they have both refrained from talking about their relationship because “I’m somebody that wants to keep the details of my personal life private. So is Phil.”
Race / Ethnicity
On June 13, 2019, he revealed that he is gay by uploading a video on YouTube saying ‘Basically I’m Gay’ and came out to his family earlier that month over email. He has also said that he doesn’t “feel the need to use labels.”
- Tall height
- Geeky appearance
He has posted pics of his Nike running shoes.
Being one of the leading British social media stars, Dan Howell has promoted a number of products and brands in his social media activity. He has endorsed numerous products in his videos and has also promoted some products by using those or strategically placing such products in his videos.
Best Known For
- The popularity of his various channels on YouTube, which has helped him garner more than 6 million subscribers.
- Having hosted a couple of entertainment shows on BBC Radio 1
Dan was first seen in the short fantasy film Knightmare in 2013 as himself.
First TV Show
In 2013, Daniel made his first TV show appearance in a talk show Newsround.
Dan Howell Favorite Things
- High School Musical Song – You are the music in me (By Vanessa Hudgens and Zac Efron)
- Celebrity – Jennifer Lawrence, Kanye West, and Delia Smith
- One Direction Member – Niall Horan
- Man Crush – Evan Peters
- Color – Black, gold, and white
- Snack – Maltesers
- Muse Album – Origin of Symmetry
Source – MTV.co.uk, Wikia.com
Dan Howell Facts
- Dan’s legions of fans are collectively called Llamaarmy. The name of the fan group has been inspired by his love of llamas.
- In 2012, the Sugarscape magazine declared him the “Hottest Lad of the Year” after the result of an online poll was declared.
- He reckons his biggest achievement is to play the game, Call of Duty: World at War at the veteran level difficulty.
- He started his YouTube career in October 2009 by posting his first video, which was titled Hello Internet. He was convinced by his friends including bestie and fellow YouTuber Phil Lester.
- Dan has revealed that he has experienced external and internalized homophobia throughout his life, especially during his school years. The condition once worsened to the point of a suicide attempt when he was a teenager.
- He has struggled with clinical depression, something that was revealed in his YouTube video titled “Daniel and Depression” in October 2017. He recovered by taking antidepressants, seeing a therapist, and focusing on “basic self-care”.
- He has collaborated with his pal Phil Lester to create an app, the 7 Second Challenge. They were heavily featured in the promotion of the app.
- In October 2015, Howell and Lester’s co-written non-fiction book, The Amazing Book is Not on Fire was released in collaboration with Ebury Press and Random House Children’s Books.
- In October and November 2016, he and Lester toured throughout the UK to perform their theatrical show, The Amazing Tour Is Not on Fire.
- The Top X series of Watch Mojo placed him at 5th place in the list of “Top 10 YouTube Lifestyle Vloggers”.
- He has served as an ambassador for the UK-based organization named YoungMinds.
- In April 2016, they started their US tour in which they performed their theatrical play. The tour which lasted more than two months was the longest tour done by the YouTube stars.
- In June 2016, he and Phil Lester achieved the distinction of being the first British YouTube stars to publish videos on YouTube Red.
- In November 2016, Dan and Phil published their photo book, Dan and Phil Go Outside, in which they shared pictures from their theatrical tour and some candid pictures.
- In May 2015, the British Tabloid Mirror placed him on the 5th spot in the Top 10 British YouTubers list.
- He is adept at playing the piano and drums.
- He has supported and became involved in Stop, Speak, Support, an anti-cyberbullying campaign launched by Prince William.
- He has collaborated with his pal Phil to create a range of merchandise including posters, t-shirts, hoodies, posters, and tote bags.
- In January 2021, after a gap of 2 years, Dan was seen together with longtime friend Phil in a video titled Something we want to tell you! uploaded to ‘AmazingPhil’ YouTube channel.