|Darby Stanchfield Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||April 29, 1971|
|Spouse||Joseph Mark Gallegos|
Darby Stanchfield is a talented American actress who is known for her roles in Scandal, Mad Men, The Mentalist, How I Met Your Mother, CSI: Miami, Burn Notice, The Picture of Dorian Gray, Waitress, The Square Root of 2, The Sacrifice, Finding Hope, The Guest Room, The Rendezvous, and Justine. Darby has a Masters degree in Fine Arts from the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco. She has more than 500k followers on Twitter, more than 200k followers on Facebook, and more than 500k followers on Instagram.
Darby Leigh Stanchfield
Kodiak, Alaska, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Darby Stanchfield graduated with a major in Communications and a minor in Theater from the University of Puget Sound in 1993. Later, she joined the American Conservatory Theater in San Francisco and obtained her Masters in Fine Arts.
- Father – He was a Commercial Fisherman.
- Mother – She is a Painter.
- Siblings – Temre Stanchfield (Sister) (Painter)
- Others – Walt Stanchfield (Uncle) (Worked in Walt Disney)
Darby Stanchfield is managed by Principal Entertainment, Artist Management Company, West Hollywood, California, United States.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Darby Stanchfield has dated –
- Joseph Mark Gallegos – Darby had been dating entertainment professional and founder of 101 North, Joseph Mark Gallegos for a while. They tied the knot in 2009. The couple shares a blissful marriage life.
Race / Ethnicity
- Prominent cheekbones
- Toned figure
Darby Stanchfield has either endorsed or promoted brands like –
- Pure Leaf
- Elisabetta Franchi
- LEE SAVAGE
- Neil Lane
Best Known For
Her varied roles in TV series like Scandal (2012–2018) as Abby Whelan, Jericho (2006–2007) as April Green, Mad Men (2007–2008) as Helen Bishop, and NCIS (2006–2015) as Shannon Gibbs
In 2004, she made her theatrical film debut in the horror drama film The Picture of Dorian Gray as Sybil Vane.
First TV Show
In 2000, she made her first TV show appearance on the crime drama series Diagnosis Murder as Nora.
Darby Stanchfield works out regularly. She is into Pilates and works out at the Pilates Studio City in Los Angeles. In case she is busy, she completes her workouts with Tracy Anderson’s DVD either at the gym or her living room.
As for her diet, she prefers eating smaller meals the whole day. Darby eats lots of fruits, green vegetables, and fresh fish. She also grows her own vegetables and cooks her own food. She tends to eat at home rather than eat out. For special high profile events, she prepares by getting enough sleep, eating healthy, and doing a few stretches.
She usually divides her meal into small portions like-
- 8:00 AM – European-style plain, unsweetened yogurt with 1 tablespoon each of goji berries, hemp seeds, and pumpkin seeds finished with a dash of cinnamon and sea salt
- 11:30 AM – Avocado toast garnished with hemp seeds, lemon juice (from my Meyer lemon tree), basil (from the garden), and sea salt
- 2:30 PM – Salad with her home-made dressing
- 5:00 PM – Peanut Butter directly from the spoon, with a square of chocolate, on a rice cake, or on half of an apple
- 7:00 PM – Indonesian style Nasi Goreng (fried rice with meat and vegetables)
Darby Stanchfield Favorite Things
- Thing To Cook – Salads
- Live Theater Show – The Curious Case of the Dog in the Nighttime
- Song To Jam Out To – AC/DC’s “You Shook Me All Night Long”
- Seafood Dish – Simple fresh-caught wild salmon, broiled with lemon and rosemary
- Place To Visit In Kodiak, Alaska – The boat harbor
- Book – All of Pippi Longstocking books
- Fashion Decade – The ’60s because hemlines finally rose above the knee.
- Abby Whelan Line From Scandal – To Olivia in a dream, “There is no man to rescue you. Do you hear me? No one. No one is going to help you. You are the only gladiator in the place. You are all you’ve got. You have to rescue yourself.”
- Candy Bar – PayDay
- Food – Mexican
- Place To Travel For Food – Rome, and Tuscany
Source – Food Republic, Us Magazine, Food And Wine
Darby Stanchfield Facts
- She has lived in Dutch Harbor in the Aleutian Islands and Mercer Island near Seattle in the past.
- She prefers work than to be on vacation.
- With her wit and charm, Darby has talked her way out of 5 speeding tickets.
- She shares text messages about storylines, acting, and fashion during every Scandal episode with her father.
- She likes wearing high heels than flats.
- Darby is an avid NBA fan.
- She is a very organized person.
- When she was a child, her cat, Nutmeg was snatched up by a bald eagle.
- She was just in her 4th grade when she caught her first king salmon.
- For more than 25 years, she has consistently maintained a journal.
- She prefers making quick exits than pausing for a round of goodbyes at a party.
- She likes having her own garden where ever she lives.
- Cooking is her biggest hobby.
- She considers herself to be more of a do-it-yourself person.
- While she was growing up in Alaska, she enjoyed a whole lot of real and natural foods.
- Her sinful indulgence includes desserts and chocolate.
- She has a recipe box with index cards of old-school recipes written by her mother and grandmother which she keeps updating.
- Her signature sandwich would consist of Turkey carved straight from the Thanksgiving turkey, Dijon, homemade (extra-tart) cranberry sauce and romaine on a freshly baked rustic potato roll.
- Jennifer Lawrence is her celebrity body crush.
- She stays happy and healthy from the inside out by taking a few minutes, twice daily, to focus on being grateful for everything in her life.
- Peanut butter is her guilty pleasure food, and she takes it with oatmeal, rice cakes, and chocolate, among others.
- Her go-to-drink is tea.
- Visit her official website @ darbystanchfield.com.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Yahoo / Flickr / CC BY-2.0