|Dave Sitek Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||September 6, 1972|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Dave Sitek is an American musician and record producer, best known for both a solo album titled Maximum Balloon he released on September 21, 2010, as well as being a record and soundtrack producer behind well-known TV series and theatrical releases such as Sugar (2008), Never Back Down (2008), Man Down (2015), Chi-Raq (2015). In 2017, he was a producer for the T2 Trainspotting film featuring Ewan McGregor, and the next year he was a songwriter for The Spy Who Dumped Me, a movie featuring Hollywood stars Mila Kunis, Justin Theroux, and Kate McKinnon.
He was also a guitarist for Jane’s Addiction, an American rock band, on their 2011 album titled The Great Escape Artist, and founded his own band in 2001, titled TV on the Radio with 3 other members, which was still active as of March 2019. One of his most notable credits was being a record producer for Scarlett Johansson, a well-known actress, on her Anywhere I Lay My Head album released in May 2008.
David Andrew Sitek
Dave, Maximum Balloon
Beverly Hills, California, United States
Musician, Record Producer, Songwriter
- Mother – (Teacher)
- Siblings – He has brothers.
- Others – Paula (Aunt)
Dave Sitek is represented by –
- Global Positioning Services (GPS) Management in Santa Monica, California, United States
- William Morris Endeavor (WME) Entertainment in Beverly Hills, California, United States
Guitar, Keyboards, Bass, Drums
- Touch and Go
- DGC Records
- Interscope Records
- Federal Prism
- Harvest Records
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Dave is of American descent.
- Short dark brown hair
- Often wears stubble or 5 o’clock shadow facial hair
- Prescription glasses
- Deep voice
Best Known For
- His solo album titled Maximum Balloon released on in September 2010
- Being a part of the band named TV on the Radio, formed in 2011
- Performing with Jane’s Addiction, a rock band, on their 2011 album The Great Escape Artist as a guitarist
- Being a producer for bands and artists such as Little Dragon, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Liars, Foals, Beady Eye, and most notably, Hollywood actress Scarlett Johansson in 2008
His debut self-titled album was released on September 21, 2010, under the name Maximum Balloon via Interscope Records. Some songs were released as singles for a period of around 5 years, until June 15, 2010.
First TV Show
Dave made his first television show appearance in 2011, in an episode titled Scarlett Johansson of a documentary series Biography.
Dave Sitek Favorite Things
- Animal – Dog
- Dog Breed – Husky
- Activity – Smoking Weed
- Hobby – Painting, Photography
Source – Twitter, Twitter, YouTube
Dave Sitek Facts
- He grew up in Columbia, Maryland, with his brothers and a mother who was a teacher with a degree in child psychology.
- His mother never stood in the way of him exploring new things, which led to Dave starting a hardcore band when he was 14 and performing band practices at home.
- He was interested in music from an early age due to his aunt Paula’s influence, as she listened to Jimi Hendrix, and bands such as Talking Heads and Blondie.
- Dave Sitek formed a band TV on the Radio in 2011, based in Brooklyn, New York. It had 5 core members total – himself, Tunde Adebimpe, Kyp Malone, Jaleel Bunton, and Gerard Smith, who passed away in 2011. They worked with well-known bands such as Celebration, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Nine Inch Nails, Dragons of Zynth, as well as David Bowie, a well-known English singer who passed away on January 10, 2016.
- He used to work in a coffee shop with Kyp Malone, who would later become his bandmate in TV on the Radio, as well as Chris Taylor, who was known for being a bassist for the rock band Grizzly Bear.
- Dave Sitek released Maximum Balloon, a self-titled solo album via Interscope Records in 2010. He had guest contributions on it from artists such as Tunde Adebimpe and Kyp Malone, his bandmates from TV on the Radio, David Byrne, the founding member of Talking Heads, and Karen O, a lead vocalist of the rock band Yeah Yeah Yeahs.
- Dave produced albums for the rock band Foals, titled Antidotes in 2008, Telepathe, an electro-pop duo, for their album Dance Mother in 2009, as well as singers such as Holly Miranda on her The Magician’s Private Library (2010) album, and Daniel Higgs on his Say God (2010) album.
- He submitted an original solo track for the Dark Was the Night charity compilation of songs created by the Red Hot Organization which was and released on February 16, 2009.
- In 2014, he worked with artists and singers such as Erik Hassle, Kelis, Francisca Venezuela, and released an album titled Seeds with his band.
- Dave Sitek produced a song LoveHappy that was on the collaborative album between Beyoncé and Jay-Z, a couple married in real life, titled Everything is Love, released on June 16, 2018.
- Despite collaborating with many indie rock bands in Brooklyn, he didn’t like where the music movement had gone in the 2nd decade of 21st century, as indie bands claimed things that weren’t true just to get the attention. For that reason, he later moved to the West coast in Beverly Hills, California, because he noticed people there were very egocentric and honest and didn’t hide their true interest.
- Dave Sitek produced the 13th album titled Weezer (Black Album) for the American band Weezer, which was released on March 1, 2019, but received mixed to average reviews, with a score of 56/100 by Metacritic website.
- He started smoking weed to escape from problems, as it allowed him to retreat into himself and forget about the outside world for a while.
- He said that without marijuana, his creative process would still be the same, only he’d be less focused and determined to get the job done.
- Visit his band’s official website @ www.tvontheradio.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Discogs.
Featured Image by Tim Noakes / YouTube