Davichi is a South Korean pop duo that consists of singers Lee Hae-ri and Kang Min-kyung. Formed in 2008, the duo has released a number of albums, tracks, and extended plays such as Amaranth, Mystic Ballad, &10, Love Delight, Davichi in Wonderland, 8282, Innocence, Davichi Hug, Season Note, 50 x Half, I Love You Even Though I Hate You (미워도 사랑하니까), Sad Promise (슬픈 다짐), Sad Love Song (슬픈 사랑의 노래), From Me to You (난 너에게), Love and War (사랑과 전쟁), Don’t Say Goodbye (안녕이라고 말하지마), I’ll Think of You (생각날거야), Just Two of Us (둘이서 한잔해), Do Men Cry (남자도 우나요), Missing You Today (오늘따라 보고 싶어서 그래), Don’t Move (움직이지마), Two Lovers (두사랑) (ft. Mad Clown), White (화이트) (ft. Jay Park), Beside Me (내 옆에 그대인 걸), Love Is to Give (받는 사랑이 주는 사랑에게), Days Without You (너 없는 시간들), Unspoken Words (너에게 못했던 내 마지막 말은), First Loss (나의 첫사랑), Just Hug Me (그냥 안아달란 말야), Looking at Photos (사진을 보다가), Everyday Christmas (매일 크리스마스), The Letter (편지), Fanfare (팡파레), Dear. (나의 오랜 연인에게), Nostalgia (마치 우린 없었던 사이), To Me (나에게 넌), Cry Again (또 운다 또), Pillow (팔베개), Again (헤어졌다 만났다), Be Warmed (녹는 중) (ft. Verbal Jint), and Sorry, I’m Happy (행복해서 미안해). In addition to that, Davichi has been a recipient of various accolades including the Gaon Chart K-Pop Award, Golden Disk Award, Melon Music Award, Mnet Asian Music Award, Seoul Music Award, Brand Customer Loyalty Award, and Cyworld Digital Music Award.
Core Contents, CJ ENM (MMO/B2M/Stone Music/Wake One)
The duo released its debut studio album Amaranth on February 4, 2008. It includes songs like The Bad Me That’s Hurt (나쁘고 아픈 나), Opposite of Breaking Up (이별의 반대 말), Putting on Lipstick (립스틱 짙게 바르고), I Love You Even Though I Hate You (미워도 사랑하니까), Is That How It Is? (그런거니), and Sad Love Song (슬픈 사랑의 노래).
- The duo’s name “Davichi” has been derived from the Korean phrase “shining over everything” (다 비치).
- Davichi released its first extended play Davichi in Wonderland on February 27, 2009, and it won the Bonsang Award at the Golden Disk Awards in 2009. Its tracklist includes I Made A Mistake (사고쳤어요), My Man, Is Love Funny (사랑이 우습니), and others.
- Its 3rd extended play Love Delight was released on August 29, 2011, and it peaked at #3 on the Gaon Weekly Album Chart and at #13 on the Gaon Monthly Album Chart. The EP was leaked before its official release.
- On March 18, 2013, Davichi released its 2nd studio album Mystic Ballad and its tracklist consists of One Person’s Story (한 사람 얘기), Things That Still Come Up in My Memory (우리의 시간은 다르다), I Want to be Brave and Breakup (용기내 헤어질래), You Are My Everything, and Nagging (잔소리). It peaked at #3 on the Gaon Weekly Album Chart and at #7 on the Gaon Monthly Album Chart.
- Davichi‘s 3rd studio album &10 was released on January 25, 2018, marking Davichi‘s 10th anniversary since its debut. The album includes songs like Days Without You (너 없는 시간들), Never Love (사랑하지 말아요), Days Gone By (지난 날), Can We (그래도 우리), and Even Though I Hate You, I Love You (Special Track) (미워도 사랑하니까). The album peaked at #15 on the Gaon Weekly Album Chart and at #52 on the Gaon Monthly Album Chart.
- Davichi has also been featured on several soundtracks for television dramas like Big, Iris II, Descendants of the Sun, and It’s Okay, That’s Love.
- Over the years, there have been many Davichi concerts – Davichi 1st Concert “The Premiere” In Seoul (2009), Davichi Christmas Concert In Seoul (2010), Davichi Concert ‘To Send’ (2011), Davichi Concert ‘Davichi Code’ (2013), Davichi Concert ‘Winter Hug’ (2015), Davichi In Tempo <50 X HALF> (2016), Davichi OST & Greatest Hits Live In Singapore (2017), Davichi La êve Concert (2017), Davichi Live Tour ‘&10’ (2018), Davichi Winter Party (2018), Davichi Concert In Taipei (2019), Davichi Concert In LA & San Francisco (2019), and Davichi Concert ‘DAVICHI CONCERT’ (2019).
Featured Image by HOLIC / tistory.com / CC BY 4.0